Sep 9, 2019
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
SL550 MB :-)
Province
ON
Hey Folks,

Just checking out what extras you will be doing to your C8s.

For myself right out of the box the Skidplate I think. As well trying to figure out how to affix my front Lic. Plate in a cool way.

I just found out with some help from EJ there is a pocket in the front splitter. Gracias EJ

Cheers,

Kevin

Last edited:
Reactions: CorvetteSuperCar
The C8 Corvette has provisions for mounting the front plate built into the bumper.

090319_2b.jpg

Likely, by the time your new cars are delivered to ON, the new coloured plates will be the norm.

The province plans to begin issuing the new licence plates and new driver’s licences after the current stocks of these items have been depleted.
Screenshot_20191214-125639.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ccltj
Hey Folks,

For myself right out of the box the Skidplate I think. s well trying to figure out how to affix my front Lic. Plate in a cool way.

Cheers,

Kevin
You need one of those remote plate brack
Hey Folks,

For myself right out of the box the Skidplate I think. As well trying to figure out how to affix my front Lic. Plate in a cool way.

I just found out with some help from EJ there is a pocket in the front splitter. Gracias EJ

Cheers,

Kevin
here is the answer to the front license plate Kevin. If you google ”automatically flip up front license plate” you get many options. This is just one.

Amazon product ASIN B01DL255JE
Cheers,

Michael

Reactions: OttawaKev
You need one of those remote plate brack

here is the answer to the front license plate Kevin. If you google ”automatically flip up front license plate” you get many options. This is just one.

Amazon product ASIN B01DL255JE
Cheers,

Michael
Thanks Michael.👍

I did a search some of them are pretty cool.

Also in the vid above EJ supplied there is a recessed spot that looks like it makes the plate flush with the splitter.

Cheers,

Kevin

First mod for me are the MRR wheels I got on pre-order, doing some de-badging, tinting windows. Then I'll probably 3M wrap the A-pillars and roof in carbon flash film (nacelles stay red). Finally, an aero kit from ACS when available. Might also consider changing those exhaust tips too, but I gotta see what they look like in person.

MRR wheels SS1’s, wrapping roof carbon flash to match the CF exterior parts with 3M 1080 G212 Gloss black metallic, Lloyd Custom mats, Xpel and Ceramic coating and then ACS full ground effects when they get it out. Personalized plates on order as well “ZORANGE”. Z for Z51, Orange for Sebring Orange and ZORA for ... well the dream of a great man ... 👍🏻

I forgot to add 12mm wheel spacers if I'm not happy with MRRs "custom offset" to bring those wheels out a little further. Also at some point I may lower the car if I'm not happy with the stance. Already have my custom plate sitting here... WRPDRIVE

I forgot to add 12mm wheel spacers if I'm not happy with MRRs "custom offset" to bring those wheels out a little further. Also at some point I may lower the car if I'm not happy with the stance. Already have my custom plate sitting here... WRPDRIVE
We can order our plates now? ….. I have always got them with my cars all used....So in Ontario I can get a Pers Plate now without a VIN?

Cheers,

Kevin

We can order our plates now? ….. I have always got them with my cars all used....So in Ontario I can get a Pers Plate now without a VIN?

Cheers,

Kevin
Yes, all they need is your drivers license number. They will send the paperwork when your plates arrive. Then you take the plates and the paperwork to the dealer and they'll register you personal plates to your car.

New Vossen wheels for sure ( sorry folks all the c8 wheels don't work for me) liked the C7 Z06/ZR1, wrapping the removable roof carbon flash, aftermarket exhaust when available, stingray emblems are getting removed , tinting side windows don't want to hide the engine, ceramic coating, if NOSOUPFORU is O.K with Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery personalized plates for Ontario, and a couple of spare sets of tires :)

Could we get a group buy on wheels?

Last edited:
Yes, all they need is your drivers license number. They will send the paperwork when your plates arrive. Then you take the plates and the paperwork to the dealer and they'll register you personal plates to your car.
AWESOMNESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: CorvetteSuperCar
MRR wheels SS1’s, wrapping roof carbon flash to match the CF exterior parts with 3M 1080 G212 Gloss black metallic, Lloyd Custom mats, Xpel and Ceramic coating and then ACS full ground effects when they get it out. Personalized plates on order as well “ZORANGE”. Z for Z51, Orange for Sebring Orange and ZORA for ... well the dream of a great man ... 👍🏻
Im thinking

CABO KEV as I vacation there TONS
or
ZBEETLE as Beetlejuice is my nickname on the FD

Attachments

• 20191214_181841.jpg
    20191214_181841.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: ccltj
I don't want to trade in my C7 ... but in 2 years or so I may change my mind and get a C8. First change the exhaust to a lighter weight unit, maybe even the headers, get them ceramic coated to reduce temps, AP brake kits, possibly LG GT shocks, lower temp thermostat, Accel high temp wires, S/S brake lines, ACS side skirts, window tinting, see what the aftermarket has for a CAI and intake manifold, lighter flywheel, and maybe HRE or Forgeline wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.