Apr 2, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Z51
Province
ON
Those of you who did PPF, ceramics and other cosmetic changes, did you bother telling your insurance? Supposedly that increases the car value and if you want full payout the premiums should also increase, but I wonder if it is worth it.

If anyone has done I wonder percentage-wise how much did your premiums increase.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I wouldn't say anything.
Just accept that if your car is written off, and you get a new one paid for by your current insurer at your current premium levels as fair replacement value, you can add PPF later.
The premium savings will pay for it, probably.

Talk to your insurer but mine told me the amount I paid for the car, didn't affect my premiums. Perhaps it does after a certain value, but it didn't for my C8's.
Unbless you have certain options. I have replacement value on mine. If written off I get a brand new 2024 C8. I think that option gets too expensive after 3 years, but I still have it right now.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Seems like "replacement value" would be a good option, if not completely price prohibitive.
If the premium extras would help buy a new car, minus/plus insured regular depreciation value of the write off, is it still worth it?
Corvettes are among, or lead, the highest rated hold/resale value as determined by industry studies.
Insurance companies could probably care less, based on actuarial charts and studies.
Hard to say which one is better....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.