Hey Bill. How's it going my friend. 3 months smoke free tomorrow for me. How are you doing? Hopefully you have it beat as well. Sorry... got off track there. Yup. Minor upgrades for the new baby.... ACS side rockers and front splash guards are suppose to arrive tomorrow.... freaking (I didn't mean to say freaking) dollar exchange killed me but I wanted to get them installed before spring.... and I don't see any dollar recovery on the horizon anyway.... That's pretty much my changes other than I will be shading out the C7 side marker lights. Probably go with smoke plasti dip and glossifier.

Eric

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Hey Eric I ordered the acs splash guards and have them installed already and ya even tho they came from out east ( and it did say usd funds). I was hoping to find a dealer for the rockers that would maybe sell for Canadian but so far no luck, so I guess ill have to bite the bullet and pay that inflated rate. unless any know of a dealer who has they're zero7 rockers from acs. And as a side note I ordered the rear splash guards thinking they were acs as well, but they are gm and paid more for them than if I had just ordered them from my dealer :Beatdeadhorse:, altho did pay the xtra for the carbon flash paint.

So far I purchased a thicker tunnel plate for my car to tighten things up. I'm going to save up for either a Pfadt torque limiting trans mount or DTE brace...not sure which (but in the future I hope to have both). Also saving up for new motor mounts. Currently on the hunt for C6Z06 shocks and C6 Z51 sway bars. Then, the savings will continue for a Phobia Street TT system.

Hey Eric I ordered the acs splash guards and have them installed already and ya even tho they came from out east ( and it did say usd funds). I was hoping to find a dealer for the rockers that would maybe sell for Canadian but so far no luck, so I guess ill have to bite the bullet and pay that inflated rate. unless any know of a dealer who has they're zero7 rockers from acs. And as a side note I ordered the rear splash guards thinking they were acs as well, but they are gm and paid more for them than if I had just ordered them from my dealer :Beatdeadhorse:, altho did pay the xtra for the carbon flash paint.

Good Luck James finding a Canadian dealer for the rockers. I looked hard. And if they are not a CDN manufacturer, the part still comes from the US.... we get hooped... DId I say "hooped"... well... you know what I meant.... I ordered all just primed. I'm debating doing the plasti dip CF look-a-like paint job. If you haven't already, take a look at this...pretty kewl..... If I do, I'm gonna practice big time first....lol...

Caravaggio Corvette's are Canadian - and John does amazing work. Not sure if he makes rockers for Stingrays or not, but I installed his Stage 2 aero on my friend's C7Z06 this last fall and his products meet and exceed OEM for less money. Just be prepared to wait longer for the parts than he initially states.

Great to hear Bill. There's been a couple times I've craved but they haven't been bad.... There are triggers that we can avoid and triggers we can't. Just a matter of toughing through that couple minutes... Then we are good to go.... Congrats on the engine work.....

My Zero7 rockers and splash guards showed up this afternoon.... Woohooo......

Post pics Eric, and maybe any pointers on how to install them , ive watched the videos. Seems easy enuf to install the rockers, splash gaurds are no problem at all.
Guess I better get on ordering rockers, seems over inflated prices are the way its going to be... ill just suck it up and order them... Gas prices are down so maybe that'll will help haha..

no worries James. Unless I screw up royally, I will post pictures. If I do screw up, no one will ever hear from me again... :bathitshead:

Gonna check out Home depot as well... supposedly there's a carbon mist paint there as well.... sort of still leaning toward the plasti dip though... at least it comes off easy if I fail on the paint job.....

just kidding.... we can Photoshop that torch red hood of yours right in there no problem.... and lets be honest, no one's looking at the hood in Brian's avatar anyway....;)

haha, I have a bit too many hobbies and need one less - s**t, the dollar is going back up now. that sucks..... for me. :( Planned to enjoy the car for 2 years and sell it and now it has been 4 years.. I love the car, just my other sports car gets hardy driven.... not enough time to enjoy all things I own.

Brian

Hey Brian. We can all relate to those extra sports cars that get neglected..... Oh.... wait.... That was in my dreams.... lol.... Good on ya though.... Enviable situation :Cheers2:
Well hopefully you will grace us with your presence at Ponoka again this year whether you sell or not.

Eric

Rruuff - if you need any assistance/etc with installing the rockers on your car let me know. The Stage 2 Carbon fiber pieces were fairly simple that I installed on my friend's C7Z06 last fall - just need a drill w/correct bit and a rivet gun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread