66nov

I'm New Here
Nov 25, 2014
Kamloops B.C
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06 LZ3 A8
Got on the bandwagon Jan 14 and found a dealer that would be getting a Z06 allocation.Talked on the phone with a salesman about selling over MSRP and he told me their dealership doesn't do that.They did get a allocation and it's mine.
My original salesman doesn't work their anymore and I guess now the rules change.Here's what they are saying now and it doesn't sit right with me.This is my first corvette.Is this what dealers do? Hello John,

I was able to put a build together for you on the Z06 with the options
we discussed you desired. In the attachment is a copy of the build I did
that should reflect those options. I also have some information in the
attachment that goes through all the available options in case there is
something we missed. You will notice that we don't have pricing yet on
the unit in the system that lets us build the car. I have had to price
it out through another website that GM provides to us with their
introductory pricing which is subject to change. At this time the car
should come out at $108,550.00 with the options and trim level you
desire. That being said with the rarity of these cars and the fact we
are only getting one as well as the stipulations on the original deal we
wrote with you stating ( subject to pricing ) we will sell the car for
market value. If they are going for a higher price around the country
then there might be a dealer mark up charge added to the car. Please
have a look through the build and then get back to me with any questions
you have. We will also have to secure a larger non refundable deposit to
move forward with this order in your name which we can also discuss. I
look forward to hearing from you and please don't hesitate to call me or email me back.
Nothing like wanting a non refundable deposit on a vehicle they cant tell me the total cost of.I assumed on the contract the subject to pricing was that no one would know the price til it was announced.Don't want to lose this car but don't want to get ripped off.Any suggestions?

Honestly, I have no idea what to say other than I would be putting a coat of wax on my new Viper and depending on where and what the climate is getting it ready for winter.

Absolutely unbelievable. We bailed these people out? Please don't tell me GM has no control over their dealerships. I simply don't believe it.

Honestly, I have no idea what to say other than I would be putting a coat of wax on my new Viper and depending on where and what the climate is getting it ready for winter.

Absolutely unbelievable. We bailed these people out? Please don't tell me GM has no control over their dealerships. I simply don't believe it.

I hear you. That said, MSRP only means Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price

Got on the bandwagon Jan 14 and found a dealer that would be getting a Z06 allocation.Talked on the phone with a salesman about selling over MSRP and he told me their dealership doesn't do that.They did get a allocation and it's mine.
My original salesman doesn't work their anymore and I guess now the rules change.Here's what they are saying now and it doesn't sit right with me.This is my first corvette.Is this what dealers do? Hello John,

look forward to hearing from you and please don't hesitate to call me or email me back.
Nothing like wanting a non refundable deposit on a vehicle they cant tell me the total cost of.I assumed on the contract the subject to pricing was that no one would know the price til it was announced.Don't want to lose this car but don't want to get ripped off.Any suggestions?

When I purchase my 2015 in March 2014, the dealer did not know the pricing. I put down a deposit and had the dealer insert a clause in the agreement that it was subject to me approving the price, whatever that would be, otherwise I get my deposit back. The dealer shouldn't assume customers are ignorant and will lay down money not knowing the price and if not approved, will forfeit their deposit. Not a good way to do business. I thought all the pricing was out for the z06???

Your problem is that you should have worded the contract as "customer agrees to pay MSRP" not, "subject to pricing"....

While I find this kind of conduct by a dealer distasteful, they have it, you want it, I will leave you to do the math to determine how badly.

Posting is out for the Z06 and on this site in other threads. The GM Workbench/GM Global Connect will complete with pricing; I have recently received a pricing summary for mine from that.

Any suggestions?

Yes,

buy my 2009 ZR1 next spring and save $35,000 - I know a Corvette guy who hauls high end cars for dealerships here and can get it Delivered to you in kamloops - enclosed trailer.

I know a guy who paid $160,000 with GST for his 2010 ZR1 in Edmonton - sucks that people get hosed by dealerships when a car is in a real demand.

Brian

Send me details on your ZR1 as I know an interested party here. But why wait till Spring to unload it, I doubt you're driving it now?

I have ZERO respect for any dealer selling above MSRP, When I see a price on GM.COM and build my car I expect to not pay a penny more (hopefully less). I haven't looked closely at the GM website but I doubt anywhere it states dealer may sell for more based on demand & greed. I will never support any dealer selling above MSRP, I'd rather go without until things settle down. They are still refining the Z06 so I'm wondering if waiting a year or 2 will get an even better car?

I also feel it wouldn't be in GM's best interest in raising the price on the Z06 just because of a few reviews saying how great the car and that it beats out cars at twice the price.
To me that's a huge bragging statement, look we can compete with a world class sports cars and kick your ass doing it for half the price. Essentially the Stingray is a great bargain, perhaps if they raise the Z06 they'll do the same for the Stingray.

If I was GM I'd want my product in every driveway possible. Don't start raising the price just because, you reach a certain point where the competition cars look more attractive.
A close friend was considering a new Z, (full load Z07 equipped) but at the price he said he feels he would rather spend that amount now on new Jaguar F Type R at $123,000, plus now you have Porches, BMW's and so many others that start coming into play.

Also in my opinion taking a non refundable down payment before an etched in stone final price is agreed upon is nothing more than morally and unethical in practice. I could maybe see it if they weren't able to find a buyer at MSRP. That's only after if the car arrives and you back out. If you back out before the car is built and they offer the car to anyone else waiting in line and they find a buyer a full refund is in order. Okay I could maybe see a small pain in the ass hold back $300 to $500 max. A full refund gains respect and builds customer retention down the road.

Burn me once and I'll never come back and I'll make sure every person I knows hears about how you treated me. Social media can cost a car dealership hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales. What does it cost to say loose 3 C7 sales and daily driver sales from referrals I could bring a dealer. Over the last few years I've bought 2 new Corvettes (1 being my new C7) , 3 used vehicles, 4 pick up truck referrals and 6 more daily driver referrals, plus 3 Corvette referrals (1 being a C7). Plus my referrals have re bought from the dealer or made their own referrals going forward. Word of mouth is your best sales tool.

I'm in sales too and if I operated like this I wouldn't' have any customers left. Crap I even have to take back product after delivered and give a full refund.

GM doesn't want to risk putting on a second shift for fear sales tail off in a year or so. So, they are playing buyers like a cheap fiddle to maximize the profit on what they do sell. I'd be walking before I would let them yank my chain that much. I guess a Corvette isn't that important to me. At the very least, I would be looking around for a different dealer who isn't a rape artist.

GM doesn't want to risk putting on a second shift for fear sales tail off in a year or so. So, they are playing buyers like a cheap fiddle to maximize the profit on what they do sell. I'd be walking before I would let them yank my chain that much. I guess a Corvette isn't that important to me. At the very least, I would be looking around for a different dealer who isn't a rape artist.

GM doesn't want to put a second shift on because it would be a stupid, short sighted business decision, that would cost them a fortune for very little if any gain... Two years from now, we would be reading about how the Corvette is in trouble because GM is laying off workers as sales will not sustain at the current level. Every manufacturer of a premium, small volume car runs into waiting lists when they release a successful redesign. No one cried for Ferrari to add workers to produce more Enzos... ;-)

GM produces a similar number of Corvettes for the world as Porsche does for 911, and Porsche doesn't seem to be expected to increase production for "waiting list" cars, no reason why GM should be different.

One thing that I have always enjoyed about this forum is the respect given to others opinions. I am not sure if that is what is happening here. The member quoted has a great deal of knowledge of the internal workings of General Motors and thus the reason for his opinion.

I accept your stand but not so much the wording. It has been all the C7 guys who largely have been upset with their treatment by representatives of General Motors who are trying to buy a car to support the brand. Yes the car is a good deal, yes it is in demand but what has taken place with a number of forum members simply is not right. I wonder in some cases if it is in fact illegal. We are fortunate that we have some really good sales reps on this site providing information and direction. Not everyone has the opportunity to deal with someone who is on the up and up. The whole ordering/buying process is a complicated guessing game and no matter how much I wanted the car it is a game I would not be involved in.

If General Motors does not realize that it is creating some negativity that would come as absolutely no surprise to me. Just my opinion.

Yes,

I know a guy who paid $160,000 with GST for his 2010 ZR1 in Edmonton - sucks that people get hosed by dealerships when a car is in a real demand.

Brian

Brian, nobody put a gun to that that buyers head so no dealer hosing. If I was the dealer I'd ask $200K and he'd probably pay being a brain surgeon with money to burn. Seriously though if nobody bought at MSRP it would drop in a hurry as it eventually will once the uforia ( is that how you spell it??) dwindles.

Look at the Corvetteforums posts from Kerbeck and others. They have like 60 MN7 Z06 coming and many available.......

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...88-kerbeck-z06-s-inbound-and-available-2.html

Patience.........

But I do like your Zr1!!!!

Last edited:
Brian, nobody put a gun to that that buyers head so no dealer hosing. If I was the dealer I'd ask $200K and he'd probably pay being a brain surgeon with money to burn. Seriously though if nobody bought at MSRP it would drop in a hurry as it eventually will once the uforia ( is that how you spell it??) dwindles.

Look at the Corvetteforums posts from Kerbeck and others. They have like 60 MN7 Z06 coming and many available.......

Kerbeck - Z06's Inbound and Available!! - Page 2 - Corvette Forum

Patience.........

But I do like your Zr1!!!!

No, no one did. I heard he had a 2009 ZR1 on order with this dealership and they screwed him out of the sale to sell it to a friend of the dealership. The ZR1 was rare back then here to buy and he paid the amount they wanted to get one.

The C7 Z06 will be the same up here. Tons of talk here about people not being happy with some dealerships.... it can and is happening again with the one poster in BC.

I love my ZR1 and would like to keep it but I am younger and thinking I should not have so much money tied up in a car I don't seem to have time to enjoy enough. I won't be trying a C7 Z06/07 unless I win a lotto and say maybe I should see how one is..... I think it will be a great car...

Some people have said keep my car as it is nicer looking then the newer one.... I agree. Performance wise it runs within a tenth in the quarter ( 12hp more but 200 lbs heavier ) and on a track I think i could keep up with one.... unless the Stig is driving.

thanks for the compliment on my car....

Brian

One thing that I have always enjoyed about this forum is the respect given to others opinions. I am not sure if that is what is happening here. The member quoted has a great deal of knowledge of the internal workings of General Motors and thus the reason for his opinion.

I accept your stand but not so much the wording. It has been all the C7 guys who largely have been upset with their treatment by representatives of General Motors who are trying to buy a car to support the brand. Yes the car is a good deal, yes it is in demand but what has taken place with a number of forum members simply is not right. I wonder in some cases if it is in fact illegal. We are fortunate that we have some really good sales reps on this site providing information and direction. Not everyone has the opportunity to deal with someone who is on the up and up. The whole ordering/buying process is a complicated guessing game and no matter how much I wanted the car it is a game I would not be involved in.

If General Motors does not realize that it is creating some negativity that would come as absolutely no surprise to me. Just my opinion.

Not sure who this is reference to?

The Corvette has never been marketed well in Canada. It is not considered a core product for the Canadian market and will never be treated as such. The whole allocation model is heavily skewed against the customer and it has made it difficult to purchase this car in Canada. Some dealers take advantage of this fact. In most cases you come out ahead if you purchase a used Corvette in the US and import it. This is especially true for something like the C7 Z06 which will be available used in the US very soon and at attractive prices.

After three years of driving it, we thoroughly enjoy our Corvette in every way. However, I'll be damned if I would kiss some dealer's ass just to get a Corvette. To me it is just bad business the way GM dealers are selling their cars. Then again, we walked out of two dealerships in mid conversation before finding a salesman that we could talk to when we bought a new Jimmy in 2005 and it wasn't even a high end vehicle. Zero pressure and amazingly, he was their top salesman. My old buddy Ray was a sales manager in a big dealership in Toronto and he shakes his head when I tell him what is going on. These are used car salesman tactics.

The bad part of this equation is that GM enables the dealers to do as they will. They are independent companies that can do as they please, and if you look at Sherwood in Edmonton, they are selling US models at 20-25K over. I scrambled to call EVERY Vette dealer in Ontario and, well, to this day the Z06 seems deemed to be a very limited Canadian edition. I have a Z06 allocation, at MSRP, and they even conceded to accept such things as the Coupon, Military Discount and any other discount offer that might normally be accepted for Vettes. In my case, the love of the chase has not only educated me very well, but also, provided a legacy for my car for years to come eheh. I had to laugh as last night I had a number of freiends over and started talking about the diversity in the 3 diff Vette Forums I am now on and I actually stated that these were my "support networks' while I wait. We all laughed very hard trying to figure out whether I was having a baby or shaking an addiction.

Guys the 2015 Z06 is shaping up to be the car that nobody wants. I truly believe GM has to make significant performance changes to the car or it will not be successful. There are a few reports on the other forum of new owners that are not happy with their purchase. I am sure others will follow or sell the car. It takes GM a while to get improvements into production. I am thinking that the 2017 Z06 may be the car to get. As it is for us Canadians that may be the first chance we get to order one anyways.

Guys the 2015 Z06 is shaping up to be the car that nobody wants. I truly believe GM has to make significant performance changes to the car or it will not be successful. There are a few reports on the other forum of new owners that are not happy with their purchase. I am sure others will follow or sell the car. It takes GM a while to get improvements into production. I am thinking that the 2017 Z06 may be the car to get. As it is for us Canadians that may be the first chance we get to order one anyways.

Not so sure about that?? I dropped in to my dealer and he said he has 1 allocation for a z06, its been sold and he has 5 deposits in case he gets more. Time will tell, but so far more people want it then cars are available.

Reports on any forums of owners not happy with their cars? Can you link them for me as all I can find are bashing threads and this I would be most interested in. The only thread that holds any validity that I have found is the thread on another forum ONLY open to validated purchasers and there are plenty of first hand reports from just plain car guys to those that truly run; every opinion is well beyond reproach on this car.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3576503-current-c7-z06-owners-only.html

It is a first year new car. If we honestly believe that there will not be some shaking out before the dust settles, get ready for it because even cars that have been popular for several years come off the line with inconsistencies.

Now if you are talking about GM Canada's treatment of Canadians wanting corvettes, that is a totally different matter and anyone close to the source knows their are drastically differing opinions between GM Canada and GM USA. The Corvette is the true American muscle car and, for all intents and purposes, GM USA intends on keeping it that way.... American.

For now though...let's form our opinion on authentic reports rather than those cowboys that decide they want to track their vehicle 3 days after it has been released, trying to explain how they broke it in already. I would LOVE to post these constructive links from true owners as there are a few of us here that have this years allocation and are very interested in every report. Several in Canada have allocations; just ask our site sponsor Owais who filled his allocation by posting right here on this site; took him almost 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.