Nov 12, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51
Ordered my C7 from a smaller dealer because I wanted to keep my business local. However, I ordered in October with a $5000.00 deposit and the order has not been excepted by Chevy. My question is should I pull out and do a deal at a large dealership, in hopes of getting a C7 by June.

Good luck finding a dealer with allocation.
NOV 5th ($1k dep)...dealer allocated 1 car, JAN 15th arrival ($2k discount)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered my C7 from a smaller dealer because I wanted to keep my business local. However, I ordered in October with a $5000.00 deposit and the order has not been excepted by Chevy. My question is should I pull out and do a deal at a large dealership, in hopes of getting a C7 by June.

Yeah due to limited allocations, I'd not give up my spot if I were you.

Check around first to see who has any or will have any '14's coming in soon and go from there.

Dealers make most money on service anyway so it doesn't matter where you buy. They all want your service business.

C.

Ask your dealer how many allocations they have and what order you are in their list. Find out if you are next or not.

For instance, I ordered Oct 24th and still haven't got my order accepted. My local dealership has 7 allocations, and I am 6 of 7. So mine should be accepted any week now.

Is GM giving the illusion that Corvettes are in short supply. Sounds unlikely that there would be a short supply when they are selling about 1/3 the number they were selling a few short years ago out of the same plant. I don't think GM is in the financial position to limit production. On the other hand, they may have shrunk their man power in Bowling Green to the reality of building fewer than 15K cars a year for the near future and are stuck with that build rate. Hard to say. Just me pondering.

15,000 already built with 6 months to go...CND allocations are very limited
Bowling Green will always be a 1 shift operation.

Production is up with the C7 .and will steadily increase over the next couple years .I'm thinking of ordering a 15 next Nov and picking it up in Bowling Green and heading for Florida .Just to many minor issues and buying panic right now .

I'd hate to order a 14 and get delivery just before the 15's come out .The car is virtually a year old before you get it .

I didn't realize that they had built so many. That's a huge change from the previous four years. Predicting future sales is always risky. I worked for Arctic Enterprises for a while many years ago. One year one model would sell like crazy. The next year, something else. If sales continued at this pace, they would almost be back to pre-recession sales figures. This is good. From the Bowling Green videos that I have seen, the plant seems to be automated similar to the Oshawa truck plant when I retired. That plant was producing about 111,000 trucks per shift per year. That was 445 per shift per day. I would imagine that the Bowling Green plant can product a lot more than they are if the need arises. I always look at vehicle sales as an indicator of where the economy is heading. Hopefully this is all a good sign.

Last edited:
I was there the end of Oct. on the way south and they were building 136 units a day working a 9 hr assembly line shift and 2 shifts in the body shop.
At that point they had just started shipping inventory.
Canada get slightly over 2 days production ??
Was talking to a GM rep at the Toronto Auto show and he said some 2014's will become available as people switch their orders to the 2015 -Z's

I was there the end of Oct. on the way south and they were building 136 units a day working a 9 hr assembly line shift and 2 shifts in the body shop.
At that point they had just started shipping inventory.
Canada get slightly over 2 days production ??
Was talking to a GM rep at the Toronto Auto show and he said some 2014's will become available as people switch their orders to the 2015 -Z's

.............so he must have had some idea about Z-pricing then...? Will it be in line with C6 Z's? -- that's the rumour.

Thanks.

C.

this is an email from Sherwood Park Chevy..

Jarett,

We currently have 30+ factory orders and half of them have delivered already. We can help you out should one cancel, otherwise we are taking orders for the 2015 Corvette, and delivery for them will be around October, if you would like to put a deposit down. Let me know if this answers your question!

Regards,

Chelsea Gillmore

Sherwood Park Chevrolet

I tried to do the same and buy locally. I made my initial order subject to the order being accepted within a reasonable amount of time. Within a few days the dealer bowed out gracefully and I ordered from Dean Myers. Have you tried calling some of the bigger dealers and finding out where they stand? I ordered mine on November 1st and they anticipate April- May delivery.

.............so he must have had some idea about Z-pricing then...? Will it be in line with C6 Z's? -- that's the rumour.

Thanks.

C.

We will have pricing on the 2015's in April but the Z06 should be $88,220 base price in Canadian dollars and will be in very short supply for Canadian allocations

I tried to do the same and buy locally. I made my initial order subject to the order being accepted within a reasonable amount of time. Within a few days the dealer bowed out gracefully and I ordered from Dean Myers. Have you tried calling some of the bigger dealers and finding out where they stand? I ordered mine on November 1st and they anticipate April- May delivery.

Yes I have, see my above post from Sheerwood Chevrolet which is a HUGE dealer. I'm really hoping for a June delivery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.