Actually I think it's pretty neat and would consider it for sure. what is interesting is it's California product and if I'm not mistaken (usellyam) tire plugs are outlawed in California :D

Man if that works as well as it appears on the video that would be a worthwhile investment. Considering no spare and no run flat, at least on my car, that would be handy.

Thanks for posting the link, appreciated.

cool, thanks for the link.

I picked up a nail on a rear tire in Oregon ( PCH drive ) with my Z06 when I was bringing it home. Finding a decent tire shop or a Chevy dealer was not easy.. when i found a chevy dealer it closed an hour before I got in the town.

It was a real slow leak and bought a portable air compressor and drove on it for a bit.... this would be nice to have.

Might buy one... and one for my brother.

Thanks

Brian

Last edited:
Looks like Amazon.com sellers won't ship to Canada.

Will they ship to Ontario???

The main site will for $19.95 shipping to Canada for how many you want....... round up your friends and order 2-5 to cut down on shipping.

Brian

The first summer that we had the Corvette, I picked up a bigger screw. I wonder if the Dynaplug expands enough to fill a ragged hole like that. I just took the wheel and tire to our local guy and he plugged it the conventional way. Still, this might be all a person would need most of the time and wouldn't take up much space in the glove box or in the back.

Hi everyone. As a shop owner (tires and mechanic services), I saw a lot of different product to fix tires. First the product offered by Amazon is a very old stuff, these plugs are made of fabric and coated whit some rubberized product that usually dry out and on a longer period and tend to leak true the fabric as the coating dry out. The best repair is the patch/plug. It fills the hole and re-enforce the the tire from the inside. Remember that most of the time, wen something puncture your tire it cuts a few steel belt and open a way for water to reach the undamaged steel belts. The patch/plug is the best because block the hole and prevent water to make the belts get rusted and re-enforce the tire where the belts where broke. Second, on low profile tires like ours,you don't have to drive very long to get the interior of your tire shredded. The problem whit any plugs repair is that you don't know if the interior liner is damage or not. Many time I saw tire badly damaged inside whit very small or no damage on the outside. If you have a flat tire tire and you are absolutely positive that you did not ride on a low pressure tire then you can put a plug but if you drove on a low pressure (even a short distance), have the tire remove and check the inside for damage. The dynaplug system seem to be a good product as long as you have a small compressor to refill the tire. If you drove on a low pressure tire, you can use a plug, adjust the pressure and have the interior of the tire check asap. Third I don't want you to think that I am trying to scare any of you and as a shop owner I am trying to sell the idea of going to a shop every time you have a flat tire but after 33 years in a garage I saw a lot of situations that could be avoided. These cars are fast and safety is not an option.

Sorry about my english, but I am sure that you do understant what I am trying to say

Steph.:seeya:

good tips boss.

Now, driving a Corvette with run flats, I think this would be GOOD to have on a longer trip. It might save you some headaches.

Now, when I had my tire fixed on my Z06 I was told by the Chevy dealership run flats are not suppose to be repaired. Not sure how true this is.

They did it, never charged me, my tire had maybe 20-30% left so it got me home and had new rear tires for what ever it was.. 3-6 months later.

Now, if you did fix a tire on a trip when you get home ( or to a nice Chevy dealer ) you get the tire inspected and fixed properly.

Brian

"the boss", thanks for the information it is appreciated. What if you look at this as a tool to simply help you get home, does it make sense then? With no spare and no tire pressure monitors on my Z06 I am thinking that having this kit just adds some insurance. I have found that even a slight loss in air pressure in any tire can be felt in the steering wheel. Good indicator that something is not quite right.

Based on that expectation is this a reasonable product to keep in the trunk?

"the boss", thanks for the information it is appreciated. What if you look at this as a tool to simply help you get home, does it make sense then? With no spare and no tire pressure monitors on my Z06 I am thinking that having this kit just adds some insurance. I have found that even a slight loss in air pressure in any tire can be felt in the steering wheel. Good indicator that something is not quite right.

Looks like that's what it's good for Murray: Temp use -- to get you home and get the tire checked properly on the inside and patched properly.

Thanks for the input Steph -- we appreciate your expertise.
Colin.

As a emergency kit, I think every one who drive a car whit no spare should have one, these car are not that easy to put on a flat bed especially if you have a front splitter or a lowered suspension. I will get one of these before spring, it doesn't take room and doesn't require any cement or glue, it will be a great addition to my little compressor. CAA, AAA and other road assist are great but for these car, the problem is still the same, they can't put your spare on and hardly can transport the car. Taking these car on the flat bed requires a skilled operator, a good equipment and long pieces of wood or ramp extension to avoid costly damages. Now think about a long road trip where it is possible to be in a dead a spot and have no signal for the cell phone, at least you can fix it and drive to the next city to get it check or properly fix and continue you trip safely. :)

Looks like that's what it's good for Murray: Temp use -- to get you home and get the tire checked properly on the inside and patched properly.

Thanks for the input Steph -- we appreciate your expertise.
Colin.

Hi Colin. If someone happened to find a screw or a nail in a tire and there is no lost of air, a plug can be a permanent cure if a good quality product is use, but still, having the tire remove and check is not that expensive to get peace of mind. Most of us do not track the car so no very high speed and I would prefer to have a blow out tire in a vette than any other regular car, I am positive that the handling of the car will probably save my but, the best is still to avoid these situation. We all share the same passion for these car, let's get back home in one piece.

Steph. :seeya:

Yup, I ordered one for myself and one for my brother as a gift.

cheap insurance to maybe keep you from being stranded.

and Yes, the CF spoilers make it a pain to get these cars on a flat deck.

Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.