Elf

Power User
Feb 28, 2011
North of Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2008m vert
Great timing ! Wife called hysterical and crying Tuesday,she is not a crier .I think one of the kids has died or she ran over my dog .She had backed my daily driver Fiesta into the rear quarter of the vett .I consoled her saying all the right things :DGot home about 11 in the evening and it was dark but the rear quarter looked caved in pretty bad .Wife was on her second bottle of wine and she doesn't drink (much)Didn't look at the Fiesta .She explained that I seldom leave the Vett out and she just wasn't paying attention .Again I said all the right things .:D I had a 5am meeting so I left still in the dark ,I was driving the truck but was home mid afternoon .The first vehicle I saw was the Ford Fiesta and I couldn't find a scratch ,nothing !The sun had hit the black bumper cover and it had come back to shape .The vett was different the rear fascia was dented and the quarter was caved in plus it had 4 inch crack under the clear bra .I wished I would have taken photos Tuesday when I got home ,just didn't think :mad: Left the car in the garage with the heat set fairly high and an electric heat facing the quarter about 15 feet away set on Medium .That night the rear facia was 100% back to shape and the quarter was 75% back .Second step was some road time which also helped a little ,than a little more heat but not as much .It's come back to about 95 % but the heat didn't fix the crack :mad:But I do believe the clear bra material helped a lot .

Oh ,the reason I wasn't upset was that I needed my wife to sign some papers that under normal circumstances would be a no go .She never blinked an eye when she laid down her signature .:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.