Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hi all, busy getting a portable repair kit together in case of a flat or slow leak on my C5. I managed to purchase one of the last dynaplug kits our guy out west had, which I received last week, now to find a portable jack that will work. On mine I have about 5 inches if that from floor to top edge. And if I have an all out flat that will not leave me much room at all. Any recommendations will greatly be appreciated.

Hi all, busy getting a portable repair kit together in case of a flat or slow leak on my C5. I managed to purchase one of the last dynaplug kits our guy out west had, which I received last week, now to find a portable jack that will work. On mine I have about 5 inches if that from floor to top edge. And if I have an all out flat that will not leave me much room at all. Any recommendations will greatly be appreciated.
Here is the link to the jack that has been tested and approved by three of our members.

Here is the test they did.

Well today we received over 10cm of snow in West Edmonton, so it was a great day to turn up the infrared heater and hang out in the garage. Had a visit from @SN-III and @ddgermann. I thought it was finally a great day to try out the slimline jack. With the vehicle on the ground with tires fully inflated, it took two 2"×6" stacked under the jack to give plenty of clearance for the front and rear tires to clear the ground. We did not raise the jack to the maximum height, but the jack was at just over half of it's extension for the tire to clear the ground. It was then figured that if the non runflats were flat, it would only take one 2"x6" under the jack to remove the wheels. Once your tire is plugged well, remount on the car, lower the jack and then fill the tire with your portable compressor. I will keep two 2x6's and one 1x6 in my trunk. A slightly routered area in one 2x6 for the jack to sit in may be a good idea so the jack can't slide at all. After some discussion, that should be all the blocks required for all jacking situations and non runflats and runflats. Once I get some blocks cut and routered, I will post the final pictures of what is required. @SN-III was taking the pictures and should hopefully be posting them of todays dry run soon. A great day and great results were found!

We always seem to be solving problems that a solution has already been found for. Yes I know this is an old picture but damn this would work could it not?

Very inventive I think.

67621603_2330334083907433_1136644879930097664_n.jpg

That light weight jack looks like it will do the job quite well, but do we have anybody in Canada that would have something similar, or is there a company in Canada that would sell it. I figure by the time the exchange rate is added in plus shipping, and border costs it will be one hell of expensive jack.
Our crappy dollar makes things no fun to buy south of the 49th. Doesn't look likes it's gonna get better any time soon. Big Business in Canada likes it like this. I agree that the jack in question is expensive to get home. I had one sent to my buddy in Bismarck. Going down there next weekend to visit and will bring it home a little cheaper. Shipping was cheaper too of course. There is another jack that the guys here were talking about when this subject came up a couple of years ago. I will include a link to display it. It was called an Audi scissor jack. MUCH cheaper. You can search it and find them for sale. The guy in the link thought it was a POS and I agree. I got one too back then to save money. It is harder to use because the crank doesn't have much leverage. But worse than that, the top broke off on mine with my car in the air and the jack came blasting out from under the car. I am glad I wasn't still right there. I would have sustained damage. Good thing I didn't have the wheel off too. It didn't look that stable so I wasn't going to try that at the time. It was just a jack test.

Here's the link

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.