MKinOntario

The Archangel Michael
Regular
C8 Completionist Award You're a Regular
Apr 22, 2023
VetteCoins
OK, just kidding.
Still, we do have a lot of music CDs that will need a "home on the range".
I plan on adding a portable CD player with a USB connection on one end to let me play them through the audio system. Is this possible? Will it work? Anyone else try this?
As a (unrelated) follow up, does the Z51 upgraded suspension really make a difference? I'm talking the magnetic ride adjusting option. Does anyone have any experience driving these little beasts, with and without it?

Cheers.

OK, just kidding.
Still, we do have a lot of music CDs that will need a "home on the range".
I plan on adding a portable CD player with a USB connection on one end to let me play them through the audio system. Is this possible? Will it work? Anyone else try this?
As a (unrelated) follow up, does the Z51 upgraded suspension really make a difference? I'm talking the magnetic ride adjusting option. Does anyone have any experience driving these little beasts, with and without it?

Cheers.
What's a CD?.... lmao.... just kidding. It's easy breezy to turn your CD music into MP4. I did it with 600 CD's while I was watching hockey games years ago on my laptop. Other than that, I would mention that I have 600 CD's that I would sell cheap.... ;)

What's a CD?.... lmao.... just kidding. It's easy breezy to turn your CD music into MP3 I did it with 600 CD's while I was watching hockey games years ago on my laptop. Other than that, I would mention that I have 600 CD's that I would sell cheap.... ;)
you turned your music into video? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, CD quality is better than any other portable source device, including vinyl, MP3/4, and streaming because the transfer sampling rate, bit depth, lossy vs. lossless files, and bitrate is as much as 4 times that of any of the others. More data in/out, better sound quality. Whether it is a tangible difference is another subjective issue.
Reasonably priced, compared to rental music, and you own them after you buy. I found this schpeeel on the net about CDs versus other sources, and I pretty much agree with it. Will I burn them onto an MP3 device? Maybe.
CDs are the most under-appreciated music format, fight me
Anyway, I'm probably going with plan A, to find a good portable disc player and figure our how to feed it into the onboard sound system.
Is it still mostly Bose?

Reactions: vintageracer
Watching mp3's on the screen could be very interesting.
I don't have a CD drive on the computer, but I'm sure something could be purchased to convert CD's to USB .
What's a CD drive on a computer???
Oddly enough, we still have a decommisioned mothballed HP laptop, that does have a removable disk drive, but the CPU dual core, and OS (Win7) is pretty slow.

What's a CD drive on a computer???
Oddly enough, we still have a decommisioned mothballed HP laptop, that does have a removable disk drive, but the CPU dual core, and OS (Win7) is pretty slow.
My laptop doesn't have a CD player but I still have a tower that accepts CD's. Opposed to that there lots of connectable plug and play CD players out there if needed,

• Happy
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I found a thread on another Corvette forum about either non or Z51 MSRC suspension upgrades.
I think I will leave that option in the build.
It gets rave reviews in all driving modes.

There is an auxilary input (3.5mm jack) in the center console. So your CD player will have to use the headphone jack.
I too always buy my music on CD. But then I convert them twice: once to MP3 at a high bit rate for the car, and once to FLAC lossless format for my home audio system.
I'm okay with MP3 in a car as there is simply too much background noise to warrant using any format with better resolution. I have around 7000 songs on my USB key plugged in to the center console. Way easier to play music then messing with a CD player, but to each their own.

Not sure about the C8 but if the CD player has a 8 pin or whatever port, you should be able to plug it in directly to the USB in your car and your infotainment unit will read and display on the screen as well. The headphone jack will just play through the speakers with no screen control. When I take my older Ipod, this is how I connect in my C7. Or if you can find a CD player with bluetooth, all the better and you can forget the wires and connections.

Who the fck can hear the difference at our age? Whats that Martha?
Along that same line, how do you communicate with the co-pilot in the HTC, top down, on the freeway?
Short of shouting at each other, and replying "whaaaaat?" every time - some sort of VOX equipped headsets?

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Along that same line, how do you communicate with the co-pilot in the HTC, top down, on the freeway?
Short of shouting at each other, and replying "whaaaaat?" every time - some sort of VOX equipped headsets?
That's very true although not always a bad thing. When she says your driving too fast you just say whaaaaat..every time... lol..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread