I just emailed Carlos at MMR wheels in California they are discounting their wheels for C8 owners only direct from them, did you know this NOSOUPFORU if the deal is good will ship them to Ogdenburg N.Y to pick up a set at the border
Shipping to Canada is only $150. But what worries me is what the brokerage fees would be that the shipper will try to nail you on. Better option might be to meet there with the vette, do the swap out at a local tire shop and ship back the OEM wheels all in one swoop!

Hey Folks,

Just checking out what extras you will be doing to your C8s.

For myself right out of the box the Skidplate I think. As well trying to figure out how to affix my front Lic. Plate in a cool way.

I just found out with some help from EJ there is a pocket in the front splitter. Gracias EJ

Cheers,

Kevin
Nothing comes to mind. Know more after I see it at the dealer. I plan on driving it all year long unless we get snow & ice which is uncommon where I live at sea level.

Reactions: Riley P
Shipping to Canada is only $150. But what worries me is what the brokerage fees would be that the shipper will try to nail you on. Better option might be to meet there with the vette, do the swap out at a local tire shop and ship back the OEM wheels all in one swoop!

MMR has a buy back program on stock wheels I will post how much they offer me, then will drive drive over the border for some shopping in Syracuse and drive back over with new wheels :)

Reactions: OttawaKev
MMR has a buy back program on stock wheels I will post how much they offer me, then will drive drive over the border for some shopping in Syracuse and drive back over with new wheels :)
I've already posted it in another thread. I've got on pre-order the MRR 755s. They are $1499 USD in gloss black with shipping to Canada of $150 USD. The buyback is $500 USD and must be shipped back within two weeks of receiving the MRRs. If you want their carbon flash finish its an extra $50 USD per wheel. I like the design better than the stock wheels on the C8. That's why I didn't pay the upgrade $1295 CAD for the Q8Q Carbon Flash finish. I'd rather get the MRRs which look a lot nicer and with the buyback I'm gonna be around the same price as going Q8Q option.
2B81BDCD-86BA-4683-8B07-69EBD59DE1B5.png

I've already posted it in another thread. I've got on pre-order the MRR 755s. They are $1499 USD in gloss black with shipping to Canada of $150 USD. The buyback is $500 USD and must be shipped back within two weeks of receiving the MRRs. If you want their carbon flash finish its an extra $50 USD per wheel. I like the design better than the stock wheels on the C8. That's why I didn't pay the upgrade $1295 CAD for the Q8Q Carbon Flash finish. I'd rather get the MRRs which look a lot nicer and with the buyback I'm gonna be around the same price as going Q8Q option.View attachment 34130
Sorry Sparro didn't see your post but will look for it thanks for the info, can't believe how overpriced GM is just to change silver to black wheels is $1295 that is a good amount towards a whole other set!
Gilles

Sorry Sparro didn't see your post but will look for it thanks for the info, can't believe how overpriced GM is just to change silver to black wheels is $1295 that is a good amount towards a whole other set!
Gilles
No worries. This is a more appropriate thread anyways. For sure! Given what they are charging for carbon flash paint as apposed to standard silver It's a better deal IMO going with the aftermarket wheels which I think also look a lot nicer. I'd be interested in what you described above about picking them up in NY state close to the border. That would eliminate the Canadian shipping, duties, taxes and brokerage fees. Do the swap in NY and send the OEM wheels back and then driving back across.

Sparro......I see you're gta?
If you want a simple, painless method, have your items shipped to "US Address inc".
Go over the bridge in Niagara Falls, and less than 1 minute you'll be there to pick up your stuff. It's crazy cheap. Once there (in usa), you can get the swap done.
I'm going to assume the dealer we went to on tuesday to see the c8 will be a good place for that?
It's not very far to Joe Basil Chev Depew. (I came home this way tuesday)
Here's a link:

No worries. This is a more appropriate thread anyways. For sure! Given what they are charging for carbon flash paint as apposed to standard silver It's a better deal IMO going with the aftermarket wheels which I think also look a lot nicer. I'd be interested in what you described above about picking them up in NY state close to the border. That would eliminate the Canadian shipping, duties, taxes and brokerage fees. Do the swap in NY and send the OEM wheels back and then driving back across.
Exactly keep that on the down low haha , if you don't want the hassle and cost of shipping your wheels back I will need a spare set for Calabogie track days with Cup 2's on them, still shipping mine back because of border savings :)

Reactions: EJChevy and Sparro
Sparro......I see you're gta?
If you want a simple, painless method, have your items shipped to "US Address inc".
Go over the bridge in Niagara Falls, and less than 1 minute you'll be there to pick up your stuff. It's crazy cheap. Once there (in usa), you can get the swap done.
I'm going to assume the dealer we went to on tuesday to see the c8 will be a good place for that?
It's not very far to Joe Basil Chev Depew. (I came home this way tuesday)
Here's a link:
Hi Axe, ya I'm just NE of Toronto. That's a really good method. Didn't know about that. And yeah, I'd rather go to the chevy dealer for the swap out rather an "unknown" shop. Thanks for the heads up on that. Just gotta get the car and nail down all the dates and thats a good option!

Exactly keep that on the down low haha , if you don't want the hassle and cost of shipping your wheels back I will need a spare set for Calabogie track days with Cup 2's on them, still shipping mine back because of border savings :)
You saying you'll buy my OEM wheels? They will be the standard silver ones. I don't need a second set laying around taking up space.

Hi Axe, ya I'm just NE of Toronto. That's a really good method. Didn't know about that. And yeah, I'd rather go to the chevy dealer for the swap out rather an "unknown" shop. Thanks for the heads up on that. Just gotta get the car and nail down all the dates and thats a good option!
If you don't get the 'trailer tow' option on your new C8 😉, don't forget to take a buddy with a pickup, etc across the border. I don't think you'll have enough space for all that stuff in the car!

I just emailed Carlos at MMR wheels in California they are discounting their wheels for C8 owners only direct from them, did you know this NOSOUPFORU if the deal is good will ship them to Ogdenburg N.Y to pick up a set at the border

Yes I was one of the first to pre buy from Carlos. Great wheels and great prices. I did the MRR/NES Forged SS1’s

Yes I was one of the first to pre buy from Carlos. Great wheels and great prices. I did the MRR/NES Forged SS1’s
I just emailed Carlos yesterday, do you mind saying the price he quoted, are you going with stock sizes 19 x 8.5 and 20 x 11 with a different offset or backspacing. I plan on lowering my car with the Z51 ability to do this easily but don't want tire rub

If you don't get the 'trailer tow' option on your new C8 😉, don't forget to take a buddy with a pickup, etc across the border. I don't think you'll have enough space for all that stuff in the car!

I managed to fit 4 wheels and tires in my Vette. Dunno how well it'll work with the C8. Bring along a tie-down so you can put one in the frunk if you can't fit them all in the back and in the passenger seat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.