Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
IMG_1958.JPG
IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_1955.JPG
IMG_1957.JPG
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only C6 owner with this issue. My question is,are the 2 plastic bolts holding the inner plastic wheel well liner attached from behind? You can see them in the first and second pic. Do they have clips on the backside which fingers can't get at when re-attaching ? I've been told how to remove this but am leery of undoing those screws and have them not go back in,and stay. Any help/comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: Brent08
Graham, I knew Mike took those pictures because he showed off his new phone case a couple of weeks ago. The reflection does not lie!!!

Amazing how much debris is collected in the body panel joint. On the C5 the wheel well area in front of the wheel collects that kind of stuff as well but not the body panels. That stuff if left there could do some serious damage to the paint and the panels.

Does it wash out Mike or do you have to pick it out?

Reactions: Riley P
We were looking at my buddy's 2011GS the other day and saw all these gravel bits in the same location.
It appears they enter inside the wheelwell near the top just ahead of the rear wheel.
Then they fall inside the fender panel and show up at the joint shown in the picture.

Just when I thought this was C6 issue I checked my ride..and there it is ..
A super large boulder!
(Please ignore the paint chip). Focus on the boulder!

IMG_0785.JPG
IMG_0786.JPG

Graham

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I have tried picking it out....... not easy

If anyone has tips let us know here.

B
See those 2 bolts Brian ? Supposedly,those pop/screw out and the inner plastic can be pushed aside and one can reach in and scoop it out. I've yet to try as I'm worried there's a clip behind and once the screws are removed,will only spin and not bind tight when I put em back in. And yes,the gravel gets in between the inner lip of the fender and the plastic wheel well liner,for lack of a better name. A solution I've read about is to stuff some of that white cylindrical foam along the inside with some double sided tape.

Graham's location of those arrows is exactly where it's getting in there.

Graham, I knew Mike took those pictures because he showed off his new phone case a couple of weeks ago. The reflection does not lie!!!

Amazing how much debris is collected in the body panel joint. On the C5 the wheel well area in front of the wheel collects that kind of stuff as well but not the body panels. That stuff if left there could do some serious damage to the paint and the panels.

Does it wash out Mike or do you have to pick it out?
It just sort of sits there Murray. If I bang the rocker on the underside,some falls out. I'm guessing I might be a small dump truck with the amount I have on both sides.

How much gravel are you guys driving on!?! Next, you're good to say you've had your cars out in the rain! :p

I would suggest you go to a dealership. Test drive a C6. At some point, see if you can remove the panel. If it doesn't bolt right back up, when you get back, complain about the roads and Chev's build quality. :D.....or you could send Manny a message as he takes Corvettes apart and puts them back together all the time.

It's funny that I've had my car on a few different gravel roads due to highway detours but have never noticed this. I'm afraid to go look!

Last edited:
I never go on unpaved road and I still pick up all these rocks. From under the car you will have to blow some air or water inside the rocker panels, they are open at both ends and they collect a lots on sand, rocks and other road debris. Car have to be on a hoist or lifted high enough so you can almost crowl under to see where the openings are, If you have side skirts with the rear splash guard (the one in front of the rear wheels) you will have to unscrew them (the splash guards) once in a while to remove debris squeze between them and the quarter panels. The tires on these cars are pretty sticky, they pick up everytings and trow them is every openings and on body panels.

Wowsers.... I have 2 km of gravel and you now have me wondering where gravel might be hiding in the C7... I am pretty meticulous when I detail and like Murray, I as well never noticed this on my C6...Sort of glad this never came up while I owned it...lol... My 2 km of gravel was given grave consideration before I purchased my first Corvette but my choices were limited.... I either own the car that I love or I settle for a Porsche or something... :rolleyes:.... trust me though....It's the longest 2 km there ever was.....

Oh me Nerves :eek: I don't get back home until the 27th at the earliest. Now I am sitting here trying to remember if I have anything caught there :WillyNilly:
Sorry 12cents. It was one of the things I noticed when I bought my car Mar 16/2014. It wasn't near as bad as it is now but I had looked at 2 other C6s a couple of days after I looked at mine and they were they similar. Every C6 I've seen since,it's the first thing I look at and we all have it.

Just run a bead of wazz in that gap. Or......:Stop: and stay off the damn gravel Mike!!:Pistolsmiley:

Bill
Sadly I have no choice. Lol. If I were on a paving crew though !! That'll be a vid I'll make soon. My adventures pulling my car out of the alley anytime I go for a drive. You'll see firsthand the stress I go through. Lol.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread