Featured Thread
I was shooting some video today for my TBSS memories, and wanted to capture some exhaust sound.

Even my camera couldn't keep up. :(

My first thought was.... I wonder if he's got that tethered or not ?? I've yet to use my suction cup anywhere on the outside of my car. Cool vid J. Lol. You should snap a shot of the housing now after some road rash. Not busted up is it?

I've been really torn about the idea of tethering the cameras to my car. The tether needs to be short enough that the cameras won't hit the ground, but I also don't want it smacking against my paint either. The suction cup mount that I used in the video above was mounted on the edge of the bumper, and did curve a bit under the cup which is why it let go. I tugged at it and it held nicely, so I thought I'd try it. The damage to the mount and the casing was so insignificant that I can't even get decent pictures of it. It was nothing at all to be concerned about. They really are quite sturdy. I do think that I am going to invest in a few Tiles though, so that if they do fall off, I can track them and find them a bit easier. I am more concerned about not being able to find a camera if it falls off than I am with it being damaged.

Reactions: Tinman
I've been really torn about the idea of tethering the cameras to my car. The tether needs to be short enough that the cameras won't hit the ground, but I also don't want it smacking against my paint either. The suction cup mount that I used in the video above was mounted on the edge of the bumper, and did curve a bit under the cup which is why it let go. I tugged at it and it held nicely, so I thought I'd try it. The damage to the mount and the casing was so insignificant that I can't even get decent pictures of it. It was nothing at all to be concerned about. They really are quite sturdy. I do think that I am going to invest in a few Tiles though, so that if they do fall off, I can track them and find them a bit easier. I am more concerned about not being able to find a camera if it falls off than I am with it being damaged.

I might give mine a go on Tuesday maybe. I've got an DIY idea I want to try with a piece of utility cord that might work. And keep it off the paint too.I might try it on the hood,just in front of the wipers and use one of them as the tether point. So,if it comes off,hopefully just be sitting in there and not banging around. More on this endeavour shortly. Lots of $$ hanging there.

The Thrill Of Victory The Agony Of Defeat. I wondered where that video was heading but did not expect the insanity of the pile up that followed.:Biggrin:

Unbelievable that it suffered no real damage. Have to agree with you on tethering and possible paint damage. This social media world is not always easy.

Great stuff.:Cheers2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.