I try to wave at all the Corvettes that I see (and catch in time).
My problem is that I'm usually driving my SUV.
They probably think I'm nuts.
Lol. I do the same whether I'm in my Vette or not as I often get waves and thumbs up from lots of non Corvettes and always wave back

If I'm towing my Wrangler with the motorhome, and wave to another oncoming Wrangler, does that count as an official Wrangler to Wrangler wave?

Reactions: Bunny hop
I usually flash my high beams and almost 100% of the time I get a wave back. The only time they haven't waved back was by one of the members on here. I get waves back from Chevelles, Lambos, Ferraris, you name it. Likely because I'm aggressive with my waves / high beam flash.

I wave at Lambos' and Ferraris' as well with a thumbs up and none ever wave back. I'm sure there's lots of "older the model" Corvettes that have experienced this as well and likely quit waving at the other exotics. Since the C8 looks more just like another snob exotic, older Corvette drivers likely don't even realize it's a Corvette until it's gone past them, if at all. I do recognize the C8, and wave to them, (mostly because I've seen 6,226 pictures of it here on the forum), but there are a lot of Corvette drivers out there that aren't exposed to a C8 picture every day. If I meet you on the road in my older model Corvette Denis, watch for my wave.. ;)

View attachment 113205
What car is that? Love the pearl paint and wheels ... very nice.

Back in the 60s & 70s I had a lot of british sport cars and everybody who had a sports car waved. Like motorcycles they all give each other thumbs up its a brotherhood. Back to C8s I got my 23 last Nov. after a a 20 moth wait best move I ever made. When I ordered it was supposed to be 21 but I ended up with a 23 but it cost me $ 9000.00 more then my original order after seeing the new 24 pricing I am a happy trooper.
I owned every generation except for a C7 for a good reason as I knew there was going to be a mid engine and am glad I waited , its a dream to drive best Vette ever in my opinion.

Buy a used C8 as someone suggested. If you want new I would recommend getting 2LT and foregoing the Z51 if the price is an issue. Unless you are planning on tracking, which, from your comparison to a fully loaded C7 as your other choice, I assume you’re not. The 2 LT gives you a lot more for daily living versus the Z51. And since you’re not a Corvette person, you won’t miss what you don’t have (to quote Murray).
I think the best bang for your C8 $ is to do what I did on my 2023. Forget the Z51 as Murray states. Unless you’re tracking the car it’s not needed. Non Z51 get you the all season tires. Everyone complains about the summer tires on a Z51. Non Z51 gets you coated rotors. They don’t rust like the Z51’s do. Non Z61 very little brake dust. Not like the Z51 rotors. People complains about excessive brake dust.
Forget 2LT. All you need is 1LT. You don’t need heated and air conditioning seats. You don’t need heads up display. You don’t need the extra 4 speakers. Etc etc. unless again you plane on driving it in the winter.
Forget the coupe. The money you save on 2LT get the convertible. This option get you the rearview mirror camera. That’s the only reason to get a 2LT as it comes with on the coupe. Yes you also get the PDR in the 2LT. The money you save NOT buying the 2LT, you can buy the Navigation system. PDR comes with the navigation system.
Must buy performance exhaust system, painted callipers and front and rear splitter pkg.I have never yet encountered where the front lift is a must. So don’t waste your money there either.
Half the s**t on this car I’ll never use. I set up my MY Mode. Drive it in manual to her the exhaust pop. And that’s all you need. You will have a beautiful car and you will never know the difference of you never had all the bells and whistles on a previous C8.
IMO

I find myself waving at Corvettes driving my daily drivers, can't help myself!

Reactions: MKinOntario
Back in the 60s & 70s I had a lot of british sport cars and everybody who had a sports car waved. Like motorcycles they all give each other thumbs up its a brotherhood. Back to C8s I got my 23 last Nov. after a a 20 moth wait best move I ever made. When I ordered it was supposed to be 21 but I ended up with a 23 but it cost me $ 9000.00 more then my original order after seeing the new 24 pricing I am a happy trooper.
I owned every generation except for a C7 for a good reason as I knew there was going to be a mid engine and am glad I waited , its a dream to drive best Vette ever in my opinion.
That's great to read Paul, I'm sure your 2023 is worth 9K more than your 2021 would be worth by now. You probably noticed a massive difference between your 2010 Grand Sport and the C8. I came to your Crown Vettes show and ran into a bunch of your members after the cruise and breakfast with Morgan up in Bayfield in July all while having an opportunity to upgrade my car which will be here by tomorrow, so I joined your club a few weeks ago and have paid for the BBQ coming up on the 2nd!
We won't have the same looking cars anymore with my change!
Scott

I think the best bang for your C8 $ is to do what I did on my 2023. Forget the Z51 as Murray states. Unless you’re tracking the car it’s not needed. Non Z51 get you the all season tires. Everyone complains about the summer tires on a Z51. Non Z51 gets you coated rotors. They don’t rust like the Z51’s do. Non Z61 very little brake dust. Not like the Z51 rotors. People complains about excessive brake dust.
Forget 2LT. All you need is 1LT. You don’t need heated and air conditioning seats. You don’t need heads up display. You don’t need the extra 4 speakers. Etc etc. unless again you plane on driving it in the winter.
Forget the coupe. The money you save on 2LT get the convertible. This option get you the rearview mirror camera. That’s the only reason to get a 2LT as it comes with on the coupe. Yes you also get the PDR in the 2LT. The money you save NOT buying the 2LT, you can buy the Navigation system. PDR comes with the navigation system.
Must buy performance exhaust system, painted callipers and front and rear splitter pkg.I have never yet encountered where the front lift is a must. So don’t waste your money there either.
Half the s**t on this car I’ll never use. I set up my MY Mode. Drive it in manual to her the exhaust pop. And that’s all you need. You will have a beautiful car and you will never know the difference of you never had all the bells and whistles on a previous C8.
IMO
Op, what's your real name? That's the great thing about this forum, lot's of different opinions and thoughts and if someone is on the crest of being able to get a car your thoughts are valid. There's over 14,000 different ways to order this car and if the recent price increase is the deciding factor your suggestions save more than enough.
The 2024's changes add more of the safety features that come with the 2LT package that were new to the C8 2LT package compared to the C7. Some of us on here, like myself, RC Mike and GM MUSL, have multiple sets of rims with both Z51 and all season tires to use on the track and the street. Did you see my thread about going to Ron Fellows back in June? I was wondering if you went there yet and what your thoughts are after driving the car on the track?

If I'm towing my Wrangler with the motorhome, and wave to another oncoming Wrangler, does that count as an official Wrangler to Wrangler wave?
Yes it does! Most people only notice similar vehicles to their own after they buy one. People notice Corvettes no matter what they drive.

Op, what's your real name? That's the great thing about this forum, lot's of different opinions and thoughts and if someone is on the crest of being able to get a car your thoughts are valid. There's over 14,000 different ways to order this car and if the recent price increase is the deciding factor your suggestions save more than enough.
The 2024's changes add more of the safety features that come with the 2LT package that were new to the C8 2LT package compared to the C7. Some of us on here, like myself, RC Mike and GM MUSL, have multiple sets of rims with both Z51 and all season tires to use on the track and the street. Did you see my thread about going to Ron Fellows back in June? I was wondering if you went there yet and what your thoughts are after driving the car on the track?
My name is David.
This is my 5th Vette. Left GM in 2012 for a Porsche Cayman S. That car was a go cart on steroids. Loved the mid engine. Then when the C8 can out, you just can’t beat the looks. I had to get back into the Vette scene. Only reason I sold my Cayman S was no convertible roof and was getting tired of the 6speed changing gears in the city all the time.
I’m not a speed demond anymore. I would like to go to the Ron Fellows school but think it’s not for me. I thought they spent a lot of time going over the features of the car and getting to know the car inside and out. But was told they spend more time racing around on the track. I THINK, haha, I already know the capabilities and how to drive a mid engine car.

My name is David.
This is my 5th Vette. Left GM in 2012 for a Porsche Cayman S. That car was a go cart on steroids. Loved the mid engine. Then when the C8 can out, you just can’t beat the looks. I had to get back into the Vette scene. Only reason I sold my Cayman S was no convertible roof and was getting tired of the 6speed changing gears in the city all the time.
I’m not a speed demond anymore. I would like to go to the Ron Fellows school but think it’s not for me. I thought they spent a lot of time going over the features of the car and getting to know the car inside and out. But was told they spend more time racing around on the track. I THINK, haha, I already know the capabilities and how to drive a mid engine car.

I'd love to know what the feel is like going from that Cayman S to the C8, besides the looks and one being a convertible, what was it like being able to drive both?

My name is David.
David, check out my recent thread called Ron Fellows Performance Driving School - Would you consider going? They do talk about some of the safety features of the car in the classroom sessions in between going out on the skid pad and the track getting you to experience all of the technology that's built into the car first hand.

I'd love to know what the feel is like going from that Cayman S to the C8, besides the looks and one being a convertible, what was it like being able to drive both?
I don’t have mush time behind the wheel of the C8. Spending too much time on the boat during the nice weather. And I don’t drive the car in the rain. Looks mainly. As for handling. I haven’t driven the Vette like the Cayman as I wanted to break in the car as GM recommends first. The Vette seems more comfortable. Smoother. Less road noise. More space age. More adapt features with the growing times. Love the paddles shifters.
Seats are more comfortable in the C8.
In 2012, in my opinion no Vette could compare to the mid engine Cayman. And would have stayed with Porsche if Corvette didn’t come with the mid engine. Love the truck and truck.
My last Bette was a 2003. The 50th anniversary burgandy with the shale roof and interior. After 50 years the 50th anniversary didn’t even have a second cup holder. What’s with that ? It’s a two seater car and only one cup holder lol.

David
I don’t have mush time behind the wheel of the C8. Spending too much time on the boat during the nice weather. And I don’t drive the car in the rain. Looks mainly. As for handling. I haven’t driven the Vette like the Cayman as I wanted to break in the car as GM recommends first. The Vette seems more comfortable. Smoother. Less road noise. More space age. More adapt features with the growing times. Love the paddles shifters.
Seats are more comfortable in the C8.
In 2012, in my opinion no Vette could compare to the mid engine Cayman. And would have stayed with Porsche if Corvette didn’t come with the mid engine. Love the truck and truck.
My last Bette was a 2003. The 50th anniversary burgandy with the shale roof and interior. After 50 years the 50th anniversary didn’t even have a second cup holder. What’s with that ? It’s a two seater car and only one cup holder lol.
David you can see in my signature I had the same car and it has come a long way since then and now has two cup holders for you. Get your car broken in, consider going to Ron Fellows or heading out on a track at some point and then update us on your comparison and thoughts.

IMO

Some of us drive the car year round so heated seats and a nice sound system is a must. The Z51 package is $7,495. By the time you add the exhaust and ground effects, you’re looking at $5,000 for the Z51 which is an absolute steal.

I’d never buy a Corvette without the performance package.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.