Good idea. If we do some mod work that day do we qualify for triple time on our next pay cheque too?.. An extra 3 vettecoins would come in handy these days.... :Wacky:
:thumbs: I'd be happy to use my vette-coins to sponsor the inaugural event ...
I don't want to let out how many I have ... but I hope 350k would help cover it ???

Reactions: Nik
I am known for being one of those for not walking away from some of the most challenging tasks …

0E6BB288-1913-4744-882E-75F7D27FCA4C.jpeg

November 11th 2021 …
On Remembrance Day, I am thinking of those who I knew and did not know … who stepped forward in the past and acted without selfishness … for the Freedom that I have been able to live and prosper with.
Knowing how important this unselfish individual action was for the good of overall Community, may we all act with similar decisions whenever our overall livelihood is being threatened. 🇨🇦 🙏🏻

Old School repairs … I remember when…..
We have a feature table lamp in the house that cost us well over $400 - and so that is what I was told it cost 😂
The damn pull chain on one of the two bulbs stopped working. In the “disposable era” gone are the days of the electrical repair man (tv’s, toasters, lamps & whatnot). Thank god I grew up in that time and was close to my grandfather who tinkered with pretty much everything. He would buy something just to take it apart to see how it works and then put it together again.
Too many are being raised today to just work at a desk and live the life of throw it out and just buy something else.
Now, not everything from the past is safe to use regularly today. Especially when it comes to electrical devices. So how can one tell? Simply look for ULC and/or CSA on the item. Chances are, with that it is safe to use in a particular environment and under reasonable conditions.
So my thought of this came today. Repair and expensive table lamp or throw it out. I had an idea what I needed and the part is within a part at home depot. Unless you are old school, how would one know?
So, in the shadow of my Grandfather’s Spirit, I bought a part to take it apart. To claim a piece of it for fixing the lamp. After a few minutes and careful dismantling and reassembly, the lamp is as good as new. $6.29 with tax.
An overall good day as I already knew that one must unplug the lamp before taking it apart - this only takes once to know that 😂

Completed the pull chain/socket component swap. Switched out the pull chain (as to keep the lamp original looking). The lamp is used regularly by my Wife and she is quite satisfied. She still will not disclose the actual price of the table lamp … but this successful repair should result in an awesome dinner tonight 😇🙏🏻

… hence the “thought” and the “food” … 🤣
and yes, plenty of old schoolers on this forum doing similar 👍🏻

9DD516CE-6902-426A-9AD3-9204A6D41CEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Old School repairs … I remember when…..
We have a feature table lamp in the house that cost us well over $400 - and so that is what I was told it cost 😂
The damn pull chain on one of the two bulbs stopped working. In the “disposable era” gone are the days of the electrical repair man (tv’s, toasters, lamps & whatnot). Thank god I grew up in that time and was close to my grandfather who tinkered with pretty much everything. He would buy something just to take it apart to see how it works and then put it together again.
Too many are being raised today to just work at a desk and live the life of throw it out and just buy something else.
Now, not everything from the past is safe to use regularly today. Especially when it comes to electrical devices. So how can one tell? Simply look for ULC and/or CSA on the item. Chances are, with that it is safe to use in a particular environment and under reasonable conditions.
So my thought of this came today. Repair and expensive table lamp or throw it out. I had an idea what I needed and the part is within a part at home depot. Unless you are old school, how would one know?
So, in the shadow of my Grandfather’s Spirit, I bought a part to take it apart. To claim a piece of it for fixing the lamp. After a few minutes and careful dismantling and reassembly, the lamp is as good as new. $6.29 with tax.
An overall good day as I already knew that one must unplug the lamp before taking it apart - this only takes once to know that 😂

Completed the pull chain/socket component swap. Switched out the pull chain (as to keep the lamp original looking). The lamp is used regularly by my Wife and she is quite satisfied. She still will not disclose the actual price of the table lamp … but this successful repair should result in an awesome dinner tonight 😇🙏🏻

… hence the “thought” and the “food” … 🤣
and yes, plenty of old schoolers on this forum doing similar 👍🏻

View attachment 90310
And hopefully those "old schoolers" have been able to pass on some of the knowledge/wisdom, whatever you want to call it, to their younguns

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
And hopefully those "old schoolers" have been able to pass on some of the knowledge/wisdom, whatever you want to call it, to their younguns
My daughters learnt to repair things before they learnt to cook. One of my grandsons always phones grandpa to see if it can be repaired. At 74 I will always take something apart and see if it can be repaired, and I can usually find what I need in the garage. Marvelous how many neighbours ask if I have something. Hope I can do the same with my wife's 86 vette convertible

Reactions: LE BARON and YFCvii
The action(s) and inaction(s) of the current Fed Gov is making Canadians poorer. Fell into the pit during covid and now with post-covid supply issues and deeper with the recent very high BofC interest rate hikes. Business of mine is pretty much gone. Now realizing that prized possessions are in jeopardy of liquidation in order to secure other personal assets from the same fate. Gotta do what one has to do.
Realizing that I will never ever be able to source these in their condition again … it really feels like being one’s own executor quite honestly.
I already really really selfishly miss two things that are forever gone unless I’m willing to buy used junk - nobody will care for some things like I do. Whatta bummer …
People must be lined up to take advantage of really nice stuff like mine as this was gone in the Spring in less than 7 days - it’s really missed 😞

82EE4980-C479-475C-81FE-8B1C2D7E7AFF.jpeg

Last edited: