Feb 2, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette Grand Sport
Province
BC
I am going to be changing the battery in my Corvette soon. A quick couple of questions for the group, Usually I keep my battery tender on the car side of the cables when I pull the battery to keep some power going into the car so I do not loose any of the memory or settings. Is this the right way to do it or does it even matter if I just disconnect and hook up a new battery without doing that. If i just do the disconnect do I have to reset anything when the new battery is installed?

I am going to be changing the battery in my Corvette soon. A quick couple of questions for the group, Usually I keep my battery tender on the car side of the cables when I pull the battery to keep some power going into the car so I do not loose any of the memory or settings. Is this the right way to do it or does it even matter if I just disconnect and hook up a new battery without doing that. If i just do the disconnect do I have to reset anything when the new battery is installed?
Battery swap is pretty straight forward. Be careful when pulling up the carpet that covers the battery compartment, it's tightly tucked under the wheel cover and will tear easily. Use a flat. wide trim tool to lightly pry up on the cover and pull out the carpet. Remove the hardware as necessary, be aware of the small, negative wire attached to the ground cable as it is easily broken.

No need to attach your battery maintainer, everything should stay in memory except the window indexing which is really easy to do. Lots of "how to's" online like this one.

Battery swap is pretty straight forward. Be careful when pulling up the carpet that covers the battery compartment, it's tightly tucked under the wheel cover and will tear easily. Use a flat. wide trim tool to lightly pry up on the cover and pull out the carpet. Remove the hardware as necessary, be aware of the small, negative wire attached to the ground cable as it is easily broken.

No need to attach your battery maintainer, everything should stay in memory except the window indexing which is really easy to do. Lots of "how to's" online like this one.
Thanks so much for your comments not having to hook up the battery maintainer makes things much easier.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.