67HEAVEN

Regular
2 You're 10
Aug 23, 2010
Southcentral Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1967 BBC coupe
Some time ago, I stopped posting on the "other" forums. I feel much more comfortable right here at home.

I'd like to thank you, Riley, for creating this Canadian site where I can have conversations with level-headed people...well most of them are anyway. :D

I've read some of the threads "down there" in the last few days related to what happened in Newtown and it boggles the mind. The very people who seem to be in love with their guns, and are stock-piling ammo, seem to be among those who shouldn't have access to guns at all.

All you have to do is read some of the bizarre things they say to realize that.

Anyway, thanks for this little piece of the GREAT White North, Riley. Let's keep it different.

:canada:

I'll second that. So glad I found this place. Our Vettes are a common bond but I think our nationality is the one ingredient that really makes this site so good. And it doesn't matter what our background or beliefs are; we seem to all find a common ground. Here's to Riley for starting it all!
[mob][/mob]

Amen on that.
and yes thanks to Riley -- we take him, and this site, for granted, mostly, and it's easy to ignore all the work and expense involved with having a fun place to hang, with such {mostly:D} level headed people who's interests are more in terms of cars and performance than guns and ammo.

Thanks Riley.

C.

Awe shucks guys. Thanks very much! I didn't actually start the site, but one of my friends along with a couple other people who just loved Corvettes. I have been the most active however, keeping my eyes on things. But you guys all make the job super easy and enjoyable!...did I say job? Hahahahaha. I mean task or...um....basically, I just hang out but I like it because of all of you guys!

I think a special thanks should really go out to Manny as he came on here early and has been an awesome resource for us!

agreed riley; the time that manny devotes here to supplying great info is invaluable. so many business people today fail to realize that taking an active interest in potential customers while also having a little fun produces great results. manny has a good grasp on this and it is reflected in a loyal following. how many times on this forum do we see new folks directed to dasilva and be grateful for that ? top notch work as well as a great atmosphere ? rare indeed.

We do have a rare and valuable allround interest here. I'm sure other forums and groups are envious of that.

Cheers to all especially Manny and his gang. They allow us to act out many of our dreams.

C.

As a member for only six months now, I'd like to thank all again for your hospitality, information and friendliness since I've been here.
On another note, Riley have you ever thought of printing out everything and making at least a soft cover book out of it? You have everything thing in place as in chapters , headings etc. already. Just something more to keep you occupied. ( all in jest of course). As the kids would say LOL...

As a sidenote... The B.C. Corvette Club states on it's website that after one has gone to three of their meetings will they then decide if they will accept you as a member to their club etc. That statement alone turned me right off. Might be missing on events here, but am the happier for it though.
Riley, too bad spellcheck couldn't be added to the posts and replies (as a one finger typer, I can't look up and type at the same time).
Al...

Last edited:
As a member for only six months now, I'd like to thank all again for your hospitality, information and friendliness since I've been here.
On another note, Riley have you ever thought of printing out everything and making at least a soft cover book out of it? You have everything thing in place as in chapters , headings etc. already. Just something more to keep you occupied. ( all in jest of course). As the kids would say LOL...

As a sidenote... The B.C. Corvette Club states on it's website that after one has gone to three of their meetings will they then decide if they will accept you as a member to their club etc. That statement alone turned me right off. Might be missing on events here, but am the happier for it though.
Riley, too bad spellcheck couldn't be added to the posts and replies (as a one finger typer, I can't look up and type at the same time).
Al...

No worries Al -- what's a few misspelled words among friends......

Those kind of things are quite low on the priority list with these fine people who have so much more to offer than good grammar.

C.

If not showing up in the browser you are using, then you may have to D/L a plug in for that browser......

Aha, in Google Chrome......
Adjust spell-checker settings

This section below is applicable to Windows and Linux only

- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Languages" section, click Languages and spell-checker settings.
- In the Languages and Input dialog that appears, use the "Enable spell checking" checkbox to turn the spell-checker on or off.

Thanks Brian,
That abc icon is small I just didn't notice it. I use the ABC all the time when emailing. Duh..Again thanks.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble a car and 1 nut to scatter it all over the road

Last edited:
Its kinda funny that I talk to Riley as much on here as I do in real life since we see each other every week or so. Must mean its a great place to hang out. I am not on here as much as when the site started but I still do (at least a quick) check every other day to see whats up. Still love it here!

And to think this started as a Sask. site only!

T

Ah! who nedes speeling anyway! We are all on here to enjoy ourselves! However, there have been a couple people that we just couldn't understand as they didn't have capitals, punctuation, and spelling was very difficult to decipher. We had to ask for them to clear it up, not to be dicks, but just so we could understand what they were asking so we could help them with their question. You Al, are absolutely dandy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.