Featured Thread
Dealers try and offset the price deduction (their reduced profit) on the vehicle sold by adding on these "admin. etc. fees", when discounting that vehicle's price. When getting full MSRP on the C8 so no discount and 100% of their profit, they have more incentive to waive these extra fees. Unless greed kicks in and they "want their cake and eat it too", so they insist not only on MSRP but also all the fees they typically try to tack on. If so, you should respectfully ask they change their mind and remind them that buyers have long memories and the C8 situation won't last forever. As well:

-my dealer told me that GM "gave him" $1,900 to use for any incentives when finalizing my deal. This was for a 2020 and I don't know if that's the same for a 2021. This is money that GM takes off its profit, to better smooth over the deal. A dealer, for example, could apply it to accessories or anything else at the time of purchase. I had my dealer apply 100% of that to the extended warranty cost. I now think I could have done better on that price, given the comments from others and what they had to pay for their extended warranties. And keep in mind that you can purchase an extended warranty anytime before the expiry of the regular warranty period, from any GM dealer...so you have the chance to shop it around at a later date, to get your best price. But I suspect the dealer is given some "GM PR bucks" and that should rightfully come your way unless, again, you've got a really greedy dealer;
-my dealer's invoice included a $100 "air levy". I pointed out that the $100 A/C tax was already included in GM's MSRP and they claimed it was their error and quickly deleted that from the invoice. So watch your invoice and don't pay the $100 twice. Many people on the Forums mention seeing that extra $100 on their invoices so it appears to be common.

I've posted this info before on the Forums but thought it might deserve repeating, to help you out.

Last edited:
Dealers try and offset the price deduction (their reduced profit) on the vehicle sold by adding on these "admin. etc. fees", when discounting that vehicle's price. When getting full MSRP on the C8 so no discount and 100% of their profit, they have more incentive to waive these extra fees. Unless greed kicks in and they "want their cake and eat it too", so they insist not only on MSRP but also all the fees they typically try to tack on. If so, you should respectfully ask they change their mind and remind them that buyers have long memories and the C8 situation won't last forever. As well:

-my dealer told me that GM "gave him" $3,900 to use for any incentives when finalizing my deal. This was for a 2020 and I don't know if that's the same for a 2021. This is money that GM takes off its profit, to better smooth over the deal. A dealer, for example, could apply it to accessories or anything else at the time of purchase. I had my dealer apply 100% of that to the extended warranty cost. I now think I could have done better on that price, given the comments from others and what they had to pay for their extended warranties. And keep in mind that you can purchase an extended warranty anytime before the expiry of the regular warranty period, from any GM dealer...so you have the chance to shop it around at a later date, to get your best price. But I suspect the dealer is given some "GM PR bucks" and that should rightfully come your way unless, again, you've got a really greedy dealer;
-my dealer's invoice included a $100 "air levy". I pointed out that the $100 A/C tax was already included in GM's MSRP and they claimed it was their error and quickly deleted that from the invoice. So watch your invoice and don't pay the $100 twice. Many people on the Forums mention seeing that extra $100 on their invoices so it appears to be common.

I've posted this info before on the Forums but thought it might deserve repeating, to help you out.
Amazing advice... good point on the air tax thingy...

mind you I’m on Ontario... so hopefully it will work :)

Amazing advice... good point on the air tax thingy...

mind you I’m on Ontario... so hopefully it will work :)

Sorry but I need to correct my earlier comment about the funds that GM "gave" the dealer to smooth out the C8 purchase. I was way out of whack at $3,900. I've looked back at my earlier emails and it was $1,900. I hope this didn't cause anyone problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.