Thanks. This is all good information. I have only been using Petro Canada's 94 Octane but I see that might not be the best for winter storage.

I have a Shell station near me? Maybe I'll make sure my tank is full of V Power NITRO+ Premium and add the appropriate amount of fuel stabilizer.

From Shells web site...

Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline helps keep your engine running like new* with:
  • Four levels of engine protection against gunk, wear, corrosion and friction
  • The highest octane of all Shell fuels at 91 octane
  • The highest concentration of the Shell Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System
  • Seven times the minimum amount of cleaning agents required by federal standard
  • 0% ethanol at every station in Canada

Screenshot_20201022-011823.jpg

Reactions: Bucketoy
In my C5 I also use Sea Foam in the gas tank, to ward off that ethenol stuffy stuff if no Shell station nearby etc.. And before i fill it up full before it hibernates, I drive it for about half an hour with the A/C on so as to have all rubber, gaskets get nice and lubed to keep the seals moist till wake up time in the spring or later...
Al...

The response helps .... however ...
Not sure of the source of the above (appears google) as "All-Canada" Shell V-Power 91 is not ethanol-free everywhere.
Example being the Flying-J Shell Station in South Calgary. One must check the pump if they want
ethanol-free fuel as it is suppose to be labelled "may contain ..." if it does. I have driven away from
3 Flying-J Shell Stations as a result and now avoid them. I have found all stand-alone Shell Stations have ethanol-free premium.
So I check the Pure Gas App mentioned in other sections and in the message above when I am on the road and
away from my normal fuel stops.

When I travel, I am also aware that if I cannot get ethanol-free at my stop, that I fuel up knowing it will be used
up until my next stop. So it's about ethanol-free fuel for storage ... which is what this thread is about.
Apologize for the side-tracking where-to-buy ethanol-free comment ... and on with the storage stuff

Last edited:
Thanks. This is all good information. I have only been using Petro Canada's 94 Octane but I see that might not be the best for winter storage.

I have a Shell station near me? Maybe I'll make sure my tank is full of V Power NITRO+ Premium and add the appropriate amount of fuel stabilizer.

From Shells web site...

Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline helps keep your engine running like new* with:
  • Four levels of engine protection against gunk, wear, corrosion and friction
  • The highest octane of all Shell fuels at 91 octane
  • The highest concentration of the Shell Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System
  • Seven times the minimum amount of cleaning agents required by federal standard
  • 0% ethanol at every station in Canada
You're right Bucketoy do not store with 94, you would think it's better because of higher octane rating.

Reactions: Bucketoy
Those of you who will jackup the car to save summer run flat tires or an extra set to race may want to consider this.
I`ll have a set of OEM basic wheels from my C8 by next Wed pm. No TPMS or center caps at a special CCF price.
See the buy/sell posts. 2 days later I`ll place ad on Kijji Ontario. DOES NOT INCLUDE TIRES.
wheels C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread