Two Corvette C7's in Unheated storage
Battery maintainers plugged in full time
Fuel not at "full" nor at "empty" (ethanol-free premium fuel)
Cleaned & Covered
Tire Rubber separated from the (unheated) concrete floor by 2x2 basement sub-floor panels from Home Depot (real simple solution)
Insurance put on furlough with storage endorsement needs only.
Start-ups during YYC Winter Chinooks.
Driving my daily drivers - no need for the additional defensive driving with the Winter Rubber-neckers.

This can be found in the Winter Storage Threads throughout this Forum as I do not see the C8 requiring anything unique. JMO
I've got a friend's vehicle in similar storage as well with it's own dynamics as Winter Driving means Rust to a 1999 H1 Hummer.

Last edited:
Just this.

Extended Storage: It is
recommended that the battery
maintainer package be used.
However, if not, remove the black,
negative (−) cable from the battery.
All vehicle memory settings will
need to be reset when battery
power is restored.

Vehicle Storage
Tires age when stored normally
mounted on a parked vehicle. Park
a vehicle that will be stored for at
least a month in a cool, dry, clean
area away from direct sunlight to
slow aging. This area should be free
of grease, gasoline, or other
substances that can deteriorate
rubber.
Parking for an extended period can
cause flat spots on the tires that
may result in vibrations while
driving. When storing a vehicle for
at least a month, remove the tires or
raise the vehicle to reduce the
weight from the tires

My friend with a 2019 Grand Sport has run flat tires and since he doesn't have a heated garage is taking the tires into the house. It's not good to let them go below freezing. Has a nice lift for the car though. My garage is heated so just plugging in the battery tender and letting it hibernate for the winter. Might add some fuel stabilizer.

Reactions: Bucketoy
I like SN-III idea. I'll be using that for sure... thanks 👍.
Hi and thx for the confidence as I hope you can find a decent resolve.
It's a real simple solution just to separate the rubber from the
thermal mass of the concrete when frozen. No issues for me over 4 Winters.
Do not hesitate to PM me if you have anything specific to ask with what I mentioned.

Reactions: Bucketoy
My friend with a 2019 Grand Sport has run flat tires and since he doesn't have a heated garage is taking the tires into the house. It's not good to let them go below freezing. Has a nice lift for the car though. My garage is heated so just plugging in the battery tender and letting it hibernate for the winter. Might add some fuel stabilizer.
Stabilizer is a good idea. Especially if you run ethanol added fuel. Ethanol does some scary things in storage.

Stabilizer is a good idea. Especially if you run ethanol added fuel. Ethanol does some scary things in storage.
That's one reason why I just use 91 as opposed to 94. Here in Ontario it seems the stations with 94 (Petro-Canada) has a higher ethanol rating.

Reactions: Gilles27 and kerry4
That's one reason why I just use 91 as opposed to 94. Here in Ontario it seems the stations with 94 (Petro-Canada) has a higher ethanol rating.
Good to know. Thanks. I just figured higher was better in Octane. Guess not. Very few gas stations offer lower ethanal. I usually go to Petro Canada or Shell.

I was also not aware of that...
1603279512893.png

Reactions: kerry4
It's also about octane. If you want to stop detonation you must use higher octane. True, ethanol has some bad effects like it absorbs more moisture, but it burns hotter and cleaner than straight gasoline. Detonation can do a lot more harm to your engine than ethanol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread