Apr 3, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Waitlisted 2023 C8
Province
ON
I'm looking for some feedback from people who have had their HTC top wrapped (either clear PPF or a coloured wrap).

Was wondering if the heat in the engine bay has impacted the wrap when the top is in the down position. A follow on is anyone with a wrap who has also replaced the stock HTC engine bay cover with a transparent one (like AMT Custom offers). My understanding is that these transparent covers radiate more heat into the top storage area which would logically increase the possibility of an issue with a wrap.

I did a search and can't find this topic covered...apologies if I missed a related thread. Appreciate any thoughts / experiences...

I'm looking for some feedback from people who have had their HTC top wrapped (either clear PPF or a coloured wrap).

Was wondering if the heat in the engine bay has impacted the wrap when the top is in the down position. A follow on is anyone with a wrap who has also replaced the stock HTC engine bay cover with a transparent one (like AMT Custom offers). My understanding is that these transparent covers radiate more heat into the top storage area which would logically increase the possibility of an issue with a wrap.

I did a search and can't find this topic covered...apologies if I missed a related thread. Appreciate any thoughts / experiences...
I’ve had PPF installed on my htc top and also have the clear en bay cover. No issues at all, thus far! I don’t find the the clear cover generates much more heat than the stock cover. I did a fair amount of research before and I’m comfortable with the mods!

Attachments

• D1D90A4B-3311-46D6-96B3-50131AD71CA0.jpeg
    D1D90A4B-3311-46D6-96B3-50131AD71CA0.jpeg
    478.5 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Murray20c8
Super...what I wanted to hear! Where did you get your engine cover...very nice!
Thanks! I purchased the clear engine cover, red intake cover and oil separator from Paragon Performance.(paragonperf.com) it’s a pricey proposition! $600 us for the engine cover, $500 for the edge red intake cover and $160 for the oil sepredator. Plus duties and shipping ☹️All the best!

I have the roof of my HTC wrapped, BUT I do not have the clear engine cover (yet) but I do not see any kind of problem with it.
My roof is wrapped in the carbon flash (black) and when the car is parked in the sun with the top up, the roof is super hot to the touch, and no problems with the wrap.
I can’t imagine that the wrap would be any hotter when in the down position, from the heat of the motor.
That’s my thoughts anyway.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.