MY21C8

Regular
You're a Regular You're Celebrated You're Liked Hot Chilli
Nov 19, 2020
VetteCoins
Since I’m about 8 to 100 years away from getting an allocation for the Z06, I’m wondering if the Z07 package is a must tick option. I didn’t think twice about ticking the box for the Z51 package, but I’m not sure about the Z07 package. Is it a must tick option? I don’t think I’ve every seen a C7 Z06 without the Z07 package.

Not that I’m a follower, but where is everyone going?

• Haha
Reactions: vinny's vette
Since I’m about 8 to 100 years away from getting an allocation for the Z06, I’m wondering if the Z07 package is a must tick option. I didn’t think twice about ticking the box for the Z51 package, but I’m not sure about the Z07 package. Is it a must tick option? I don’t think I’ve every seen a C7 Z06 without the Z07 package.

The choice, as usual, is strictly based upon personal preference, expected use of the car and how fat your wallet is. See my post here for my "best guesstimates" about the new C8 Z06 pricing, including the extra goodies such as the Z07 package and carbon fiber wheels:

If money is no object, I'd consider the Z07 package if:

-you HAVE to have the carbon fiber wheels: you dream about them; lust after them and have watched and re-watched and re-re-watched all the YouTube videos about them. They're only available with the Z07 package; period. You save 41 lbs in unsprung weight, supposedly get a better "feel" from the wheels and road, or perhaps you simply want "the best" and plan to enter car shows where everyone can "ohhh and ahhh" over your C8 Z06 Z07 with its optioned to the max visible carbon fiber wheels and the distinctive "LOOK" they give your car;
-you're a +++ serious "track rat" and want to improve your times and ability to squash the competition...so (for example) you'll put carbon fiber rims to good use and take advantage of the 1 to 2 (?) seconds (as per Tadge Juechter) you'll shave off your lap times. Plus you'll need the Z07 package for its extra strakes on the underside of the car to improve aerodynamics (this again is only available with the actual Z07 package)
-the third difference is the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R ZP tires...although those will no doubt be available later

GM knows what it's doing and made the above 3 differences only for those who up their game, open the vault, and order the Z07 package. Can everyone say "P-R-O-F-I-T"?? (lol)

OR you can "make do" and be satisfied with the Z06 "as-is" w/o spending all that extra dough or order one with the optional aero package to make it look like a Z07... I suspect that many will do those and be perfectly happy with their Z06's. Up to you...

And then again, if you're truly "8 to 100 years" from getting your Z06 allocation, I suspect you'll know in the next couple of years what everyone has ordered...or perhaps by the time you get your allocation (who knows???) GM will make the carbon fiber rims an option for everyone who orders a Z06...or E-Ray...or ZR1...or Zora...or C9...or perhaps they'll be as common as pebbles on the beach with all vehicle manufacturers making them and BORING and we'll be onto something completely new, improved and exciting in future years (????).

Some say the future is only limited by our imagination...

I'm on the list for a Z06 in my lifetime (lol, :)) and considering the suspension is 15% firmer than the standard Z06 and considering that car is even firmer than a stock Z51 C8, I'd be worried about how that car will feel on our roads. Plus is comes with Cup 2s which are hockey pucks spring and fall so it limits your useful months.

If you can spec Carbon Ceramic brakes and wing separately then I may go that route without the carbon wheels and stiffer suspension. Having tracked the Z51 C8 I'm quite sure the "base" Z06 will be amazing.

Reactions: Dik and MY21C8
“I'm quite sure the "base" Z06 will be amazing.”
If I’m lucky enough to purchase one, I’ll probably go with a 3LZ Z06. This will do just fine on the back roads of Ontario. The Z07 package appears to be for someone who would track the car often. I rarely track my cars. Having said that, I’ll probably click the box. Good luck to everyone here on getting an allocation in a short time period. It would be nice to see one this coming summer/fall. I’m hoping for a 2024 allocation.

“I'm quite sure the "base" Z06 will be amazing.”
If I’m lucky enough to purchase one, I’ll probably go with a 3LZ Z06. This will do just fine on the back roads of Ontario. The Z07 package appears to be for someone who would track the car often. I rarely track my cars. Having said that, I’ll probably click the box. Good luck to everyone here on getting an allocation in a short time period. It would be nice to see one this coming summer/fall. I’m hoping for a 2024 allocation.

John from what Harlan has said only the 3LZ gets the carbon fibre steering wheel, I’m getting mixed reviews if that’s a good thing. It may look cool with Level 2 CF interior but day to day the feel of the wheel and functions might be less desirable

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
John from what Harlan has said only the 3LZ gets the carbon fibre steering wheel, I’m getting mixed reviews if that’s a good thing. It may look cool with Level 2 CF interior but day to day the feel of the wheel and functions might be less desirable

According to the visualizer, the 3LZ CF steering wheel has all the same controls and the same leather on both sides of the steering wheel (where you normally put your hands), as the 1LZ/2LZ. The difference is the CF top/bottom of the steering wheel. I suppose it may feel weird when ++ turning the wheel and going from the "soft" leather to the "hard" CF, especially at the edges where it changes from leather to CF. Having said that, I love the look so expect I'll be getting the 3LZ to get that steering wheel along with the other 3 upgrades. I'm also looking to create a different car from my Stingray, which had the 2LT trim. Each to his/her own...

According to the visualizer, the 3LZ CF steering wheel has all the same controls and the same leather on both sides of the steering wheel (where you normally put your hands), as the 1LZ/2LZ. The difference is the CF top/bottom of the steering wheel. I suppose it may feel weird when ++ turning the wheel and going from the "soft" leather to the "hard" CF, especially at the edges where it changes from leather to CF. Having said that, I love the look so expect I'll be getting the 3LZ to get that steering wheel along with the other 3 upgrades. I'm also looking to create a different car from my Stingray, which had the 2LT trim. Each to his/her own...

I’m on my second C8, and first on my dealer list for a Z06, I went for a 1LT coupe then took the profit to go to a 2LT vert both in orange though different shades. I’m thinking also to go all out on the Z , loaded with CF wheels just debating if it’s time to get a different colour , maybe some limited 70th anniversary

• Wow
Reactions: CamsC8

Same as me lol

Meh. I'm on the fence. I think it'll come down to a balance of cost and ride quality. Yes, I put my cars on the track, but I am not chasing tenths off my lap times, and Z06 in base form is likely more than capable. Also, I'm usually pitting or doing a cool down lap after 4 or 5 hard ones.

I've had the option to go carbon brakes on my previous Porsches, but never ponied up the $10K. Steel has always worked well for my needs.

What I don't want to get stuck with is ride quality that is so aggressive, it makes it an annoyance to drive is the other 95% of the time on the street.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.