Got my Vet back yesterday and I can tell the difference in the drive right away. GM and the dealership were absolutely professional during this very difficult process. Once the decision was made to replace the DCT, I contacted GM Canada and the DCT was delivered directly to my dealership form the manufacturer in 3 and half days. The replacement started on Monday June 28 and I got my car back at in the afternoon yesterday June 30.

Got my Vet back yesterday and I can tell the difference in the drive right away. GM and the dealership were absolutely professional during this very difficult process. Once the decision was made to replace the DCT, I contacted GM Canada and the DCT was delivered directly to my dealership form the manufacturer in 3 and half days. The replacement started on Monday June 28 and I got my car back at in the afternoon yesterday June 30.
Good stuff! Did they tell you to take it easy on it for a bit?

Glad you got your car back!

I'm sitting out back the service center again ... Leak in the front lift system....

Apparently, when car is off the ground for a long time, it gets air in the system. They are trying to bleed it (up, down, up, down then let it cool down etc).

Will check back in a couple hours .

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Murray20c8
Okay, so the car seems good and after 3 hours they had me out of there.

After a bleeding procedure and some up /down travel to get air out of the system.

Apparently the front end lifts are on back order so I'm glad that wasn't necessary.

Will continue to monitor but hopefully all is good.

Okay, so the car seems good and after 3 hours they had me out of there.

After a bleeding procedure and some up /down travel to get air out of the system.

Apparently the front end lifts are on back order so I'm glad that wasn't necessary.

Will continue to monitor but hopefully all is good.
It might just have bee your cap and being too full or did you already go down that road?

I know exactly how you feel, mine has been at the dealership since June 10, I was told on the 16th that I need a new DCT, after they replaced the control unit first. After a 17 month wait for the car. Please let me know the progress on you DCT delivery date. i Had purchased the 7 year extended warranty as well as the tire and rim extended warranty.
good luck with your repair.
What a turn off !!!

While we’re on the topic of transmissions. Has anyone encountered this. I was in a parking lot and put the car in drive and started driving very slow. I advanced about 5 meters and the car came to an abrupt stop and the transmission jumped into park. I was thinking of waiting to see if it happens again before bringing it in to be looked at.
Like most popular vehicles do you have the one without the dip stick for automatic transmission? Only qualified dealerships can perform test for the amount of fluid required for optimum performance. I like the looks of a C8 but not really impressed with all the issues I’m reading. 😳

WOW! All the expense and not being able to enjoy your investment. Makes me happy I'm poor and and can't afford this luxury. My C4 always puts a smile on my face when I see it in the garage....

Reactions: Dave91TM
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.