As has been said by others it is probably a case of your dealer being given an allocation and at this time there is a constraint forcing you to take the Z51 if you want Mag ride which is a really nice option if you use your C8 for much touring. Given that you are not going to be able to drive it until April you may want to consider taking a pass on the current allocation and waiting a few weeks for your dealer's next allocation which may not have the constraint. Personally I would not order a Z51 in the C8 even though I had it on my first C7 and I had 2 Grand Sport C7s. With the C8 I was able to order every option I wanted, and there were lots, without going for the Z51. I especially didn't want the summer only Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires that come on the Z51. I wanted the Michelin AS tires. They ride better, are quieter on the highway, wear longer and can be driven in the cold weather where the 4S can not. I have also driven the Z51 and the non Z51 back to back and could not tell the difference under normal driving. If you plan to track your car then go for the Z51 but otherwise it is a significant expense for slightly larger brakes.

Thanks for your comments, it makes sense if the dealer only option is Z51. I forgot to mention there were 2 persons ahead of me, the dealer called me as they could not be reached. I got an order number and the salesman said may be Feb 2024, but acording to youtuber Rick Corvette Conti, some 2023 deliveries are still outstanding. i don't mind Apr/May 2024 as I will have to store it in Feb. I'm by the Scarborough Town Centre, the dealer is Hogan Chevrolet on Sheppard, them salesman are nice but don't think they know C8 inside out, i wnet with them because during COVID they told me they never do mark ups. BTW, 2 months ago they delivered a white 2023 Z06. And Thanks for the welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your comments, it makes sense if the dealer only option is Z51. I forgot to mention there were 2 persons ahead of me, the dealer called me as they could not be reached. I got an order number and the salesman said may be Feb 2024, but acording to youtuber Rick Corvette Conti, some 2023 deliveries are still outstanding. i don't mind Apr/May 2024 as I will have to store it in Feb. I'm by the Scarborough Town Centre, the dealer is Hogan Chevrolet on Sheppard, them salesman are nice but don't think they know C8 inside out, i wnet with them because during COVID they told me they never do mark ups. BTW, 2 months ago they delivered a white 2023 Z06. And Thanks for the welcome to the forum.

You may want to start looking for a higher volume dealer to get your servicing done. I see Hogan only sold 6 Corvettes of model year 2023. They are around 168th in Canada. The C8s are a very different machine from previous Corvettes and they have some unique challenges. Most of us don't want to be the ones where a Tech is learning the car. I would look for a Chev dealer who is selling 30 or more Corvettes a year. Here is a handy web site for seeing who is selling how many. Be sure to click on "Canada" at the top so you get Canadian dealers. Also click on the year so you get an idea of total sales in that year. have fun, it is an amazing car.

You may want to start looking for a higher volume dealer to get your servicing done. I see Hogan only sold 6 Corvettes of model year 2023. They are around 168th in Canada. The C8s are a very different machine from previous Corvettes and they have some unique challenges. Most of us don't want to be the ones where a Tech is learning the car. I would look for a Chev dealer who is selling 30 or more Corvettes a year. Here is a handy web site for seeing who is selling how many. Be sure to click on "Canada" at the top so you get Canadian dealers. Also click on the year so you get an idea of total sales in that year. have fun, it is an amazing car.
Thanks for the service tips. I went with Hogan because Chevy website recommended it. How does the C8 allocation works?

Thanks for the service tips. I went with Hogan because Chevy website recommended it. How does the C8 allocation works?
Now that is a good question. there are a number of components but essentially GM allocates numbers of vehicles to each dealer based on their past sales records. So if a dealer sold 60 C8s for the past two years they would probably get 55-65 allocations the following year give or take. The allocations are assigned to dealers I believe once a month. So if you are on a wait list and there are 30 customers in line in front of you then you have to wait until that dealer gets 30 allocations before your name goes to the top of the list. Your dealer should then contact you and you then have to quickly firm up your order, finalize your options and sign off on the sale which your dealer then submits to GM. Most experienced purchasers "build" their order using the GM online configurator which shows you a model of your car as you build it. A few weeks or even a month or two later GM will notify the dealer of the TPW (Target Production Week) and your dealer should notify you of that week. Until that time, which could be months, GM has not accepted your order. GM has a whole series of code numbers that they assign to your order as it passes through their order sequencing process. If you look around this Forum you should see what those numbers mean. A good sales person/dealer will keep you informed of the progress of your build as it moves through the order, build and delivery process. Unfortunately, many folks don't understand the process and go into their local Chev dealer and place an order. If that dealer only sold 5 Corvettes in the past couple of years you may not get an allocation for a year or more. I ordered my 2022 HTC from Humberview in the middle of the summer of 2021 and got delivery 9 months later. Humberview had an allocation of 30-40 Corvettes the previous two years and they were not as well known as some of the higher volume dealers so there were not too many orders ahead of mine so I got delivery in 9-10 months. I know of folks who ordered from teir local Chev store and didn't get delivery for almost two years. My strong advice is to follow the C8 pages on this forum, the members are super friendly and super generous with help. For general information follow several of the big Facebook pages that feature C8s. Big one in the US is "C8 Owners (And Friends)." last I heard that page has well over 10,000 members. Good Ontario Facebook page is "Corvettes of Ontario" or "Members and Friends of the Corvette Club of Ontario (CCO)." Once you follow one Corvette related Facebook page their algorithms will suggest lots of Corvette focused Facebook pages. Be selective as they will suggest hundreds of groups. There are a number of Corvette focused groups around the GTA. Also seriously consider joining your local Corvette Club or The Corvette Club of Ontario - CCO (Corvette Club of Ontario - Home). They have over 300 members and a great web site. Members are super generous with tips and help. I belong to both CCO and the Brampton Corvette Club which is a very small local club that focuses mostly on social events.

If you haven't already done so, please read this post.

Now that is a good question. there are a number of components but essentially GM allocates numbers of vehicles to each dealer based on their past sales records. So if a dealer sold 60 C8s for the past two years they would probably get 55-65 allocations the following year give or take. The allocations are assigned to dealers I believe once a month. So if you are on a wait list and there are 30 customers in line in front of you then you have to wait until that dealer gets 30 allocations before your name goes to the top of the list. Your dealer should then contact you and you then have to quickly firm up your order, finalize your options and sign off on the sale which your dealer then submits to GM. Most experienced purchasers "build" their order using the GM online configurator which shows you a model of your car as you build it. A few weeks or even a month or two later GM will notify the dealer of the TPW (Target Production Week) and your dealer should notify you of that week. Until that time, which could be months, GM has not accepted your order. GM has a whole series of code numbers that they assign to your order as it passes through their order sequencing process. If you look around this Forum you should see what those numbers mean. A good sales person/dealer will keep you informed of the progress of your build as it moves through the order, build and delivery process. Unfortunately, many folks don't understand the process and go into their local Chev dealer and place an order. If that dealer only sold 5 Corvettes in the past couple of years you may not get an allocation for a year or more. I ordered my 2022 HTC from Humberview in the middle of the summer of 2021 and got delivery 9 months later. Humberview had an allocation of 30-40 Corvettes the previous two years and they were not as well known as some of the higher volume dealers so there were not too many orders ahead of mine so I got delivery in 9-10 months. I know of folks who ordered from teir local Chev store and didn't get delivery for almost two years. My strong advice is to follow the C8 pages on this forum, the members are super friendly and super generous with help. For general information follow several of the big Facebook pages that feature C8s. Big one in the US is "C8 Owners (And Friends)." last I heard that page has well over 10,000 members. Good Ontario Facebook page is "Corvettes of Ontario" or "Members and Friends of the Corvette Club of Ontario (CCO)." Once you follow one Corvette related Facebook page their algorithms will suggest lots of Corvette focused Facebook pages. Be selective as they will suggest hundreds of groups. There are a number of Corvette focused groups around the GTA. Also seriously consider joining your local Corvette Club or The Corvette Club of Ontario - CCO (Corvette Club of Ontario - Home). They have over 300 members and a great web site. Members are super generous with tips and help. I belong to both CCO and the Brampton Corvette Club which is a very small local club that focuses mostly on social events.
Good info here @DavidWG. if you don't mind I'll add it to my post about ordering a Corvette 101.

