OK Mikey, we are gonna use the $100 wax next time ...
as we need those female "minnows" to be more mature for you my friend :happy:
(that clean corvette of yours is the "lure" for going fishing)
;)

Last edited:
Lots of memories of cars when I was a kid. My friends BIL had a 31 Chev with a big olds engine. Old time hot rod that was so cool and quick. Every garage had a stock car or road racer. Those guys who took a passing interest in our fascination in the cars had a life long positive impact.

Great Mike that he thinks your car is cool and worth sitting down to have a look at.:thumbs:

Lol. Didn't buy it for that !! Hasn't worked anyway. Bought it to drive it !! And I do !!
I thought about that right after writing it ... but I left my first reply in ...
I do keep forgetting ... that You are the Fish !!!
(and as with many, you happen to like "shiny objects") :Woot:

Last edited:
Those guys who took a passing interest in our fascination in the cars had a life long positive impact ...
Great Mike that he thinks your car is cool and worth sitting down to have a look at.:thumbs:

Flashback (holy crap!) ... and that's exactly why I drive one today ...
was across the street from my house in 1971 for me and I still remember that new Stingray was Silver !!!

Reactions: turbozig
Flashback (holy crap!) ... and that's exactly why I drive one today ...
was across the street from my house in 1971 for me and I still remember that Stingray was Silver !!!
I got the urge to own a Corvette after being taken for a ride in a blue 1976 while hanging out with my buddies at 7/11 waiting for a Bus to take us to market mall in 1979,so this car was 3 years old then. I was 15. And really,Blue is what I always wanted.

Reactions: turbozig
go to wally world and buy the hot wheels for 1 to 2 bucks and go see their parents and give them a hot wheels car THROUGH THIER PARENTS

nice touch and they will always remember it

if you do I might have a hot wheels for you on the trip to lake louise Jeff soon to be the mighty stig

Lots of memories of cars when I was a kid. My friends BIL had a 31 Chev with a big olds engine. Old time hot rod that was so cool and quick. Every garage had a stock car or road racer. Those guys who took a passing interest in our fascination in the cars had a life long positive impact.

I was thinking that kid probably feels like i did that day way back. There's a Jr high school 200 feet to my left so at lunchtime,a lot of kids sit in the field out front. Not often my car sits outside but today,it did. More attention today than in the past mind you.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
That is pretty sweet Mikey... exactly how corvette dreams are made! Love your flashback SN-111. Betting all of you also have an 'AHA' vette moment that started the obsession. Thought I'd share mine.

Growing up, my Grandpa/Dad owned the GM dealership in our small town. My Mom would drop my brother and I off to go shopping and we got to sit in the showroom revolving display car all day. (Looking back, the salesmen must have just cursed us - touching all the buttons and leaving kid fingerprints!) I'll never forget when a red 70 roadster appeared there one day. It was the most beautiful, shiny, glorious thing I'd ever seen! I didn't want to get out. Coerced by a salesman with the corvette brochure that unfolded into a giant poster, it was pinned to my wall till I left home.

That is pretty sweet Mikey... exactly how corvette dreams are made! Love your flashback SN-111. Betting all of you also have an 'AHA' vette moment that started the obsession. Thought I'd share mine.

Growing up, my Grandpa/Dad owned the GM dealership in our small town. My Mom would drop my brother and I off to go shopping and we got to sit in the showroom revolving display car all day. (Looking back, the salesmen must have just cursed us - touching all the buttons and leaving kid fingerprints!) I'll never forget when a red 70 roadster appeared there one day. It was the most beautiful, shiny, glorious thing I'd ever seen! I didn't want to get out. Coerced by a salesman with the corvette brochure that unfolded into a giant poster, it was pinned to my wall till I left home.
Thanks Franci. Sort of like how mine started. A long time ago a blue 1976 coupe pulled into a parking stall at a 7/11 parking lot. I was 15.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneTrueChevyGirl
Right on! and Respect to boot! Reminds me of this commercial, love it!!!!
[

Awesome!

It is so amazing to see the young ones get an attraction to an automobile. I still remember that attraction, because those cars are still on my list if I ever win the damn lottery so that I can buy a huge garage with a small house attached. My boy impressed the hell out of me when he was merely two and a half! He said, "Daddy! A Corvette!" when a new C7 pulled up beside us. I was so proud, I thought my head was going to explode. At the next intersection, a loud fart-can exhaust Civic with a huge wing pulled up beside us. "Daddy!" he said, "A Corvette!".

Sigh.

Awesome!

It is so amazing to see the young ones get an attraction to an automobile. I still remember that attraction, because those cars are still on my list if I ever win the damn lottery so that I can buy a huge garage with a small house attached. My boy impressed the hell out of me when he was merely two and a half! He said, "Daddy! A Corvette!" when a new C7 pulled up beside us. I was so proud, I thought my head was going to explode. At the next intersection, a loud fart-can exhaust Civic with a huge wing pulled up beside us. "Daddy!" he said, "A Corvette!".

Sigh.
I'll tell you the story J of my first time exposed to a Corvette when we meet. I really saw me in that kid that day. Almost got the chill down my spine. I was hoping he would've sat there a little longer as I would've gone out. I guess now when his buddy came to the door,that was my chance. Oh well,next time.

Awesome!

Sigh.

Funny story. Little ones you just never know what they are going to say.:thumbs:

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I remember around this same time period that we received a child development evaluation quiz of several questions. One of the questions was, "Is your child speaking in sentences of 3-5 words? Give an example."

My example was, "Daddy, when I get bigger, I'm going to drive the Trailblazer, and you can ride in the back!"

My friends 5 year old son wants a cell phone so he can..... get this.. " look for a job and talk to his amigos" at the daycare home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.