This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Winter Add Ons

You have been a bit busy..... nice look!

Reactions: ddgermann

These are weird fitting shoes but it could be my Neanderthal feet Mike. They were really tight width wise in the toe area and cramped the top of my feet. The 11s fit with no extra room. I actually could have went up another 1/2 size. Hope the damn things don’t get wet and shrink.

I actually did one of those DNA tests Michelle got me for Christmas and got the results yesterday. Apparently at least one of my ancestors was a Neanderthal who “romanced” a “modern” human.
Driving Corvettes was likely not on his mind.

yep Dakota Digital looked at them I have a blue led colored interior light close for now
clean up dash and wiring for next year.. 90% all working.. if I do it all now I cant hide in garage next year

I am pumped to see your dash at MITM. Heck I am thrilled to see your car period. I have never had a chance to look closely at a C1 Corvette.
I know you described it as a 15 footer for looking at when you found it but suspect this car will be amazing in a short time.

I have only had my car for 4 weeks but here are my changes: I put on a set of seat belt stay clips, (I found that the top of the driver seat belt would occasionally slide half out at the top) installed front and rear splash guards, have an infotainment shelf, stainless rear muffler filler panel, cup 2 tires off and ss Zp's on and of course the ever so controversial door handles. Next will be to wrap part of the hood as in the attached.

Attachments

• ct thispeg.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 40

I don't know whether to be terribly scared or laugh my a$$ off.....

Think I'll laugh....

I like all of the carbon fiber add on's you have listed Derek. Don't forget about the full LED marker lamps from Show Stopper Accessories. These are a MUST in my opinion!

I just ordered them Ziggy. Got something a bit different. Painted in black with LEDs behind. Lets see how these look and work.

Also ordered...

And some other stuff... A master blaster and foam gun. B

Black car...you know always washing it.

Ok time for an update on this post.
After 6 (yes 6) months of waiting and demanding my money back West Coast Corvette decided to ship me my stuff. And almost all of it was the right stuff. Yay
The carbon fibre “Stingray” hood vent would not fit no matter how much I wished it would. Z06 one to replace it... “back ordered” for 6 weeks already.

Progress yesterday:

Side vents front

Front nostrils

Front splitter Canards

Blacked out marker lights. Very pleased with these. They are not OEM and custom painted in black to match the car. Full length LED that shows up well.

@wind restrictor with Jake Logo lit in red.
Got the mounting brackets in yesterday and now waiting for the 3M to cure. No holes and really good instructions. All the power options available with a dimmer and remote control. Shipped from Texas in a week or 2 This is a good company.

Cold air intake

Left to go: install set for Monday. Rear spoiler stage 3 full carbon fibre with Center wicker.

Still on the way: Not from West Coast Corvette.
4 carbon fibre rear vents
Corvette crossed flags emblems exposed carbon fibre front and rear.
Carbon fibre exhaust bezel
Hood vent!!!! Actually yes one from WCC and one from somewhere else. The race is on.
Exposed carbon fibre roof panel.
Black wheel lug nuts.
Carbon fibre wheel Center caps
Jake valve caps for the tires.
New pine tree air freshener carbon fibre (ok kidding).

Had 2/3s of the fleet in yesterday. The Hummer needs a service and a few odds and ends fixed up.

Last edited:
And a very merry Christmas to you !! Holy !! That’s quite the haul Derek.

And a very merry Christmas to you !! Holy !! That’s quite the haul Derek.

Thanks Mike,
The car is starting to look the way I want. I'm a little; ok a lot annoyed with the delivery time on this stuff as I wanted it all done long before MITM and CL.
Next year... looking at some performance stuff. Depending on the status and awesomeness of the C8...

@Paul C&

Here are the marker lights. Not cheap but high quality and perfect finish on the paint. They will paint to your exact factory Corvette body color which is selected in the checkout menu. Or you can leave them unpainted. You can also get the rear ones... which I forgot.

Would be a nice on your freshly renovated Z.
Oracle lights.

Reactions: turbozig
I’d like to black out my side marker lights as well. I think that looks pretty cool on a darker coloured car.

I’d like to black out my side marker lights as well. I think that look on a darker coloured car looks pretty cool.

Oracle likely has them for the C6 Mike. I first went with a tint on my factory ones but didn’t like it. Looked cheesy to me and a couple had a little wrinkle.

@MikeysZ06 and @Paul C&
They come in a smoked lens as well if you do not want to paint them.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Oracle likely has them for the C6 Mike. I first went with a tint on my factory ones but didn’t like it. Looked cheesy to me and a couple had a little wrinkle.
I’m considering giving @SN-III s tint/expel a call inquiring. I’ve seen the work he did on both his and Freda’s cars and it’s quite impressive. I don’t really want to add tinted lexan type stuff if I don’t have to. Jmo

OMG Derek … love those side markers … absolutely LOVE THEM
Equally impressive
(and I seem to remember you mentioning reflection before)
is our good friend enjoying two smokes at the same time
(that Corvette is a real Bay Boy making fun of its owner …)

Last edited:
Wow … those side markers are pricey … and I'm not sure which one would look best
on my 2016 Long Beach Red … Wife's 2017 Sterling Blue is easy (it would likely be best looking with clear - tail lights too)
I see they do Long Beach Red for mine but I'm not sure if the
effect would match like black does on @ddgermann "black on black on black on black on black with carbon fibre" ...
Curious if the black ones would do it for me too … be like the black smudge under the eyes of a defensive lineman
… this might take some time to decide …

Users who are viewing this thread