This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Why the high price increase? Lets look at the numbers...

The googler says:

The Tremec TR9080 is the sole transmission used by the C8—Stingray, Z06, or upcoming E-Ray. It's one of Tremec's first DCTs and the first dual-clutch unit used in any production Corvette.

Reactions: MKinOntario
You were very lucky getting lumped on a forktruck as a student!
The former OTP building is still in use. It's the OAP's body shop now.
I stuck it out from '73 to '96 in the OAP until early pensions were offered.
God, you're almost family, then.
I think it was because I was "always available for overtime", and it was summer, and vacations meant they were constantly shorthanded, so they brought me up to speed on tow motors and forklifts. The foreman just handed me the keys, told me which levers did what, and then said "unload that truck over there". It was on the job, seat of the pants, training. I did a lot of weekend shifts (Sat/Sun) and stayed late night/early morning until dawn, after production shut down. However, I did my share of manual unloading muffler-tailpipe beds, and other stuff that could be done manually, and that stuff was back breaking. Spent time in the tire room briefly, and the paint shop, in summer, and the heat was stifling. Used a little electronic depth gauge doodad to measure paint thickness, and then accept or reject them if out of spec. Can't recall all the things they had me do, but it was many.
I rarely had to go to OAP for anything, maybe once or twice over 3 summers. I recall it was darker (spookier) than OTP.

Last edited:
Reactions: AxeZ06
Excellent analysis and based on my conversations with senior automotive folks on both sides of the border I think your conclusions are dead on. It has amazed me for years how GM has managed the currency difference. I'm sure that there is significant hedging involved however, one has to pay for that too. Next question is how it will impact my trade in allowance if I decide to trade my 2022 2LT, HTC in on a 2024? Why would I do that, simply to move up two years and minimize the cost of depreciation. Sadly I'm sure the value of my 2022 is not going to increase anywhere near as much as the price is going up on the 2024. Ahh more first world problems.

I think the times of buying the same spec C8 as the one you already have and making a profit are coming to an end

Reactions: MKinOntario
60F here right now, and it has dropped into the 50F range overnight regularly during the summer months.
We've had our share of 80F days (sorry, I'm old school Farenheit) here near the Great Lakes this summer, but only a day or two. .

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
The Corvette is not alone in the price increase field…very car is costing much more and with the present supply chain issues I don’t there will be any relief in site. Maybe look at it this way before you buy the rowboat of your dreams to replace the C8…in 5-10 years today’s prices will seem like a complete steal!

Reactions: Murray20c8 and KTJF