C7Driver

May 7, 2014
London
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7
I see there is now a 2014 model Z51 appearance package available for order as of today which gives you the larger tires, aluminum or black rims, spoiler for $1995 (black rims extra). Called the ZF1 package, same price as chrome wheels on the base model.

There are ads for it on the U.S forums and dealers talking about it but GM Canada seems not to have it on the order guide.

Question is will this be available to Cdns? Anyone have any info?

I suspect they brought it out as they have a lot of Z51 appearance parts but are short on the ediff so it made sense to create this package for the people who wanted a Z51 but can't order it. It's actually quite a nice package from the looks of it.

I haven't looked at the Canadian order guide yet buy I know that a lot of people wanted the black rims and since they were only available on the Z51 package there was a lot of push from the dealers to make them available without the Z51 as well. So far 3 customers had inquired about this option on 2014's.

I think having that option is great because not everyone wants the Z51 package. Many people just want a base C7 with black rims.

GM Canada hasn't priced yet

Geez, dealer went to GM Canada because the ZF1 option isn't in the buying guide yet. Oh were working on the pricing at the moment, will get around to it sooner or later.

So you can kiss this option goodbye for Cdns waiting for a 2014. By time they get around to it the 2014 run will be over.

Last edited:
Hi C7Driver,

the 2014 run ended in Canada on May 29th so definately this option was never offered in Canada.

I emailed GM Canada -- Performance Car devision to inquire on this and here is the reply I got today:

The ZF1 program, at this time, is a US program only.

We fully anticipate being able to offer it in Canada for 15MY but have nothing confirmed at this time.

Once we have confirmed the availability, we will announce and add it to the VOG (if applicable).

I hope this helps answer your questions.

Thanks for your support of the Corvette.

END QUOTE

Hi C7Driver,

the 2014 run ended in Canada on May 29th so definately this option was never offered in Canada.

I emailed GM Canada -- Performance Car devision to inquire on this and here is the reply I got today:

The ZF1 program, at this time, is a US program only.

We fully anticipate being able to offer it in Canada for 15MY but have nothing confirmed at this time.

Once we have confirmed the availability, we will announce and add it to the VOG (if applicable).

I hope this helps answer your questions.

Thanks for your support of the Corvette.

END QUOTE

That's interesting. I am trying to get this option on my 2014 which currently has a TPW first week of Aug. Let you know how I make out. Thanks !

Hi C7Driver.

Since your TPW is the first week of August, I think that also means that your vehicle is at status 3000. At that stage it is extremely unlikely for you to be able to make any changes to your vehicle's options specially adding an option that was never offered on that vehicle to start with.

So dont hold your breath but if it does happen then Id be very interested to know about it.

We have a Corvette being produced in week of 08/04 and all we wanted to do was change its interior from Black to Adrenaline Red. That change was declined by the factory as that order is also at stage 3000.

On a side note we are now officially accepting orders for 2015's. All order by the end of this month will be guaranteed delivery by end of September. Also starting 2015 the Z51 package included NPP exhaust. Please call or TXT 416-826-7006 to get more info.

Best of Luck!

Hi C7Jake,

Thanks for your comment. I should have said first 5 orders within June would be delivered by end of September. Not "ALL".

We are very confident of this as we have guaranteed allocation and as production starts in mid-August and it takes around 4 weeks for it to go through all steps we feel end of September is a safe bet.

Also we need to achieve this too as this would entitle us to a guaranteed allocation for the first batch of the Z06 -- and we WANT one! We have to earn our stripes too. :)

No offense Ojamali, I ordered my car from one of the bigger corvette dealers last October and was "guaranteed" a May 1st delivery. My car is not in my driveway and won't be until August. I would be nervous using that word when GM has hung a lot of dealers out to dry and disappointed a lot of customers. Just my thoughts ;)

Yeah I think 5 by end of Sept may be hard to do, due to many factors. The prioritization of allocations at the start of the production year, continued constraints on the Z51s, introduction of the C06 into the production line. The deal with Hertz means GM will want to get them their inventory fast, Ron Fellows school takes like 14 a month, The 2 big US dealers take about 2500 a year so you know they will have quite a bit of priority.

There is almost as much demand pent up for the 2015's as the 2014's so I would look at what your order & delivery pattern was last year and bet it would not be much different. I bet GM paces the delivery, so of allocations for Canada 300 last year which guess may go to 340 this year, I'd bet no more then 40 a month are destined to Canada.

But if you can load all the orders the day the book opens you may be able to squeeze out the other Canadian dealers to some extent but I'd be there ready to key them in as soon as you could.

Might be a good promo! Have the people who are on the list there , sign the deal and enter the order at 6am or when ever the system is first available to enter the orders.

Just my 2cents

The ZF1 option was available for 2014 Model Year in US only.

In Canada it was never available as an option for 2014's.

My sources tell me that it will be available for 2015's in Canada but its not confirmed till its been released from GM. Prices will also be released at the same time i think.

As it stands right now ZF1 is not showing up as an option for any of the 2015 factory orders we have placed so far. Our 2015 order book is now open with allocations on hand.

Thanks for your insight ojamali. If I didn't already have an order in I'd be giving you a call for sure. It was just wishful thinking that I might have slipped in an addition to my order on a 2014. If you already have an order in, can a person add the body colour Z51 spoiler and have it shipped with the car and dealer installed? Thanks

Hi Jabroni,

Thanks for your kind comment.

Yes u can add the spoiler you like. All you need to do is go to this website:

Accessories Overview

Select your vehicle and then click spoiler. Pick the one you want and write down the part number or print it out and take it your closest gm parts store.

They can order it in for you. It usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive from US if it's readily available.

With installation expect to spend about a $1000 I think. The dealership will get it installed in house based on factory specs.

Best of luck!

I was going over the 2015 order guide today for the non Z51 Stingrays's and looks like the items that make up the ZF1 package are currently showing up as individual options that can be added to the Base 2015 Corvettes.

To me that pretty much confirms that the ZF1 package will be available for 2015 model year. All we are waiting for now is an update to the order guide which would release prices and possibly the option ZF1 to automatically select all items in the package (and preferably at a better price than adding them individually). No prices have been release yet for 2015 model year.

On a side note we still have allocation for two 2015 Corvette Coupe's for anticipated delivery by end of September -- Must place orders latest by June 30th though.

Call or TXT me at 416-826-7006.

That's a decent price. So you can either pay $2k for 20/19 inch tuning fork wheel upgrade + spoiler + black colour option availibity.....or for $1600 you can pay for 18/19" machine faced wheels that look practically identical to the base wheels. Decisions decisions lol.

Just wanted to update that the ZF1 package is now showing up in the GM Canada Order Book for 2015 C7 Base

Here is whats included:
Z51 Wheels and Tires with choice of Silver Painted, Chrome, Black or Aluminum Rims
Z51 Spoiler -- Body Color

Still no prices.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.