Sorry 12cents. It was one of the things I noticed when I bought my car Mar 16/2014. It wasn't near as bad as it is now but I had looked at 2 other C6s a couple of days after I looked at mine and they were they similar. Every C6 I've seen since,it's the first thing I look at and we all have it.

TBH, I suspect I don't have much there if any. I avoid gravel roads like the plague although I do get caught in the occasional road construction area and I am meticulous when I am cleaning the car. Something like that would drive me insane.

View attachment 10117 View attachment 10118 View attachment 10115 View attachment 10116 I'm pretty sure I'm not the only C6 owner with this issue. My question is,are the 2 plastic bolts holding the inner plastic wheel well liner attached from behind? You can see them in the first and second pic. Do they have clips on the backside which fingers can't get at when re-attaching ? I've been told how to remove this but am leery of undoing those screws and have them not go back in,and stay. Any help/comments are appreciated. Thanks.

YIKES! I just went out and looked at mine and I have the same problem! I've never noticed this when washing the car as when you are standing up and looking down it is not visible. It is certainly there when you lower yourself to ground level and look straight at it. Now this is going to drive me crazy. We'll have to figure a way to get those pebbles out of there. Has anyone unbolted those two fasteners Mike has mentioned?

YIKES! I just went out and looked at mine and I have the same problem! I've never noticed this when washing the car as when you are standing up and looking down it is not visible. It is certainly there when you lower yourself to ground level and look straight at it. Now this is going to drive me crazy. We'll have to figure a way to get those pebbles out of there. Has anyone unbolted those two fasteners Mike has mentioned?
When we were all stopped at sask crossing and most of you went in for lunch,I was going to look at the C6s for this issue but never got around to it.

Supposedly,when those 2 fasteners are removed,it gives you access in behind there. My concern is once those are removed,will they back up tight again,or just spin. I'd like to take my back wheels off and get in there with a spoon.

Reactions: Brent08
Maybe there's a "james bond" button somewhere guys that you can push to release them "boulders" whenever there is a "yahoo" posturing you from behind !!!

... all joking aside, should anyone decide to take on the task of "C6 Boulder Removal", take some pictures as you do it and share

IMG_2053.PNG
Maybe there's a "james bond" button
Presto !! The mysterious console button recently seen. The secret has been revealed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent08 and YFCvii
When we were all stopped at sask crossing and most of you went in for lunch,I was going to look at the C6s for this issue but never got around to it.

Supposedly,when those 2 fasteners are removed,it gives you access in behind there. My concern is once those are removed,will they back up tight again,or just spin. I'd like to take my back wheels off and get in there with a spoon.
Yes I agree with the panel removal fear. Nothing worse than loose fasteners. I'll try to take a better look Saturday when I've got some time. I still can believe I've got all those rocks in there and I never noticed it before!

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Yes I agree with the panel removal fear. Nothing worse than loose fasteners. I'll try to take a better look Saturday. I still can believe I've
Got all those rocks in there and
I never noticed it before!
Run your finger on the inside of the fender lip Brent. From front to back. If the inner liner isn't flush,as is mine. That's where they're getting in.

Us short guys see it easier! ;) LOL

We need to try seal/block the way they are entering. I have a hoist to look at ideas..... just never enough free time :(

B

Us short guys see it easier! ;) LOL

We need to try seal/block the way they are entering. I have a hoist to look at ideas..... just never enough free time :(

B
Could a road trip to aforementioned hoist be arranged? I'm going to Northgate within the month for my service requirements and with some notice,could we have a look at this issue? I have a Ford shirt you can have :Biggrin: for any trouble.

Could a road trip to aforementioned hoist be arranged? I'm going to Northgate within the month for my service requirements and with some notice,could we have a look at this issue? I have a Ford shirt you can have :Biggrin: for any trouble.

ha

ya, could do that Would be the second LMB Z06 on that hoist..... haha

I am in Florida from Aug 3-12 so not then.

Don't trust any Calgary dealers??

B

ha

ya, could do that Would be the second LMB Z06 on that hoist..... haha

I am in Florida from Aug 3-12 so not then.

Don't trust any Calgary dealers??

B
I don't think any dealers offer rock removal service. I'm guessing owners are on their own with that issue. I'll PM you later today Brian. After work.

I don't think any dealers offer rock removal service. I'm guessing owners are on their own with that issue. I'll PM you later today Brian. After work.

No, that is custom work.

Has anyone seen this posted on the USA forum? I don't have time to go to that one. Guess I could sign in and search there one time.

It is annoying to see the pebbles.

If you could seal the area ( if it not for any other type of air movement )... that would be nice.

B

No, that is custom work.

Has anyone seen this posted on the USA forum? I don't have time to go to that one. Guess I could sign in and search there one time.

It is annoying to see the pebbles.

If you could seal the area ( if it not for any other type of air movement )... that would be nice.

B
I know how to seal the area.

Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
I had the same problem on my C6. If I remember correctly those 2 bolts have those clip style nuts attached to the body panel, there wasn't a nut on the inside you need to worry about holding. I removed and reinstalled the bolts without issue. You will be amazed at the amount of gravel that will fall out of that area.

I had the same problem on my C6. If I remember correctly those 2 bolts have those clip style nuts attached to the body panel, there wasn't a nut on the inside you need to worry about holding. I removed and reinstalled the bolts without issue. You will be amazed at the amount of gravel that will fall out of that area.
That is good news about the clips, like the others I was apprehensive about removing the bolts and not being able to securely re-attach.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Thanks grundy. That's the reply I was both looking and hoping for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread