GM and Ford vehicles are going across the border everyday. Heck, dealers will sell you a truck and tell you to come back in 6 months so they can cut you a cheque and put you in another one. Rinse and repeat. Manufacturers need to start voiding warranties if this happens. Huge part of the reason why our used car market is inflated.

GM and Ford vehicles are going across the border everyday. Heck, dealers will sell you a truck and tell you to come back in 6 months so they can cut you a cheque and put you in another one. Rinse and repeat. Manufacturers need to start voiding warranties if this happens. Huge part of the reason why our used car market is inflated.
They already do void warranties. There's a place near me that buys up as much as they can at the auctions to send mostly pickup trucks south. They are not a GM dealer or they would get shut down.

Porsche will be forcing new 911 S/T buyers to lease for a year to combat resales. Very limited car so won’t change the export landscape much.
So no purchasing only leasing will put an automatic lien on the car preventing it from being exported. Extra profit for them doing that.

Base price of Canadian C8 Stingray can reach $110,000 from the current $79,000

We already know that the 2024 Canadian price change was not a price "increase" for the product, but a "correction" to the USD to CAD exchange rate as $1 USD costs $1.35 CAD

Here is what I predict:
1. There is more exchange rate price corrections coming for 2024 model year as the exchange rate will get as bad as $1 USD to $1.40 CAD
2. A)When the UAW strike is over and they get a 25% pay increase in USA that will equal to 35% increase in Canadian price so C8 will see multiple price increases going forward.
B) Once UAW get their 25% increase, that will set precedent for 25% pay increases for parts manufactures and suppliers.
3. Currently, the used Canadian C8s are the cheapest they will ever be due to:
A) End of driving season
B) Record high 8% interest rates
C) Flippers dumping their "investments"
4. Global C8 Stingray production will decrease with start of E-Ray and Z06 production on Monday Oct 2nd and will never comeback to previous levels
5. Canadian allocations for 2024 C8 Stingrays will be the lowest of all past years.
6. the C8 will go down in history as the best sports car for the money.

In conclusion:
If you are happy with your C8, hold on to it for as long as you can.
If you want to get rid of your C8, wait until at least May/June 2024.
If you want to custom order a new C8, don't delay and order ASAP.
If you want a new C8 that is already on the lot, scour the entire country for available 2023 model.
If you want a used C8, don't delay and buy one ASAP.
Great post !

Luxury Tax is what some of us will have to factoring in our car purchases. Btw, I think the Aussies pay up ward of 30% for Luxury Tax on vehicles?

As desirable as the Eray is, it may have just drifted too far over $100k for me and further away with each passing years. Oh well.

Looking at something closer in the $100k range. Maybe an SR or a fast EVs even will be on my list instead especially that ioniq 5 N GT. So what if it is not a 2 seaters.

Last edited:
Luxury Tax is what some of us will have to factoring in our car purchases. Btw, I think the Aussies pay up ward of 30% for Luxury Tax on vehicles?

As desirable as the Eray is, it may have just drifted too far over $100k for me and further away with each passing years. Oh well.

Looking at something closer in the $100k range. Maybe an SR or a fast EVs even will be on my list instead especially that ioniq 5 N GT. So what if it is not a 2 seaters.
My local Corvette club voted at the October meeting on Wednesday evening that all of those that buy the new Corvette SUV will happily be accepted as members to our club if that is on your list of consideration.

My local Corvette club voted at the October meeting on Wednesday evening that all of those that buy the new Corvette SUV will happily be accepted as members to our club if that is on your list of consideration.
i hate the fact that it required a vote.... all corvettes should be welcome

:) :Biggrin: Thanks for the consideration.

Really, I am not buying a vehicle to be accepted in a certain club or a symbol of wealth or any status. It is all about if it put a smile on my face when I smashes the Gas/Electric pedal :Biggrin: and it generate a lot of G forces in a turn.

Really, I am not buying a vehicle to be accepted in a certain club or a symbol of wealth or any status. It is all about if it put a smile on my face when I smashes the Gas/Electric pedal :Biggrin: and it generate a lot of G forces in a turn.
My friend was at Mosport yesterday driving Lyriq's if you want to try one of those.

EVs can be fun for sure but the sound of an ICE like that in the C8 would be missed —by me anyway

Reactions: Vanguard2001
There's one vital item you left out...

Lux Tax.

This tax has fundamentally changed how everyone will consider purchasing a new 2024. The price increase combined with the lux tax.......
I thought about getting on a list for an E-ray (or Z06), but the Luxury tax is a total non-starter for me. We're already paying more for everything due to supply chain issues which are made worse by having to add federal and provincial taxes and other adders such as user fees, levies, duties and surcharges.

I'll hang onto what I have and I will be happy.

Johnny Mac.

Not if you are driving this Ioniq N GT.
Padle shifting/dct and exhaust, hud, tach, etc.. just like an ICE. A good trade off for being fake but for the fun factor of an EV. For me anyway.

Come on C9 EV with all these features.. :)

Probably way over $100k msrp by that time?

Johnny Mac.

Padle shifting/dct and exhaust, hud, tach, etc.. just like an ICE. A good trade off for being fake but for the fun factor of an EV. For me anyway.

Probably way over $100k msrp by that time?

If you don't start talking about a Corvette, more specifically your Corvette, you better hit the trail or Jack's gonna rip you a new one!

Reactions: cdnz
Johnny Mac.

Probably way over $100k msrp by that time

hope you enjoy it , I will stick with what I feel is the car for me the C8…and when I go on a long cruise in my C8 I do not get range anxiety

Reactions: cdnz
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.