I wouldn't say all that. It's definitely a supposed message to the masses that the rich will pay. We know it's a spit in the ocean, but perhaps the masses don't. What percentage of the population can afford a car, let alone a $100,000 car? I've never seen a politician that doesn't pat themselves on the back more often than they change their underwear! LOL
Posturing at its finest. MP’s don’t pay luxury tax on their chauffeur driven limo’s I would guess.

Base price of Canadian C8 Stingray can reach $110,000 from the current $79,000

We already know that the 2024 Canadian price change was not a price "increase" for the product, but a "correction" to the USD to CAD exchange rate as $1 USD costs $1.35 CAD

Here is what I predict:
1. There is more exchange rate price corrections coming for 2024 model year as the exchange rate will get as bad as $1 USD to $1.40 CAD
2. A)When the UAW strike is over and they get a 25% pay increase in USA that will equal to 35% increase in Canadian price so C8 will see multiple price increases going forward.
B) Once UAW get their 25% increase, that will set precedent for 25% pay increases for parts manufactures and suppliers.
3. Currently, the used Canadian C8s are the cheapest they will ever be due to:
A) End of driving season
B) Record high 8% interest rates
C) Flippers dumping their "investments"
4. Global C8 Stingray production will decrease with start of E-Ray and Z06 production on Monday Oct 2nd and will never comeback to previous levels
5. Canadian allocations for 2024 C8 Stingrays will be the lowest of all past years.
6. the C8 will go down in history as the best sports car for the money.

In conclusion:
If you are happy with your C8, hold on to it for as long as you can.
If you want to get rid of your C8, wait until at least May/June 2024.
If you want to custom order a new C8, don't delay and order ASAP.
If you want a new C8 that is already on the lot, scour the entire country for available 2023 model.
If you want a used C8, don't delay and buy one ASAP.
Coffee used to be .25 cents a cup.

I saw a tv show, RPM in Quebec and they were reporting , dealers in Quebec are getting plenty of cars but instead of selling them here, they are selling them back to American dealerships for a faster profit. Some, up to 30%, of their vehicles, ordered ! No wonder our wait times have increased , so dramatically. They went and checked out ordered vehicles , compared to the ones registered here in Quebec and that is how they got these numbers and proof.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
I saw a tv show, RPM in Quebec and they were reporting , dealers in Quebec are getting plenty of cars but instead of selling them here, they are selling them back to American dealerships for a faster profit. Some, up to 30%, of their vehicles, ordered ! No wonder our wait times have increased , so dramatically. They went and checked out ordered vehicles , compared to the ones registered here in Quebec and that is how they got these numbers and proof.

Automobiles Paille probably has shipped 5000 cars to the USA in the last year.

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
Right on the money Dennis, FYI there is a great deal on a 2022 HTC 3lt with mag and lift for 118 at Searles in Ingersoll. A friend of mine picked up a brand new 2023 at Andersons in Woodstock that someone backed out of. They have another 2024 that another person backed out of because of the increase

They are insane to do that. The charge backs and forfieture of future alottment could bankrupt a dealership.
I do not get it either. Customers are getting pretty tired of waiting for their vehicles and now that they know this !!! I would not want to be a salesman.:Ack2:

I don’t truly how many brand cars are going across the border? The factory warranty is not valid in the USA until the car is 6 months old and has 12000kms on it.

GM watches this like a hawk. If there was a dealer blatantly shipping new units into the USA they would shut them down immediately.
Exactly what I said above!

I don’t truly how many brand cars are going across the border? The factory warranty is not valid in the USA until the car is 6 months old and has 12000kms on it.

GM watches this like a hawk. If there was a dealer blatantly shipping new units into the USA they would shut them down immediately.
Lots of foreign car makers, do it. Kia, Hyundai, Volkswagen, etc. , lots of F150 sold to the USA market.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.