I was told the same thunk the break in period is only for the engin. How many days did it take to get the DCT once it was ordered
From what I've pieces together, It was ordered on Friday June 11th and arrived to GM plant on June 18th, then sent up the the dealership in st Catharines, ON by June 21.

Really concerning to hear about all these DCT issues. It seems to be a bigger issue than I first thought. I hope that you all get on the road soon. It definitely seems to be a good idea for an extended warranty on this car, even though I thought at first that they were a dealer cash grab.

My transmission arrived today at the dealership, but I was told that they don’t need to order any other parts or gasket. I am somewhat confused but l will leave it up to the professionals.
It likely comes with all that.

While we’re on the topic of transmissions. Has anyone encountered this. I was in a parking lot and put the car in drive and started driving very slow. I advanced about 5 meters and the car came to an abrupt stop and the transmission jumped into park. I was thinking of waiting to see if it happens again before bringing it in to be looked at.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
While we’re on the topic of transmissions. Has anyone encountered this. I was in a parking lot and put the car in drive and started driving very slow. I advanced about 5 meters and the car came to an abrupt stop and the transmission jumped into park. I was thinking of waiting to see if it happens again before bringing it in to be looked at.
Not me and my wife likely does that a ton. I can't think of a single reason for it to do that. Like you I'd try and repeat it because the dealer will do nothing if it can't be duplicated at will

Reactions: Rebby
Hi Rebby, I like the black wrap you did on your car.
Thanks I didn’t want it give it the convertible Look. The transparent roof led me to going black. Now that I have had the car for a while, regretting the transparent roof. Sun shines in through there too much for me. I guess I’ll try and look cool wearing sunglasses.

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
Thanks I didn’t want it give it the convertible Look. The transparent roof led me to going black. Now that I have had the car for a while, regretting the transparent roof. Sun shines in through there too much for me. I guess I’ll try and look cool wearing sunglasses.
Where did you go for the wrap, everyone I talk to want $1500 for a few strips of the wrap

I agree, the transparent roof lets in too much light. I guess that's why they called it transparent.
I think I may get mine tinted to tone the sunlight down.

I agree, the transparent roof lets in too much light. I guess that's why they called it transparent.
I think I may get mine tinted to tone the sunlight down.
I went to the place that did the PPF on my car and told him my concern with the roof. They also do tinting however said their was nothing he could do to reduce the amount of light coming in.
if you find a solution I’d love to know.

I went to the place that did the PPF on my car and told him my concern with the roof. They also do tinting however said their was nothing he could do to reduce the amount of light coming in.
Then WTF does tinting do if not reduce the light coming in???

Rebby, a quick Google search gave me the following info.
Most tint shops will not tint the transparent top because it is made of polycarbonate which isn't
compatible with the tint adhesive.
A number of owners on the forums have had their's tinted and report no problems, however they were told
should they want to remove it there could be a problem as the tint adhesive needs to be heated to remove
and it may not all come off the top.
One tint shop owner said he was told not to tint them as it doesn't allow even heating of the top thickness
and could cause stress to the polycarbonate leading to cracking.
Most owners had purchased a cover that is held in place by suction cups. It is 3/4" thick so it reduces headroom,
but apparently looks original and can be quickly installed and removed.
It is $129 US at RPI Designs.

Really concerning to hear about all these DCT issues. It seems to be a bigger issue than I first thought. I hope that you all get on the road soon. It definitely seems to be a good idea for an extended warranty on this car, even though I thought at first that they were a dealer cash gra
From what I've pieces together, It was ordered on Friday June 11th and arrived to GM plant on June 18th, then sent up the the dealership in st Catharines, ON by June 21.
i think they are manufactured in Mexico

So this happened at 1,400 KM In the dealership parking lot...

View attachment 82909
Booked an oil change on Monday at the dealership. On the ride down (Thursday) and out of nowhere , I noticed the car shifted from 6th gear into 8th (skipping 7) and would also downshift from 8 to 6 (skipping 7) when using the paddles.

Observing this a couple of times and wondering if it was normal, I then noticed the check engine light was illuminated (it's hidden slightly behind the steering wheel and to the right )

Everything felt fine and smooth and the transmission temperature was normal so continued down the highway to the dealership to let them look into it.

Turning into the dealership parking lot, the transmissions suddenly disengaged and left us stuck with 2 wheels up the incline entrance and the rest of the car sticking out on the active roadway.

The car would not budge.. even after a restart.

"Transmission service required" or some message along those lines.

8 service guys helped push the car up the driveway and into the lot and took the car back for diagnosis.s

Initial diagnosis was not good and was told a new transmission is a strong possibility and even worse, that may take 3 weeks ..

Phone calls were made to the transmission team in USA to exchange error codes and discuss next steps.

The swap is rated at 30 hrs and $5,000 usd in labour. Transmission is about $10k usd .

This will be handled under warranty but it sure makes me think again about purchasing that extended warranty...

I've gotta say , The team at the dealership has been fantastic so far and I'm hoping to get some more details tomorrow.

While they provided a Malibu rental, it's just not the same...

Tough break not having the car and I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

Updates to follow...

View attachment 82910

View attachment 82911
I feel your pain... manure happens!

Update Friday, June 25th: (Day 16)

Got the car back around noon yesterday!!

Yes The oil was changed and also had 2 quarts of DCT fluid added.

Felt great on the drive home, thank you to GM, the crew at the dealership and the techs that worked on the car. Appreciated the updates and friendly service.

It is great to have the car back. Best of luck to the others waiting on some service.

5252021173643~2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.