@Murray20c8 Thanks for the 101, i wished I joined this forum before ordering the C8. Like I said, some salesmen do not know C8 ordering inside out. In my case, I made a change to my order the same day, like 5 hrs later, as the Mag Ride was on the order list; I have F55 and FE4 now. I read some posts in other forums saying they were able to make changes at status 3000.

FYI - At Hogan, there was no pressure to add options, even when placing the order on GM workbench, the salesman clearly told me I had to wait 2 years, that was back in Oct 2021, I was ok with that as i had time to get my finances in order and find a place to store the C8 during winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DavidWG
Hi Everyone.

I contacted Canada GM concierge and they said my C8 is built but it's in testing but my dealership said it's in transit. At the Toronto Autoshow, a GM marketing dude was confused by the testing status for C8, after asking around he said that GM regularly pulls vehicles from the line for further testing and that the C8 should be at the dealership soon. But that was 2 weeks ago, Feb 2. I don't have a status code. Anyone knows about the testing thing and why 2 weeks has passed with no updates from the dealership (FYI i emailed the dealership today for an update). txs.

Hi Everyone.

I contacted Canada GM concierge and they said my C8 is built but it's in testing but my dealership said it's in transit. At the Toronto Autoshow, a GM marketing dude was confused by the testing status for C8, after asking around he said that GM regularly pulls vehicles from the line for further testing and that the C8 should be at the dealership soon. But that was 2 weeks ago, Feb 2. I don't have a status code. Anyone knows about the testing thing and why 2 weeks has passed with no updates from the dealership (FYI i emailed the dealership today for an update). txs.
I had mine pulled and I got it about 3 weeks later.

Thanks for the reply. IMO, the car is held up at the factory because there's a safety recall issued by Transport Canada on Feb 6, 2024, it's about a headlight/daylight malfunction affecting all C8s and other GM vehicles, (here: Transport Canada Recall - 2024060 - GENERAL MOTORS - Canada.ca). Watch out for a letter from GM once they know how to fix the headlight software.

It shows that GM concierge and the GM marketing guys at the Toronto Autoshow are full of it and don't have a clue about what's going on. My dealership salesman also does not have a clue how to read the screen shot he sent me, they said they are testing the headlights but nothing on the recall despite the screenshot showing clearly the recall code, N232431050. Thanks to google, I think GM can't release a brand new car with known safety issue.

This works for me too as it's still winter and I don't have time now to clean the garage.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Thanks for the reply. IMO, the car is held up at the factory because there's a safety recall issued by Transport Canada on Feb 6, 2024, it's about a headlight/daylight malfunction affecting all C8s and other GM vehicles, (here: Transport Canada Recall - 2024060 - GENERAL MOTORS - Canada.ca). Watch out for a letter from GM once they know how to fix the headlight software.

It shows that GM concierge and the GM marketing guys at the Toronto Autoshow are full of it and don't have a clue about what's going on. My dealership salesman also does not have a clue how to read the screen shot he sent me, they said they are testing the headlights but nothing on the recall despite the screenshot showing clearly the recall code, N232431050. Thanks to google, I think GM can't release a brand new car with known safety issue.

This works for me too as it's still winter and I don't have time now to clean the garage.
Seeing how that type of issue is usually addressed by over the air firmware updates you wouldn’t expect the vehicle to be held up for that. If it affects all 24’s and they did that they would soon run out of parking spaces.