You're comparing apples to oranges.
The C8 is mid engine and the C7 is front engine.
You don't mention whether the C7 is a stick or not, but that's another consideration.
The 1LT C8 is bare bones while the Grandsport is loaded with options.
I never wanted a C7 and really wanted a mid engine car.
Buy a used C8 as someone suggested. If you want new I would recommend getting 2LT and foregoing the Z51 if the price is an issue. Unless you are planning on tracking, which, from your comparison to a fully loaded C7 as your other choice, I assume you’re not. The 2 LT gives you a lot more for daily living versus the Z51. And since you’re not a Corvette person, you won’t miss what you don’t have (to quote Murray).

Reactions: MKinOntario
Auto and I just want to know if the bare-bones C8 is worth $40,000 more than a fully loaded C7
They are totally different cars! There is only one part that is the same on both cars. Some want front engine cars and some want mid engine cars. It's a purely subjective question. One is a slush box transmission and one is a dual clutch transmission. The differences in the 2 cars are night and day.

• Winner
Reactions: MKinOntario
Yeah the original msrp was 102603
That is not the right question at hand in my opinion, what you should be asking yourself is with the current price increase that just happened, and the obvious shortfall of cars coming in the immediate future, and assuming you are paying cash? are you planning on keeping the car? then does it really matter what they are asking for it today. I would say if it is more within your price range as a slightly used 2022 with more options then a base car it is well within current market pricing - do a quick search on Trader how many are under 100k? I would say if it is within your budget rather then chat about it on a forum I would be making an appointment to go see the car and make the final decision at that time. What I honestly think is not a solution - when you are there and see the actual car - well then it will be obvious what is the right thing to do then!

That is not the right question at hand in my opinion, what you should be asking yourself is with the current price increase that just happened, and the obvious shortfall of cars coming in the immediate future, and assuming you are paying cash? are you planning on keeping the car? then does it really matter what they are asking for it today. I would say if it is more within your price range as a slightly used 2022 with more options then a base car it is well within current market pricing - do a quick search on Trader how many are under 100k? I would say if it is within your budget rather then chat about it on a forum I would be making an appointment to go see the car and make the final decision at that time. What I honestly think is not a solution - when you are there and see the actual car - well then it will be obvious what is the right thing to do then!
Yes you are right, I will go there and see the car in person on Monday, cause I have to work during weekend 😂

That is not the right question at hand in my opinion, what you should be asking yourself is with the current price increase that just happened, and the obvious shortfall of cars coming in the immediate future, and assuming you are paying cash? are you planning on keeping the car? then does it really matter what they are asking for it today. I would say if it is more within your price range as a slightly used 2022 with more options then a base car it is well within current market pricing - do a quick search on Trader how many are under 100k? I would say if it is within your budget rather than chat about it on a forum I would be making an appointment to go see the car and make the final decision at that time. What I honestly think is not a solution - when you are there and see the actual car - well then it will be obvious what is the right thing to do then!
Update, sold this afternoon.

Reactions: DenisC8
It does seem that way. It all happened so fast, and caught us all off guard, I'd say?
The scenario you describe could be GM "testing the waters" to see how well or poorly their surprise price increases will affect Canadian sales?
I'm trying to convince myself that some portion of the price increase is justified by the added new high-tech safety features, to some extent. Higher tech is not cheap, and that's been demonstrated in various industries on various products, phones, TVs, power tools, batteries, EVs.
So, used or new? The used prices are on the rise, for now, as predicted. Damn!
I think it comes down to whether you still want one of these toys now, today, or can you justify the price jump, but wait it out for a while?
Decisions, decisions.....what to do, what to do?

It's not really testing the waters when they know people at certain dealers are paying over msrp for new and used ones. People in Canada are fine to overpay been like that for years. If they find sales are slow for Canada for 2024 they will most likely reduce allocations and continue to give strong support to their primary USA market.

In USA the price went up $1800 for 2024 which is $2500 CAD. You could say this amount could be in relation to new standard features, so we are on the hook for $9,500 increase of total $12,000.

Used prices were primarily high due to limited availability, but It appears we will now be in a time where people will be getting their cars within 6-8 months as more allocations are given and potential less demand/cancellations due to the price hike. Gone are the 1.5-2 year wait. Only downside is 2024 doesn't really offer any significant changes where a person is willing to pay the 12k msrp jump for from previous years.

If someone wants new prices are what they are now. If you keep waiting they will just continue to rise. I've never seen prices of new vehicles go down. A loaded C8 now easily get into the 130k range with that kinda money you in a different category for vehicle shopping new and used. It really opens up your options and gets you second guessing whether 130k for a Chevy is worth it

If someone wants new prices are what they are now. If you keep waiting they will just continue to rise. I've never seen prices of new vehicles go down.
Well, there's Teslas, Mach-E, Lightning, to name a few. But yeah, not generally for 'regular' cars.

The sad thing that is with the discontinuing of the Camaro, there's now no GM performance car that is within the reach of an average person.

If the problem is flippers, I always thought a good solution from the manufacturer's perspective would be to only lease, not sell, the new vehicles. Set it up so that after the lease term is up, the customer can then buy the car for the same net cost as if they had bought it from day 1. That way GM would own the car for the lease period and could absolutely stop flips from happening. And there is a bit of precedent for this; the EV1 was only available as a lease back in 90s.

Well, there's Teslas, Mach-E, Lightning, to name a few. But yeah, not generally for 'regular' cars.

The sad thing that is with the discontinuing of the Camaro, there's now no GM performance car that is within the reach of an average person.
Perhaps no Chevrolet, but Cadillac has the CT4 V and CT5 V as well as the Blackwing editions which are performance cars. Maybe not muscle cars, but I would include them, especially the Blackwing, as performance. The CT4 V, CT4 V Blackwing and CT5 V are all under $100G.

So you get on a list. Assume today. Historically 18 months to get a car. That puts you into a 2025 model year. You are all assuming that this will be the only “big” price increase. Your 2025 allocation, if you get one, will include the 2024 increase plus the 2025 increase, whatever that may be. All in, a 2025 will likely be approximately $17k more than a similar 2023, assuming back to traditional increases. Another 2024 type price increase will have your 2025 at $25k over 2023 pricing.

Start picking pop cans from ditches.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I do not know if this will help, some , to live with the price increase but here goes. When I first ordered my C8 , I ordered a 1LT because I wanted the performance and outside look but not the extras. Then the wife said , at your age , should you not go with comforts? So then, went from 1LT to 2LT. Then came the HTC and I fell in love. So I talk with the wife , she said , go for it, it is your dream car. Now 2LT HTC, is it. Oh oh , now I am tired of the red color , so I go blue and keep red interior, more money. Finally I get my allocation and they say , you have to take Z51 or skip your turn!!! I talk to the wife , she says ok. After a 33 months wait, I place my official order and less than 2 months later, my C8 has arrived. So all this to say, my dream car went from 80,000$ to my paying 106,000$ before taxes. Thank GOD I had trade ins. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Cariboocreek
Honestly, if I was buying a sportscar today I would probably get the Nissan Z with manual transmission. Maybe not comparable to the C8, but at half the price, I am okay with that.
I owned a 350Z back when and I will never buy a Nissan again. It was a mechanical piece of garbage. I am sure it has improved but their bumper to bumper warranty was a lie. Only the bumpers were guarantied . for 3 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.