My table is in the basement. Garages are for cars! lol! What is a reinforced tent like?
None of the tents I've had last for long. I've had Shelter Logic as well as others from C.T.. I end up just using tarps over the frame as tarps are cheaper than the replacement tents.
Do you have the backup camera ?

Murray: why don’t you BACK the C8 onto the lift? Then you’ll have no problem driving forward when you exit. 😁
If I was smart I'd have lined it up so I could drive in the back door and onto the hoist and off through the front door.

• Haha
Reactions: Thom and 1st Vette
Regardless of which style of lift one owns, there is inevitably 'blind spots' when loading/unloading our toys.
This issue seems to be more problematic with a four post lift, however, even with a single post lift, you don't want to 'scrub' the track guards.
We need to ensure they sit balanced from front to back, as well as being spaced evenly on the tracks.
Back in the day, my Father had the iconic tennis ball hanging down from the ceiling as a stopping guide inside his garage (no lift involved).
I'd like to think I have 'evolved' somewhat, yet here I am getting in and out of my car, just to ensure it is sitting pretty.
In the Spring, when my car isn't wrapped up like a sausage, I will be experimenting with mounting lasers inside the garage.
The concept is simple enough - break the beam (visible from inside the car) and you know you are off course, or have driven ahead too far.
The positioning of these (it may require 2) will take a bit of goofing around.
I'll keep you posted.

Regardless of which style of lift one owns, there is inevitably 'blind spots' when loading/unloading our toys.
This issue seems to be more problematic with a four post lift, however, even with a single post lift, you don't want to 'scrub' the track guards.
We need to ensure they sit balanced from front to back, as well as being spaced evenly on the tracks.
Back in the day, my Father had the iconic tennis ball hanging down from the ceiling as a stopping guide inside his garage (no lift involved).
I'd like to think I have 'evolved' somewhat, yet here I am getting in and out of my car, just to ensure it is sitting pretty.
In the Spring, when my car isn't wrapped up like a sausage, I will be experimenting with mounting lasers inside the garage.
The concept is simple enough - break the beam (visible from inside the car) and you know you are off course, or have driven ahead too far.
The positioning of these (it may require 2) will take a bit of goofing around.
I'll keep you posted.
They have a few of these laser things on Amazon. If you get one, yes, please let us know how it works. With the 2LT and it's front camera we follow a line I painted on the garage floor with a few hash marks to let us know where we are and where to stop. With the Malibu I went old school and have a 4x4 on the floor to tell us where to stop. And of course I trip on it all the time.

Had enjoyed an American made single post for years. Never a problem, no posts to bump into and take up space. The design has been around for over 100 years.
Yes,and almost all office chairs are single post…so go figure. Safe to say the single post lifts are good for some folks who have the $$$ to invest and the four posters are great for those who do not wish to invest so much in their garage storage systems. As always, we all think “our” lift or whatever to be the best.

i Can assure you that more people fall off of office chairs (tip over) than side chairs (4 leg chairs) - office chair exec here :)
Odd numbers ruled the office. Which is why the manufacturers produced five (5) horizontal & three (3) extensions with wheels vs the older four (4) Any ya cut it, single post lifts have been around forever and with manufactures outside of China, can offer lifetime warranties. I have experienced both styles of lifts. Both are good (if made in the USA) however, I have to say the single post does offer significantly easier loading & unloading and allows for more floor space to be utilized. However, I understand you prefer the less expensive four (4) post design. Happy Motoring!

I'm not sure where you got your opinion on my lift preferences? I was talking about office chairs (the "thing" with the "extensions" is called a "base").

I don't prefer either design of lift. I'd buy whichever suited my purpose and quality expectations. Frankly, in my current house, I had a 4 post - because the concrete was not thick enough for a single post to be considered. If I was building a custom garage and could control the concrete quality/thickness, I would consider a single post.

Users who are viewing this thread