Loud thud over and over again while driving. Gets worse as I apply the brakes. There was a lot of rust on the rotors, too.
A thud? Wow! I can't think of anything that would cause a repeated thud.
Rust on rotors is normal and will clean off with some driving.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Could it be a sticky caliper or something to do with the e-brake? Now it is thudding only under braking.
Is it a chatter when you brake? If the brake pads had stuck to the rotors they would have released. A chatter could happen until the rust is warn off the rotors. I can't even see the E-brake being locked and causing a thud. A chatter, yes, but not a thud.

• Agree
Is it a chatter when you brake? If the brake pads had stuck to the rotors they would have released. A chatter could happen until the rust is warn off the rotors. I can't even see the E-brake being locked and causing a thud. A chatter, yes, but not a thud.

You could describe it as a chatter, yes. Also, I had to apply throttle a lot to get it to initially move from the garage.

You could describe it as a chatter, yes. Also, I had to apply throttle a lot to get it to initially move from the garage.
Ya, that sounds like the pads stuck to the rotors. You might have removed a chunk of pad and it stayed stuck on the rotor. Did you examine the rotors? It would be very hard to see the inside without a lift of course. I'd just drive it for a while and see if it goes away. It usually does after a good 30 minute drive.

• Agree
Check the wheels and the brakes. Sounds like a brake issue if the car is shaking while braking, pads and/or rotor. Is the sound coming from a specific area of the car?

I have experienced a rusted and frozen caliper on my 2019 C7 after being parked for a coupl eof weeks following a 'wet' event. Once I was out on the road, i took the car up to about 90 km/h and braked hard, repeated several times and the problem was solved. If that does not work, get it in to a shop for brake service.

How many kms on the car? It may be time for a complete brake inspection and some parts repalcement.

Reactions: KTJF
The reason is 100% washing it and parking it. The rotors were covered in rust and now only some rust spots remain. I’ve tried braking hard over 10 times and the problem isn’t going away. 2,000km

According to the Bulliten from GM braking hard will not fix it , follow the proper burnish procedure ...

1. The customer or technician should use theInstrument Cluster’s DIC performance menu’sfriction bubble that calls out longitudinal G forces todetermine braking forces. Use the Friction Bubblein the DIC display to determine the correctdeceleration rates. Apply the brakes 10 timesstarting at 100 km/h (60 mph) to 50 km/h (30 mph)while decelerating at 0.4g. This a medium brakeapplication. Drive for at least 0.5 km (0.3 mi)between applying the brakes.2. If further cleanup of the brake discs is needed,repeat this procedure with 0.7g applications.