It's interesting to go back 4 months, a year, and 3 years or more in time and view the price projection posts from members. Even ignoring the luxury tax, very few were even in the ballpark for any of the C8 models. Unfortunate for those who dreamed of one then and now realize their pockets full of disposable income are not near deep enough.
the lux tax was definitely a curveball

this might seem like a dumb question, but why is there a tracking sheet for the Z06 when Canada will barely receive any?? Tracking the Stingray would seem more beneficial for the majority of the followers? :)

I nominate butsy as Official C8 Tracker dude. All in favour...

• Haha
Reactions: butsy
the lux tax was definitely a curveball
Who expects to not pay the Luxury tax? If you have a bona fide bill of sale indicating a purchase commitment before Jan. 1, 2022 the Government of Canada website states"
The luxury tax will not apply to the sale of a subject vehicle priced above the price threshold where a purchaser and a vendor have entered into a written agreement for the sale of the subject vehicle before 2022 in the course of the vendor’s business of selling subject vehicles."

Who expects to not pay the Luxury tax? If you have a bona fide bill of sale indicating a purchase commitment before Jan. 1, 2022 the Government of Canada website states"
The luxury tax will not apply to the sale of a subject vehicle priced above the price threshold where a purchaser and a vendor have entered into a written agreement for the sale of the subject vehicle before 2022 in the course of the vendor’s business of selling subject vehicles."
I believe it has to show pricing of the said vehicle.

I believe it has to show pricing of the said vehicle.
I can't find any more information from the Canadian Government, other than what is on the Canada website, as to any restrictions other than what I quoted. I Google searched it and found opinions from accounting firms as to how they think it would be applied but no regulations. Any other reference information you can provide from the government would be appreciated. I hope to not pay the tax as my bill of sale is dated prior to Jan. 1, 2022 and I would like to be able to have supporting documentation so the dealer won't charge me. The dealer will likely want to charge me as this is the easy way to deal with it - charge me and pass it along without having to explain any further to government collectors.

I can't find any more information from the Canadian Government, other than what is on the Canada website, as to any restrictions other than what I quoted. I Google searched it and found opinions from accounting firms as to how they think it would be applied but no regulations. Any other reference information you can provide from the government would be appreciated. I hope to not pay the tax as my bill of sale is dated prior to Jan. 1, 2022 and I would like to be able to have supporting documentation so the dealer won't charge me. The dealer will likely want to charge me as this is the easy way to deal with it - charge me and pass it along without having to explain any further to government collectors.

The luxury tax is still relatively new and it takes time to work out the correct interpretation of any "grey areas": from the government responding to complaints/enquiries and issuing interpretation bulletins or people challenging it in tax court, resulting in a decision that's then used for guidance. Until then, accountants can speculate (most likely correctly, given their background/experience) but dealerships will err on the side of caution and collect the tax, knowing if they don't but should have, they'll then be on the hook for it.

The luxury tax is still relatively new and it takes time to work out the correct interpretation of any "grey areas": from the government responding to complaints/enquiries and issuing interpretation bulletins or people challenging it in tax court, resulting in a decision that's then used for guidance. Until then, accountants can speculate (most likely correctly, given their background/experience) but dealerships will err on the side of caution and collect the tax, knowing if they don't but should have, they'll then be on the hook for it.
There is very little guidance in any government decisions......

Here's the information I have as of last week - three new cars added:

CDN Z06 1.jpg

CDN Z06 2.jpg

Okie Dokie...a few more Canadian Cars appearing this week. I have now stopped tracking the US cars as I don't care to be honest and Smithers website www.C8tracker.com compiles it all anyway. So, here are the stats customized with overall percentages that reflect the Canadian market.

Congrats on @TreVette build which is now appearing and the ONLY 1LZ I can find to date. Great build btw...

Wilson-Niblett leads the charge on allocations I believe...still don't have all the pre-1000 VIN range cars identified so there could be more out there.

AND! Canada has received a way higher percentage of Z07 equipped cars (based on orders built/allocations given) than the US!

CDN Z06 1.jpg

CDN Z06 2.jpg

CDN Z06 3.jpg

Okie Dokie...a few more Canadian Cars appearing this week. I have now stopped tracking the US cars as I don't care to be honest and Smithers website www.C8tracker.com compiles it all anyway. So, here are the stats customized with overall percentages that reflect the Canadian market.

Congrats on @TreVette build which is now appearing and the ONLY 1LZ I can find to date. Great build btw...

Wilson-Niblett leads the charge on allocations I believe...still don't have all the pre-1000 VIN range cars identified so there could be more out there.

AND! Canada has received a way higher percentage of Z07 equipped cars (based on orders built/allocations given) than the US!

View attachment 108364
View attachment 108365
View attachment 108366
Wow! Look at all those Z07’s!!

View attachment 108364
View attachment 108365
View attachment 108366
I think this car is missing from your list? I recall it's car 218?

Happy Weekend folks!

Hopefully the Oilers and Leafs close out their respective series tonight...

A few earlier cars have appeared on the tracker and we now have our first 1LZ Z07 car in Canada. One more 70th Anniversary Z06 has appeared as well. Z07 packages remain at 44% of supplied cars...very high and surprising.

Cheapest car is $134k and most expensive a whopping $226k!

CDN Z06 1.jpg

CDN Z06 2.jpg

CDN Z06 3.jpg

CDN 70th Z06.jpg

The 'spread' between the cheapest and most expensive is huge.
Lots of toys, I suppose.

When I told my Wife of my purchase plans, I threw out the number $250,000.00 by the time we see it in the driveway.
My thinking was that this would be ultra-conservative, but perhaps not so much.
"Whatever.", was her response, "You can't take it with you."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.