Good afternoon 427Carl,

So guess who called me last night, 7 months after the posting was on for about 4 hours to launch an official complaint?

Last edited:
Showing off on You Tube

Just for your own protection... I think its OK on the site for members.... There a lot of goodie two shoes out there, who will sent it, to some police force They can track you... Thanks for making it private.... Our insurance rates are high enough...

Sort of makes me feel good knowing you're all looking out for me too..............for when my common sense boards the train without me...........

Last edited:
Garry...it's good you took down the vids.
There are lots of slalom events around to have it out with your car. Some are slower speed finesse courses while others are high speed slaloms verging on road courses! You could also look into some sort of race/driving course to fine tune your skills. There is probably something available at Budweiser Race Park in Edmonton. I have many friends that have also gone to Vegas as a group to learn to drive on the track in Corvettes....
In the past few weeks there was a 4-slalom weekend in Prince George and recently a 5-slalom weekend in Regina! There will be more coming up too.
I know the travel is tough for your line of work but it certainly fills the need for speed! There is a Corvette weekend coming up in Prince George that includes show, rallye, slalom and drags in one weekend. And a weekend scheduled for Calgary as well.
take care ...... graham

Godd morning Graham,

One thing I've always told the women I've dated that makes me different from most men is that I am trainable! In hindsight it may have been a lapse of judgement and I'm lucky that it was stopped when it was.

Yes I am looking forward to the AC event in DC on Saturday and to have some fun under controlled conditions then......much more suitable an environment.

Fine tune my skills......? I need to develop some basic skills first!

A Corvette event in PG, now that is a shame, guess where my ex gf was from.............!

Cheers,

Garry

Hi Garry!

I edited a couple posts. However, how easy is it to get the RCMP to close roads for an event? I wish there were more private roads available for seeing what our cars are capable of...

Glad to hear your son got a good experience!!!! Keep up enjoying the car!!!

Someother things I found amusing:

Leaving PR after a run and at the intersection by Coop where I had a red light a import sedan with three home-boys turned, I had my window down as did teh driver to which he called out to me "Hey nice car bro!" It always makes me realize how special these cars are when it is almost 8 years old and it still elicits this type of respense from people. Or people who wave as we meet, sport bike drivers very often........

One other laugh I got was along the dike road there is a house and inside the a garage a pair of bright green current body style Camero's. I'm not sure if they are "his'n her's" or father-son or what. I got behind one of them when we were doing our post run cool down cruise and trailed him home for fun.

Nice to have the speed run worked out of my system, for now anyway.

I am still thinking about going to the AC on Saturday. Sadly they no longer allow kids to ride along which really disappointed my son as he remembered the names of the drivers that took him along last year. But maybe as there is also a car cruise meet that day in town too he'll be able to wrangle a ride or two then...........

Hope to bring a grain bin home, crops are really starting to look good, canola is in major bloom right now and as the weather is cooler this is the best time for it to be in flower. Each flower has the potential to produce a seed pod of course so it is getting well set up. Heat ont he other hand causes the flowers to "blast" before they can be pollinated and thus no pod forms and you have blanks on the stem.........

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Pretty cool feeling Gary. We had our car parked in Vernon and as we were coming out to our car the person who was backing out beside us pulled back in, turned off and a lady about 65 got out to talk with us about the car, color and how much fun we look like we were having. These cars are contagious and people just can't help to feel good around them.
In Vernon I walked out of our hotel and a boy about 13 yelled I love your car. I asked if he and his brothers wanted to sit in it. They were there! Mom and Dad came over and we found out they are moving to Vernon from the States! Used to live in Bowling Green! Been to the tour of the plant and museum but had never sat in a vette. We spent the next 3/4 of an hour visiting and the boys checking out the controls and getting thier picture taken in the drivers seat. They thanked us, I think there's 4 more boys planning on buying into the dream.

Good morning RockyPM,

What a great way to share the experience. I really give kids the gears when they ask me about the car and how much it costs etc. and use this to tell them to work hard in school and they can get a good job and buy these sorts of things in their lives, save their money etc.

I remember exploiting the encounter with Robbie Dickson, the Aventador owner at "Race The Base" last summer with my son and got him to echo how having a dream, a plan to achieve it and doing well in school resulted in his life turning out as it had.

We don't realize how encoutners like that really can influence and change a young person's life. I'm sure we've all had mentors in our lifes that helped us to push forward when things were challenging for us.

Likewise I always take the time to take to people and especially children who come up to the car to answer their questions and let them take a look. I've never offered to let them sit in it if they want, something I might do now especially with the monogrammed seat covers and painted interior........

The weather has improved slightly for Dawson Creek and the all-day Saturday car events (autocross and street cruise) so it might be a go yet!

Cheers,

Garry

I'm with you Garry. We never know when some small thing or moment out of day can make a huge difference. Glad to hear the weather is clearing up there. We are leaving this afternoon for the Stampede and family fun in the vette, of course!
Paul

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.