Nov 30, 2019
Wyoming Ontario
VetteCoins
Province
ON
It’s that time of year to start thinking about winter storage. I have never stored a car before since I got my C8 in April this year. Does anyone have any experience with using the accessory GM indoor cover on a C8 with a high wing spoiler? My dealership told me it wouldn’t fit. If not does anyone have any recommendations for a winter indoor cover?

It’s that time of year to start thinking about winter storage. I have never stored a car before since I got my C8 in April this year. Does anyone have any experience with using the accessory GM indoor cover on a C8 with a high wing spoiler? My dealership told me it wouldn’t fit. If not does anyone have any recommendations for a winter indoor cover?
I believe GM has one for the high wing, but any quality cover will work fine. I stopped covering my cars as I couldn't be bothered. What's a little dust.

I have an indoor cover that fits the high wing. I sold my C8 and will sell it to you at a good price. I can text you pictures. Text me at 416-708-4844

I was starting to think of same. I've had good experience with buying car covers from Costco online. They offer custom fit CoverKing Silverguard. I've had them for an Audi S5 Cab and Porsche Cayenne GTS and they both fit exceptionally well. Snug fit and right down to the lowest part of the wheels. Just looked them up - they go for $220 for the C8. Not sure about high wing though.

I previously bought a cheap cover off of Amazon for a BMX X5 in the past and would never do so again. Although they advertised custom fit, it wasn't close. Not snug at all, and barely covered the bumpers. Buyer beware.

Good quality covers are available through any of the Corvette Suppliers. I bought a CTC cheapie which was really just a big bag.
Smartened up and bought a custom fitted one from Corvette Central. Most of the sites have several levels and explain the pros and cons of each type of cover. Regardless get a custom fit one.

I never cover mine. Large garage: no kids etc. I have a new OEM from previous buy still in bag in cupboard in my house. Over $400.00.

Anybody ever order off of carcoversfactory.ca? They seem to have ones that fit the high wing as well as several to choose from for indoor and outdoor, just wondering if they are similar quality to the $400 Chevy OEM one?

Anybody ever order off of carcoversfactory.ca? They seem to have ones that fit the high wing as well as several to choose from for indoor and outdoor, just wondering if they are similar quality to the $400 Chevy OEM one?

Yes I bought one last winter and it is perfect $299 no tax no shipping. See some reviews on youtube.

Yes I bought one last winter and it is perfect $299 no tax no shipping. See some reviews on youtube.
Like your car. I will be ordering that color: HTC with black trident wheels and Z51 - loading her up - last corvette - LOL. Enjoy.
Thanks for the post even though I probably will not bother covering her up: plan on driving her all year as long as no snow or real crappy roads. ( we do not get much down by the ocean where I live - fingers crossed going forward.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Hi Vets1stvet,

I have a 2021 C8 with the high wing. The GM indoor cover will fit over the high rear wing and reach the bottom of the rear bumper.
Mike

Attachments

• C8 Cover 3.jpg
    C8 Cover 3.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 6
  • C8 cover 2.jpg
    C8 cover 2.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I bought the GM C8R cover for mine with High Wing and it fits nice, works well for winter storage.
I do not use it day to day, only for storage

Attachments

• 58B75E92-AC75-429C-A330-73A655A1925A.jpeg
    58B75E92-AC75-429C-A330-73A655A1925A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • F9A6F818-3C32-4117-91B7-01A673C61724.jpeg
    F9A6F818-3C32-4117-91B7-01A673C61724.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
carcoversfactory.ca has several covers:
View attachment 101082

Anyone tried the Satin edition? I'm looking to keep the dust off mostly, the car will be stored on a lift for the winter.
Or maybe the GM one is better? Twice the price though.
Indoor standard is all you need. In Fact C.T. sells one for $110

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.