Feb 2, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette Grand Sport
Province
BC
Quick question for the group with my 2017 Grand Sport when I change tires do I need to ensure they go back in the same position LF RF so that the TPMS is correct on the location on my car for my informant system? I have checked on some of the web sites but sounds like it is a non issue but having a hard time believing that.

If they are not in the same position, you have to reset the TPMS. The tire shop should do it for you. If you rotate your tires, you can do it yourself. It tells you how in the manual.

Reactions: Dik
Quick question for the group with my 2017 Grand Sport when I change tires do I need to ensure they go back in the same position LF RF so that the TPMS is correct on the location on my car for my informant system? I have checked on some of the web sites but sounds like it is a non issue but having a hard time believing that.
All C7's have an "Auto Learn" procedure associated with the TPMS. It's designed specifically for tire rotation and replacement.

From the 2019 GS Owner's Manual:

"TPMS Sensor Matching Process — Auto Learn Function. Each TPMS sensor has a unique identification code. The identification code needs to be matched to a new tire/wheel position after rotating the tires or replacing one or more of the TPMS sensors. When a tire is installed, the vehicle must be stationary for about 20 minutes before the system recalculates. The following relearn process takes up to 10 minutes, driving at a minimum speed of 19 km/h (12 mph). A dash (-) or pressure value will display in the DIC. See Driver Information Center (DIC) 0 121. A warning message displays in the DIC if a problem occurs during the relearn process."

I rotate my wheels each spring and follow this procedure. Never had a problem in 4 years of ownership.

Hope this helps
Ross

Last edited:
Reactions: Dik
All C7's have an "Auto Learn" procedure associated with the TPMS. It's designed specifically for tire rotation and replacement.

From the 2019 GS Owner's Manual:

"TPMS Sensor Matching Process — Auto Learn Function. Each TPMS sensor has a unique identification code. The identification code needs to be matched to a new tire/wheel position after rotating the tires or replacing one or more of the TPMS sensors. When a tire is installed, the vehicle must be stationary for about 20 minutes before the system recalculates. The following relearn process takes up to 10 minutes, driving at a minimum speed of 19 km/h (12 mph). A dash (-) or pressure value will display in the DIC. See Driver Information Center (DIC) 0 121. A warning message displays in the DIC if a problem occurs during the relearn process."

I rotate my wheels each spring and follow this procedure. Never had a problem in 4 years of ownership.

Hope this helps
Ross
Thanks so much for your help I will follow the procedure and that should be good then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.