The article is flawed as it does not indicate whether the units were delivered to end customers or exporters.

My analysis of the figures are based on historical proprietary aftermarket data. Manufacturers sell to resellers that can dramatically alter this data.

• Haha
Reactions: Maximus74
I think "historically speaking" and regardless of "resellers" Canada has always been the #2 market for Corvettes, behind the States with the States having roughly 10X our population and a lot of "car buffs" who proudly like to support a "made-in-USA" vehicle. But we have our fair share of Corvette fans here, as evidenced by these Forums. And very few of my friends who bought C8's flipped them out-of-country. Almost all who did sold within Canada to private buyers eager to drive a C8. It's fun to ship a car overseas, both cost-wise and to comply with (for example) regulations in Europe and the UK. We have an established network of GM dealers in Canada, as opposed to what's overseas in other countries and that helps support sales here in Canada as well. Then there's a lot more focus by car nuts outside of North America with the German brands like Porsche, BMW and Mercedes or Italian brands like Ferrari and Lamborghini or England's Aston Martin and McLaren (for example).

Now having said that, we have GM targeting these overseas markets for C8 sales and for the first time, manufacturing a right-hand drive Corvette to specifically cater to some of those countries. I expect the numbers of Corvettes sent outside of North America will change because of those factors but it remains to be seen how much of a dent in sales this actually makes. I've been surprised at how much money it costs for buyers in these other countries to purchase a C8; it looks like we get a lot better "bang for our buck" buying a C8 than buyers outside of North America and the higher pricing they face may cause many to remain loyal to their traditional non-GM sport car brands. My 2 cents.

I think "historically speaking" and regardless of "resellers" Canada has always been the #2 market for Corvettes, behind the States with the States having roughly 10X our population and a lot of "car buffs" who proudly like to support a "made-in-USA" vehicle. But we have our fair share of Corvette fans here, as evidenced by these Forums. And very few of my friends who bought C8's flipped them out-of-country. Almost all who did sold within Canada to private buyers eager to drive a C8. It's fun to ship a car overseas, both cost-wise and to comply with (for example) regulations in Europe and the UK. We have an established network of GM dealers in Canada, as opposed to what's overseas in other countries and that helps support sales here in Canada as well. Then there's a lot more focus by car nuts outside of North America with the German brands like Porsche, BMW and Mercedes or Italian brands like Ferrari and Lamborghini or England's Aston Martin and McLaren (for example).

Now having said that, we have GM targeting these overseas markets for C8 sales and for the first time, manufacturing a right-hand drive Corvette to specifically cater to some of those countries. I expect the numbers of Corvettes sent outside of North America will change because of those factors but it remains to be seen how much of a dent in sales this actually makes. I've been surprised at how much money it costs for buyers in these other countries to purchase a C8; it looks like we get a lot better "bang for our buck" buying a C8 than buyers outside of North America and the higher pricing they face may cause many to remain loyal to their traditional non-GM sport car brands. My 2 cents.
Yes, several Carribean countries apply a 100% duty on imported cars. And that's after shipping costs. So a C8 will run $200k+ CAD. In most cases, it's to discourage any more cars being brought in to their overcrowded small streets.

I can sell you the data for a modest price of $3 million that includes a forecasting system. (No source code and outdated data)

The F350 I have that was imported from QC made every mechanic across Canada laugh.

My post was actually a serious offer for anyone who has it.

At least you make us laugh... 🤣🤣🤣

And take a look at this Chevrolet Corvette Sales Numbers
GenerationCorvette Model YearTotal Production
C8202126,216
C8202020,368
C7201934,822

Canadian Allotment,
I'm surprised we received higher percentage with C8 then C7

YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecTotal

Yup it was announced last week that GM are stripping it from all orders. No ETA given for replacement
Who announced it? It is not on the web site!

Distribution Updates​

Updates for Corvette​

Week of 1/24/2022​

Effective 1/24/2022, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Exterior section-(ZF1) Aero delete, updated extended description to now read "removes (T0A) Z51 rear spoiler and front splitter from Z51 Performance Package".
  • Exterior section-(5ZU) LPO, High wing spoiler, updated footnote 1 to now read "Requires exterior color (G8G) Arctic White, (GBA) Black or (GKZ) Torch Red. Not available with 5V5, 5ZZ. Deletes (T0A) Z51 rear spoiler when ordered with (Z51) Z51 Performance Package."
  • Exterior section-(5V5) LPO, High wing spoiler, Visible Carbon Fiber, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available at start of production. Not available with 5ZU, 5ZZ. Deletes (T0A) Z51 rear spoiler when ordered with (Z51) Z51 Performance Package."
  • Exterior section-(5ZZ) LPO, High wing spoiler, Carbon Flash Metallic-painted, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with 5V5, 5ZU. Deletes (T0A) Z51 rear spoiler when ordered with (Z51) Z51 Performance Package."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.