Gerry

I'm New Here
Nov 14, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette
Province
ON
Hey all I have a question regarding wheels for my 2007 base C6. Here is an issue
The front fenders are factory while the rear is a Z06 wide body.
Current set is - Front 18x18.5 +56 w/ 245/40ZR-18
Rear 19x10 +79 w/285/35ZR-19
I have to use 50.8 mm (2”) spacers on the rear because as you know, the Z06 rear wheel has a +59 offset.
My question is- Can I use my current tire - 285/35ZR-19 on the same size wheel…19x10 but with an offset of +59
The question seems silly because all that changes is the offset but I wonder if I will need a wider tire to have it sit in the wheel well the same.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9389.png
    IMG_9389.png
    494.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9391.png
    IMG_9391.png
    816.4 KB · Views: 0
C6 Z06 cars use rear 19x12" wide wheels with a +59 offset using a 325/30/19 tire.

A 19x10" +59 wheel will be far too recessed into the widebody rear 1/4 panels:

You need a +34 offset 19x10" wheel for the face of the wheel to be where a stock Z06 wheel will sit:

My advice, use 2 Z06 19x12" +59 wheels and it will look proper without spacers and all that crap.

BTW, I take it your front wheel is 18x8.5" instead of 18x18.5"?

That's one hell of a tire stretch.....................you win the world record!!!! LOL

Alright thanks for that.
It is doable but would I have to also change my front wheels from the18x8.5 to maybe a 18x10

Exactly! The +40 would stick way out so I need to maintain the +56.
I want to keep the same size at the front and only change the rear wheels but going with a 12 on the back and keeping the 8.5 up front will not work. Will it?

If you want the same tire size at the front as a C6 I don't think a 18x10" +56 wide wheel will work with regular C6 fenders. First your stock tire size won't mount on a 10" wide wheel, 2nd @ +56 on a 10" wide wheel it will poke out and stick in 2cm vs. the factory wheel. It won't look right with stock front C6 fenders.

If you want the 10" wide wheel face to sit where the factory C6 wheel sits you need a +75 offset but then the inside barrel of the wheel will be 4 cm inboard (you'll hit suspension stuff especially on turns).

You can run your stock front wheels and 2 rear Z06 size wheels with the proper tire size but I can't comment on the look of a 245 size front tire and 325 rear tire size on your C6 or spacing out your stock rear wheels with 285 tires to properly fit the inside of the widebody rear quarters it'll look odd to have that skinny a tire on the back inside those quarters.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I appreciate the words. Thank you.
I will continue my search.
A virtual wheel/tire/ my set up is what I need to see how it would look.

I’m almost at wits end with my car.
Because it has a wide body rear and a stock front wheel and tire fitment without rear spacers is not possible.
I could consider selling buying up to a Z06 - should have bought a Z in the first place, but admittedly, I wasn’t as educated as I am now!
An alternative is to do a wide kit on the front.
Lots of questions- Where do I go to buy? What exactly do I need.
Should I install myself as I have the tools and only some degree of knowledge!?
Does the suspension and brake size change?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.