Jan 25, 2024
Vaughan, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Awaiting C8
Province
ON
Hi Folks,
Looking for anyone here with a storage lift to comment on the "drive in width" required to set your vehicle on a lift? I am thinking to purchase a lift, and width wise, it says it allows for 80.5" drive through.
The C8 Stingray measurements online seem to indicate 76.1"... so I think it should be okay? Mirrors tucked in I guess.

Hi Folks,
Looking for anyone here with a storage lift to comment on the "drive in width" required to set your vehicle on a lift? I am thinking to purchase a lift, and width wise, it says it allows for 80.5" drive through.
The C8 Stingray measurements online seem to indicate 76.1"... so I think it should be okay? Mirrors tucked in I guess.
Not sure what lift you are looking at but I'd look somewhere else if I were you. My Lift King drive through is 94 inches. I just went out and measured it. Even with your mirrors folded in only gives you 2 inches each side, assuming the mirrors fold in at least flush with the widest part of the body. My C7 is 74 inches and I drive in and out easy and don't need to fold the mirrors. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me but JMO.

The C8 has way too many blind spots without the mirrors! IMO You MUST find a hoist that you can enter and exit with the mirrors OUT (unfolded)! I'd hate to scratch the body on the hoist posts.
I'll try and measure my hoist later, but I was really scared backing out in my C8 with the mirrors in.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
The C8 has way too many blind spots without the mirrors! IMO You MUST find a hoist that you can enter and exit with the mirrors OUT (unfolded)! I'd hate to scratch the body on the hoist posts.
I'll try and measure my hoist later, but I was really scared backing out in my C8 with the mirrors in.
Wrap your posts with carpet.... ;)

Well, mine is 93 inches between the posts and I was extremely nervous backing it out with the mirrors in and almost as nervous with the mirrors out. However there is no way i'd back out with the mirrors in. I also did it with one foot on the brake so it wouldn't roll on me quickly when I hit the ramps.

Here is my DirectLift with my old Camaro on it.

1706642240368.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Well, mine is 93 inches between the posts and I was extremely nervous backing it out with the mirrors in and almost as nervous with the mirrors out. However there is no way i'd back out with the mirrors in. I also did it with one foot on the brake so it wouldn't roll on me quickly when I hit the ramps.

Here is my DirectLift with my old Camaro on it.

View attachment 119480
Doesn't look like you have head room to get another vehicle under it

Doesn't look like you have head room to get another vehicle under it
No, that was when it was in my garage. I ordered it almost as soon as we moved in and I hadn't cut the barn loft out yet. I always seem to do things in the wrong order. I assembled it right away thinking it could stay in the garage until I got the barn ready. It turned out to be a pain, but that's me. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread