GM Marketing has some talented people that know how to cater to pent up demand. Just because some of us poor Canadians are sitting there ready to throw down money to have the supposed latest and greatest does not automatically delegate it to being a fantastic product.

It's unfortunate how much negative publicity this car is getting considering the smell of the assembly plant hasn't even been washed off the cars yet.
I don't understand how the car can have so much "heat soak". However, all supercharged cars suffer from heat soak, but I have not heard about it affecting the ZR1 like the rumors make it sound for the Z06.
I'm not sure if there is a conservative ECU setting for the break in period. There might be as there is a listed "bread in" period for the first 1500 miles. But I'm not sure how it detunes the engine as Dyno results have shown 585rwhp and 616 rwtq right out of the gate. However, maybe as the car heats up, it detunes it and once it is broken in it will detune it differently when it heats up???
Not sure.
However, as stated, the car is in extremely limited supply. It is shown to make the full 650hp. It looks damn awesome. And the detune during heat soak may or may not be part of the break in process, I Don't know. Time will tell but my opinion is this will remain a highly sought after car for a long time.

RileyP - I think the issue is that GM promised that this Z06 was "the most capable track car ever". It can't make it around the track more than once without pulling timing. It also looks like the previous generation C6 can take it on. Its too bad they did not go with a normally aspirated engine like the C7R because all these heat soak issues would go away. I like the looks of this car but for the money I don't want to get a tune and void the warranty. A lot of others feel the same way. We are hoping GM takes notice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.