Could a road trip to aforementioned hoist be arranged? I'm going to Northgate within the month for my service requirements and with some notice,could we have a look at this issue? I have a Ford shirt you can have :Biggrin: for any trouble.
cool

I have the hoist... we can use your car as a tester and I will learn from your mistakes ;) kidding.

B
Great idea! Lets have a Hoist Party! Can I be second? lol ! Sorry though, I don't have any FORD shirts in my closet :)

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I had the same problem on my C6. If I remember correctly those 2 bolts have those clip style nuts attached to the body panel, there wasn't a nut on the inside you need to worry about holding. I removed and reinstalled the bolts without issue. You will be amazed at the amount of gravel that will fall out of that area.
I've had the gravel issue on my C6 and just loosened or removed them (don't remember), pushed out the gravel and re-fastened. No issues.

Google says we are about an hour from Downtown Edmonton. We should all be good for 10:30 - 11:00 Sunday
Here's the map from Edmonton to MaMeO. You will pass a CO-OP gas station in Falun on Highway 13 that has
Premium for less than $1 per liter ... so that you know
EDM-to-MaMeO.jpg

Take the Second turn-off from Highway 13 to Ma-Me-O Beach
(you can see the highway used to loop around and pass Ma-Me-O before the straight road was put in)
Coming into Ma-Me-O take a road in past the Day-Park (2nd road in)
Then 1 block in is the only Beach Road (1 Ave)
Double back until you get to "HERE-TIZ"
925 - 1 Ave (Beach Road) Ma-Me-O Beach
You will see a Tri-color White Sierra & Tri-color White Acadia
Hwy13-to-HereTizCabin.jpg

I've had the gravel issue on my C6 and just loosened or removed them (don't remember), pushed out the gravel and re-fastened. No issues.

Thanks G-Force. My mind has been put at ease now. Appreciate the input of you guys who have fixed the issues on your C6s. Brent,Brian and myself can breathe a sigh of relief knowing it can be removed.

Take the Second turn-off from Highway 13 to Ma-Me-O Beach
(you can see the highway used to loop around and pass Ma-Me-O before the straight road was put in)
Coming into Ma-Me-O take a road in past the Day-Park (2nd road in)
Then 1 block in is the only Beach Road (1 Ave)
Double back until you get to "HERE-TIZ"
925 - 1 Ave (Beach Road) Ma-Me-O Beach
You will see a Tri-color White Sierra & Tri-color White Acadia
View attachment 10177
Thanks for great directions, modern technology is something else - looking forward to our visit today!

Is it possible to run a bead of silicone to fill the gap where they get in? I realize this is something that would need to be redone once or twice a year, but might be worth it??

Is it possible to run a bead of silicone to fill the gap where they get in? I realize this is something that would need to be redone once or twice a year, but might be worth it??
I believe that might be plausible but the problem lies inside the wheel well. One has to prevent the rocks from getting down to where they show in the seam. To do that,the inner liner needs to be beefed up a bit. Much easier to do with the rear wheels off.

I was at my buddy's place last week and we looked at this issue on his 2011GS coupe.
I stopped by the other day and he had done as you thought DUB.
He siliconed the inner fender panel to the inner fender lip with a big bead of clear.
Looks like it might solve his problem.

Graham

I was at my buddy's place last week and we looked at this issue on his 2011GS coupe.
I stopped by the other day and he had done as you thought DUB.
He siliconed the inner fender panel to the inner fender lip with a big bead of clear.
Looks like it might solve his problem.

Graham
That's what I'd like to do before the bolts go back in. Then,fix up the wheel well liner with the cylindrical foam.

The silicone to stop them from showing in the seam. The foam to keep them out in the first place.

IMG_0805.JPG
I would not silicone the seam.. I would want to know if any depris is getting in there.
I thought that silicone in the inner fender area was a bit aggressive... but probably the best.
You may have luck locating some cylindrical foam seal at a motor home repair shop.
I got some there to use as a front hood seal my '03'..they had several sizes. Peel and stick.
An inexpensive method that might work.

Graham

View attachment 10225 I would not silicone the seam.. I would want to know if any deprisnwas getting in there.
I thought that silicone in the inner fender area was a bit aggressive... but probably the best.
You may have luck locating some cylindrical foam seal at a motor home repair shop.
I got some there to use as a front hood seal my '03'..they had several sizes. Peel and stick.

Graham
Exactly !! Thanks Graham.

View attachment 10225 I would not silicone the seam.. I would want to know if any depris is getting in there.

Graham

Sorry, I should've explained my thoughts better.....I'm not talking about where the stones lie, I'm asking if there is anyway to do a bead of silicone to close the area where they get into there? I have no idea what that would entail, I'm just thinking there must be a way of blocking the stones at the entry point.

Reactions: nascar03
Sorry, I should've explained my thoughts better.....I'm not talking about where the stones lie, I'm asking if there is anyway to do a bead of silicone to close the area where they get into there? I have no idea what that would entail, I'm just thinking there must be a way of blocking the stones at the entry point.
Hey Dub. I see what you're saying. I think we have to get in behind to see if either silicone or the foam the Graham put up would work. Maybe both !! That'd seal it up nice. Here's a little vid showing what I'm trying to say. Hard hats recommended for falling boulders.

Reactions: Brent08
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread