I don't know anymore seems like the June allocation may be hit and miss as all orders below 3000 likely won't be built.
They have 27 days of production left for 2021 model year. It seems dealers are reluctant to tell customers the actual status.
Accepted by production control is the key as it is assigning one of the 4400 vehicle left to be built for 2021 to your order.
I am not an expert here but this is what know from following the conversations. Cheers

Does Chevy/GM guarantee orders once at 2000, even if they have to bump to next model year?
The dealer may automatically move you into 2022 but they will need to assign your order to an allocation.
Any orders moving to 2022 are not price protected and try to stay under a 100k as in Jan 2022. The country gets a new luxury tax of 10% flat on top of all other taxes on vehicles over 100k.

The dealer may automatically move you into 2022 but they will need to assign your order to an allocation.
Any orders moving to 2022 are not price protected and try to stay under a 100k as in Jan 2022. The country gets a new luxury tax of 10% flat on top of all other taxes on vehicles over 100k.
apparently I am flagged by GM as an exporter as I sold my 2020 vette to a used car dealership. Car is still in Ontario and staying in Ontario. I purchased the 2020 new of the lot (lucked out) last August. I loved the car but wanted some different options and colour so ordered a new one in May to have exactly what I wanted. Maybe time for a different brand!

Yup cause that is how the exporters work they get people to buy cars and then buy them in and export.
The used car dealer may be tagged as an exporter. You may not be the exporter but you probably made some coin and had one of the first C8's for a year. I am still waiting for my first one like 1000's of others so yup back to the end of the line or another brand.
Good luck hunting for that next ride ;)

Yup cause that is how the exporters work they get people to buy cars and then buy them in and export.
The used car dealer may be tagged as an exporter. You may not be the exporter but you probably made some coin and had one of the first C8's for a year. I am still waiting for my first one like 1000's of others so yup back to the end of the line or another brand.
Good luck hunting for that next ride ;)
It is not being exported as I knew that if exported it would flag me for a new purchase. Lots of cars out there to purchase so it will be a short hunt. Still at the front of the line. Lol

I had got a June allocation and just got my TPW today, August 9th, Hold on if you are at 3000 it is suppose to get built
I got one of the June Easter Eggs, and today got a pretty amazing shock. Didn't expect it but the car arrived at the dealer this afternoon. Now scurrying to get the details sorted to go pick up

Attachments

• 1628172683213.jpg
    1628172683213.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 1628172665656.jpg
    1628172665656.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 35
  • 1628173050291.jpg
    1628173050291.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 35
Well my error, didn't see the attachment/screenshot the dealer sent me last week, but it looks like I am sitting at event code 3000!! Does this mean I will be getting a 2021, sure hope so. Does anybody know the typical time from TPW to arriving at the dealer in Alberta?

Reactions: Crzynot2
Well my error, didn't see the attachment/screenshot the dealer sent me last week, but it looks like I am sitting at event code 3000!! Does this mean I will be getting a 2021, sure hope so. Does anybody know the typical time from TPW to arriving at the dealer in Alberta?
Good news you should get a TPW really soon. Bad news car should arrive jus time for winter :)
I expect 4-6 weeks at least after TPW. But I have seen some come sooner. Finger crossed

As soon as I get mine I will let you know! I had a TPW for the week of July 26. The car was actually produced on July 26, the dealer advises me I'm at status 4150 (dealership invoiced). I'm hoping for a late Aug or early Sept delivery. They are railing vehicles west to Edmonton, then trucked to each dealership in Alberta from there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.