Aug 6, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2017 GS Convertible
Province
AB
We moved into a new place last fall and I had the builder add a couple extra lights in the garage. I have been looking for a product to upgrade my garage lighting and was almost ready to go with LED strip lights until I came across a utube review of screw in light bulbs:
What LED Light Is Best For Your Garage? Lets Find out! These Are good for Barns and Basements Also! - YouTube
After watching the entire video I was sold on product #3 and ordered 4 from Amazon.CA. They were ON SALE for just $29.99 CDN so it was an awesome deal compared to the Amazon.com price is still $44.99
IMG_5338.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B07Z38445N
IMG_5343.jpg
IMG_5342.jpg
IMG_5337.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5338.jpg
    IMG_5338.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 0
I bought one from Amazon. It lasted about 3 months. Comes with a 30 day warranty.
Since that pissed me off, I bought the next one at TSC/Peavey Mart. That one quit working faster than the Amazon led light, but at least TSC offered a refund.
(these lights burn out one "blade at a time", until they're all burnt out.)
Next, I bought one from Cdn Tire, 2-3 years ago. *Knocking on wood* it's still perfect today.

Ya, I've had a few different ones. Some are good and some lost panels in a few months. It's a crap shoot it seems.
The best ones I've purchased are actually tubes to replace the fluorescent tubes. I removed the ballasts from them and they are super bright and seem to last a lot longer.

Super bright, I wish I had 4 lights, only 2 in my double garage.
If your garage ceiling is drywalled, add a dual plug and lamp socket and get some overhead fluorescent fixtures with LED tubes over the area you want to cover. You can suspend them with drywall plugs and hooks.

Reactions: Roughrider
That's awesome, finding the right garage lighting can make such a difference! 💡 It's great that you did your research and came across that YouTube review. It's always helpful to see real-world experiences. Product #3 sounds like a winner, especially at that sale price!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread