Why not go bigger? I have a Direct Lift Pro Park 9 Plus with 109.5 inch width between columns. It makes it easy to use the lower section on a regular basis. We keep our daily driver under it. This model has all the cables and rods hidden. Also watch the ramp to ramp outside width some C8 owners have their tires hanging over. Mine is 80 inches and that will work on a C8 wide body too.

Why not go bigger? I have a Direct Lift Pro Park 9 with 109.5 inch width between columns. It makes it easy to use the lower section on a regular basis. We keep our daily driver under it. This model has all the cables and rods hidden. Also watch the ramp to ramp outside width some C8 owners have their tires hanging over. Mine is 80 inches and that will work on a C8 wide body too.
That would make the whole thing over 10 feet wide, right? Many garages can't support that width.

Why not go bigger? I have a Direct Lift Pro Park 9 Plus with 109.5 inch width between columns. It makes it easy to use the lower section on a regular basis. We keep our daily driver under it. This model has all the cables and rods hidden. Also watch the ramp to ramp outside width some C8 owners have their tires hanging over. Mine is 80 inches and that will work on a C8 wide body too.
Been loosely checking out some lifts ....

Really like these single post lifts ... they look like they take up much less of a foot print and looks like a cleaner install

Anyone have any experience with this type of lift ? This pic is from auto loft's website

1706714742316.png

I wanted a single post lift as I knew my Wife would be uncomfortable driving between the posts (regardless of the spacing).
Mine was installled by 'The Autoloft' out of Toronto (I'm in London).
Great guys to deal with.
The concrete must be at least 5" thick for the system to work, which I have.
You also need a 15A dedicated power source, which I have.
My issue was in raising of the ceiling, however, as a Contractor, this too was resolved.

Attachments

• IMG_8335.jpg
    IMG_8335.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8428.jpg
    IMG_8428.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8429.jpg
    IMG_8429.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I wanted a single post lift as I knew my Wife would be uncomfortable driving between the posts (regardless of the spacing).
Great guys to deal with.
My issue was in raising of the ceiling, however, as a Contractor, this too was resolved.
Nice!! How did they anchor the base on the wall side. Some sort of expanding plugs?

I just sold my 4 post lift because I was tired of it taking up one of my bays and partially blocking our stairs. Downsized to one fun car, so it was no longer needed. Those single post lifts are better from that perspective if you have the correct concrete thickness - which I don't.

Nice!! How did they anchor the base on the wall side. Some sort of expanding plugs?
There is an entire series of large drop-in anchors along the back side of the floor base, plus at the outriggers of the base.

Attachments

• Single Post Schematic.pdf
    290.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ONE-POST-LIFT Single Post 2023 Updated.pdf
    681 KB · Views: 0
There is an entire series of large drop-in anchors along the back side of the floor base, plus at the outriggers of the base.
It would still scare the crap out of me! Depending on 5 inches of concrete! LOL

@DavidC Here is another example of a single post hoist that doesn't require anchoring.

It would still scare the crap out of me! Depending on 5 inches of concrete! LOL

@DavidC Here is another example of a single post hoist that doesn't require anchoring.
Yes, the first time it went up I was a bit nervous myself, and I'm in the concrete business!
The other 'odd' thing about these is the deflection of the outer track - it actually starts a good 3" higher than the inner track, then levels off as the car weighs it down.
These things are very well Engineered.
The costs may be prohibitive to some, but for me, it was well worth it.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Great guys to deal with.
I was talking to one of the owners of auto loft ... very pleasant chat ...

He told me the single post lift was 13 500 $ .....ouch

Reactions: 1st Vette
I was talking to one of the owners of auto loft ... very pleasant chat ...

He told me the single post lift was 13 500 $ .....ouch
Yes.
On top of that I had to raise my ceiling, redo my garage door tracks, install a new drive motor, and bring an electrician in to install a new plug and lighting.
Now I'm obliged to own a sports car so I can justify the storage space.
It's a burden I will carry.

Users who are viewing this thread