Featured Thread
As you all know, C8 buyers in the US get gift with purchase. They receive a speed shape model of the colour they ordered including their VIN number. So jealous we are not receiving, especially today when I find out they are shipping out HTC models. Come on GM Canada the small details matter! Wish you did this.

Last edited:
This is not to make light of any Canadian purchaser at all as they are all excluded from the "gift"...
I'm kinda thinking that GM might have had these plastic things originally made to have
US Dealerships purchase and put on display to promote the 2020 C8 colors and they all said ... nope.
So they needed to do something with them ... and brilliantly made them into
a gift. It's just how I see it from a shareholder point of view as I don't need to "thank" a buyer this way.
GM Canada does things quite differently - even with the brochures as not one
2020 C8 was coming here as a "dealer floor model" (I think). JMO
You're missing the point, have in the past purchased other vehicles and have recieved gifts. It's simply a nice gesture.

Dealer didn't even give me squat for my purchase. I've purchase less expensive cars in the past and the dealer always throws in a hat, keychain, even a nice travel bottle... but Wilson-Niblet gives you ZERO. Still waiting for my window sticker................

This is not to make light of any Canadian purchaser at all as they are all excluded from the "gift"...
I'm kinda thinking that GM might have had these plastic things originally made to have
US Dealerships purchase and put on display to promote the 2020 C8 colors and they all said ... nope.
So they needed to do something with them ... and brilliantly made them into
a gift. It's just how I see it from a shareholder point of view as I don't need to "thank" a buyer this way.
GM Canada does things quite differently - even with the brochures as not one
2020 C8 was coming here as a "dealer floor model" (I think). JMO
I have read that this type of gift was a program offered by other super car makers. Lambo had similar gift programs for their customers. I just think the Canadian distribution costs were too much for such a small market. As we paid less for our cars thanks to exchange rate, I won’t complain but would have liked one also.

Canada always gets the short end of the stick. LOL. Saw a picture of the models. Looks like a 3D printer creation. But still wouldn't mind having one for the garage. I have the perfect bare spot for it in my garage.
IMG_3437.JPG

Free front lift for every C8 owner!!! :)
I have to say, I love the front lift feature. My wife and I will drive up through Kleinberg regularly and there are multiple speed pumps on the main street. As long as I am below 40kms the car automatically lifts for each of them as I added them to memory.

Reactions: kerry4
I have to say, I love the front lift feature. My wife and I will drive up through Kleinberg regularly and there are multiple speed pumps on the main street. As long as I am below 40kms the car automatically lifts for each of them as I added them to memory.
This works too.
1603284311394.png

I completely understand the upset for being excluded from the "gift".

I must think that super car gifts are from a much different market and pricing.
It has been known since the get-go that this GM mid-engine Corvette was price
sensitive (even announced as such) and no doubt a few of our C8 buyers would only be saying ...
"keep the gift and take the cost of it off the price of my mid-engine Corvette".

But yes ... this has the feeling like a Christmas Bonus is only being handed out to only part of the office staff.
GM leaves the "bonuses" to the dealerships here as even a brochure comes out of dealership overhead.
You don't need to purchase supercars to receive a gift, over the years for example,15+ years ago I received the original Xbox when I leased a Mazda3. Lexus has given me gifts in the mail after purchase. All lower priced than the C8 and below MRSP. It's amusing how you defend GM in this regard.

Reactions: ABC
You don't need to purchase supercars to receive a gift, over the years for example,15+ years ago I received the original Xbox when I leased a Mazda3. Lexus has given me gifts in the mail after purchase. All lower priced than the C8 and below MRSP. It's amusing how you defend GM in this regard.
Incentive programs, swag, etc. whatever you want to call them are nothing new in the auto sector. I am not defending GM. I actually am critical of GM Canada in their handling of the C8 program from the get go here in Canada. We had no roadshow events to showcase the cars. We had no brochures. and no gift program that is displayed all the time on social media in the US. It certainly perpetuates the second class status. My wife and I travelled to Van Bortels to see the car in person last year. Had to order printed brochures from the NCM. So not happy with GM but acknowledge that the hot car supply demand issue that was clearly present allowed them not to work hard to book orders on a car in such demand. We Canadians did pay less than Americans for the same car given the exchange rates. So I will take that.

Incentive programs, swag, etc. whatever you want to call them are nothing new in the auto sector. I am not defending GM. I actually am critical of GM Canada in their handling of the C8 program from the get go here in Canada. We had no roadshow events to showcase the cars. We had no brochures. and no gift program that is displayed all the time on social media in the US. It certainly perpetuates the second class status. My wife and I travelled to Van Bortels to see the car in person last year. Had to order printed brochures from the NCM. So not happy with GM but acknowledge that the hot car supply demand issue that was clearly present allowed them not to work hard to book orders on a car in such demand. We Canadians did pay less than Americans for the same car given the exchange rates. So I will take that.
Perhaps it would be different if the Canadian C8 pricing was inline with the actual exchange rates? I dont think so, that's how GM seems to operate above the 49th parallel.

Marketing 101, building the brand.

Reactions: ABC
Amused as you may be, you are misunderstanding that it is just my opinion and not defending ...
as it could be just as amusing with my empathizing in the same message with the Canadian buyers not getting this plastic gizmo.
Established and Disclosed pre-sale add-ons would have been buried into the deal.
What can be considered amusing (in the example provided) is the fish that scurry for the "x-box" hook
and the Dealer reply to the Buyer who doesn't want the bait and asks
"can you take the price of that x-box off my purchase"?
(all of which is done before agreeing to the purchase - which is not the same point in the sale as with the presold C8 gifts)
Sorry it's just Business and again, Sorry for not being included in the plastic gizmos.
and ... JMO
Some people just don't get it! I can accept that, simply IMO😁

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.