Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4.

Only winter tires that fit OEM wheels on my C6.

I actually intend on driving all winter. I live within walking distance of work and it's my only vehicle.

Only freaked me out a little bit. Till I read your follow up.
We had a guy on here who ran them on his C7 Z all winter 🥶 in Saskatchewan.
Said good things about the tires. Hates Me but oh well. “Never got all the black eyes being a nice guy” 🤣

Reactions: LE BARON
As Derek hasn't logged on since our little tiff in October, I expect he likely won't get the relay, but kudos for trying...
I actually posted to resurrect this thread as there was a message or other thread with someone asking about C7 add ons ...
and this thread has a few goodies and the ideas on the other thread were not being received very well at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Posting a friend’s C6 Winter add On project
that required due diligence of careful pre-planning
to make sure he allowed the right amount of time
that is needed for install - can only imagine what
the dealer installation cost might be ... 😂

View attachment 35620

0E93352D-85B9-41B8-8861-EEE3BD7F7091.jpeg

Installed

FBB84DB8-45BB-4895-A446-3479882EA163.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve started the passenger side front vent but decided not to rush it as I have Z51
with a dry sump, there is a lot in the way on the passenger side. Looking for online help
I can now see why a lot of the examples are of the easier drivers side ...
searching far and near for information for removing the passenger front vender vent
I managed to find one that I think best explains the strategy that will be required … it is going to be a beast.
Here is the link that I am using following for the passenger side body panel removal to access the vent fasteners
for dry sump equipped C7 Corvettes (Stingray, Grand Sport & Z06) … sorry it's from the other forum but info can be gold
and even this post (below) is not easy to find on the other forum … so I really hope it's OK here as I need it for reference
and trust anyone else doing something similar can benefit from this as well.

Sorry Sp. Our forum legality rules don't allow direct links to the other Corvette forums. You are welcome to copy and paste the info here, giving credit to the original poster, but I'll ask that you remove the link ASAP. Here's our forum rules. Thanks.

Sorry Sp. Our forum legality rules don't allow direct links to the other Corvette forums. You are welcome to copy and paste the info here, giving credit to the original poster, but I'll ask that you remove the link ASAP. Here's our forum rules. Thanks.

Like moderators cant just remove stuff.
Would rather just post for the public shame.
I’m not a plagiarist and why I
explained it is valuable and
Informative and with hope
of perhaps not being
why the rule is in place ...
Regardless ... I removed my s**t
and won't be adding to this post
with what would be written with loose ends
"found the method somewhere else".

Seen on other threads how that works out
when specifics and answers to riddles
are not immediately provided.

Last edited:
Like moderators cant just remove stuff.
Would rather just post for the public shame.
I’m not a plagiarist and why I
Explained it is valuable and
Informative not for perhaps
Why the rule is in place ...
I Removed my s**t and wont
Be Saying much more.

Whatever. Yeah. I could have burned it immediately with no response but as you had indicated you had trouble finding it, I thought I would give you the opportunity to save the link before myself or another mod removed it. Thanks for removing.

Whatever. Yeah. I could have burned it immediately with no response but as you had indicated you had trouble finding it, I thought I would give you the opportunity to save the link before myself or another mod removed it. Thanks for removing.
Sorry I can't understand "the forum compassion"
in the response that I got toward my intent of forum
goodness and value that has been represented
by an "ASAP" directive and then
a "Whatever. Yeah" follow-up.
So I take it as it is and will absorb the demerit.

Last edited:
Penalty is attached to very few things on this forum, is taken seriously, and is not levied without good reason. Many are not aware of the forum rules and direct links to other Corvette forums are unwittingly posted often, without penalty or demerits.

The 2020-2021 "Winter Add Ons" budget has been very tame after being all but slashed this season.
I researched and almost obligated for exposed real carbon fibre headlight inserts
until I looked into the procedure for installing them. I'd need a friend or two and a warm garage.
So due to covid-isolating, I am aborting the idea even though this would have been an absolute killer "add on".
c7insert.jpg

In the process of the above, I did find an exceptional exposed real carbon fibre license plate frame at will work with all
the sticker locations for the Alberta License Plate and not block anything other than the perimeter of the plate.
It took quite some time to finally find a quality and not-fake exposed carbon fibre frame.
I tried a rubberized type surround but after installing, it looked like junk - money wasted and now in the landfill.
I thought I had a good one from C-Mods but it ended up being plastic faux - money wasted and now in the landfill.
A sad an common experience with some Corvette accessory suppliers who stretch the truth in their online descriptive text.

I was able to buy exposed real carbon fibre covers for my AirPod Pros.
Matches what I obtained for my iPhone swag.
Does not affect wireless recharging.
Ya this is a definite Obsessive Corvette Disorder thing that would is a stretch outside the actual "Corvette Shell" ...
but whatever heh?

5D93D13D-872D-4353-9F1C-043B9227CAD9.jpeg

Last edited:
The 2020-2021 "Winter Add Ons" budget has been very tame after being all but slashed this season.
I researched and almost obligated for exposed real carbon fibre headlight inserts
until I looked into the procedure for installing them. I'd need a friend or two and a warm garage.
So due to covid-isolating, I am aborting the idea even though this would have been an absolute killer "add on".
View attachment 77355

In the process of the above, I did find an exceptional exposed real carbon fibre license plate frame at will work with all
the sticker locations for the Alberta License Plate and not block anything other than the perimeter of the plate.
It took quite some time to finally find a quality and not-fake exposed carbon fibre frame.
I tried a rubberized type surround but after installing, it looked like junk - money wasted and now in the landfill.
I thought I had a good one from C-Mods but it ended up being plastic faux - money wasted and now in the landfill.
A sad an common experience with some Corvette accessory suppliers who stretch the truth in their online descriptive text.

I was able to buy exposed real carbon fibre covers for my AirPod Pros.
Matches what I obtained for my iPhone swag.
Does not affect wireless recharging.
Ya this is a definite Obsessive Corvette Disorder thing that would is a stretch outside the actual "Corvette Shell" ...
but whatever heh?

View attachment 77353
If you need a warm garage, your always welcome at my place. For a day or a week.

• Winner
Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread