Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Denis. I hope to hear good news for myself tomorrow. After the s**t show at Preston Vbill contacted me and I started to shop around found a dealer in Alberta with an allocation. Post more tomorrow if I hear the good news if GM accepted.

Reactions: DenisC8
Congrats Denis!
I would pick RB too but one of my friend picked his last month. My build now is 3LT Cacti with blue interior. Could be the first Cacti in Canada.
Cam, did you have to do a colour override to order a blue interior on a green car?

My order was non non-Z51 as well. 2LT Coupe. Not sure how the list worked and not really too happy that I was bumped to the 2024 with the $12,000 increase!
@GCrone I have been watching your position on the list faithfully as both you and I placed our deposit at Cullen's at the same time. I also placed an deposit with Scherer in Kitchener a couple months later, to have that one come to fruition getting an allocation last December and picked up our car the first week of March. I too do not understand how some get through the list before others when it is NOT a constraint issue! Sorry to hear that you are now dealing with the price increase.

Reactions: GCrone
@GCrone I have been watching your position on the list faithfully as both you and I placed our deposit at Cullen's at the same time. I also placed an deposit with Scherer in Kitchener a couple months later, to have that one come to fruition getting an allocation last December and picked up our car the first week of March. I too do not understand how some get through the list before others when it is NOT a constraint issue! Sorry to hear that you are now dealing with the price increase.
We don't know that its not a constraint issue as constraints are not only z51 or non-z51, it can be multiple combinations of multiple constraints for each allocated car and not the entire allocation per dealership.

We don't know that its not a constraint issue as constraints are not only z51 or non-z51, it can be multiple combinations of multiple constraints for each allocated car and not the entire allocation per dealership.
Hey Denis, I know we have kicked this can down the street and back again, not really seeing it in the same light! But this is how it worked with Scherer. Went on the list... put in my build... received many follow up phone calls letting me know how things were moving along... got a call saying that I was next in line and that there may be a constraint on Non Z-51 and what would I like to do if that happens... took a couple of days and decided that if we had to we would take a Z51 (more money but more car)... got a call for the allocation and had to take the Z51 package (glad I did)... placed the order.. recieved the car and have been smiling ever since. As for the other dealer... Good Guys... personably likeable, but heard crickets. Never did get to sit down and actually do a build... never really knew my placement other than the start at 138... even when I asked for my deposit back, could not get an actual answer where I sat. Once again Good Guy, perhaps just too busy. When there are many deposits sitting it is easy to just grab a freind from the list. When you go with someone and are sitting at #12, they perhaps follow the list a little better. Like you once told me that I was "Lucky to get an allocation quickly" (and I was), I feel bad for guys like @CGrone who was subject to patiently waiting in line blindly not knowing they were getting lubed! Especially at the cost of $12,000.

Reactions: GCrone
Just to be totally clear here, I'm not in any way related or 'friends' with the people at my dealership. I have never had any dealings whatsoever with them before blind-calling them last March asking about buying a C8 (I don't live near that city, but my local dealer had a really long wait period and I heard theirs was shorter). I never once asked to be pulled ahead in the queue. The salesman explained from day one how the list worked, and that they don't allow anyone to jump ahead, and I accepted that (if it matters, I believe them). My only conversations during the waiting period were two calls six months apart to see how the list was progressing, and as I previously noted, it seemed to be proceeding on schedule. And then they called me in June when the allocations came up.

Just to be totally clear here, I'm not in any way related or 'friends' with the people at my dealership. I have never had any dealings whatsoever with them before blind-calling them last March asking about buying a C8 (I don't live near that city, but my local dealer had a really long wait period and I heard theirs was shorter). I never once asked to be pulled ahead in the queue. The salesman explained from day one how the list worked, and that they don't allow anyone to jump ahead, and I accepted that (if it matters, I believe them). My only conversations during the waiting period were two calls six months apart to see how the list was progressing, and as I previously noted, it seemed to be proceeding on schedule. And then they called me in June when the allocations came up.
Hey 1500cc don't take it personal, as that is not what I want anyone to take from my posts. I am very glad that you received the allocation, and am sure you are already practicing your ear to ear grin...lol. My post is more for my confusion on how the lists are actually working, and why the inconsistency.

Reactions: GCrone and 1500cc
Congrats Denis!
I would pick RB too but one of my friend picked his last month. My build now is 3LT Cacti with blue interior. Could be the first Cacti in Canada.
Wow you put your deposit same month I did and I figured another 6-9 months as I was about #100 a couple months ago. Fingers crossed I hear from Cullen soon.

Denis,
I received an allocation last Friday (Aug. 18th) from Ray Cullen, London, for a Stingray.
As such, I have cancelled my name from both Finch, and Brian Cullen.
Oddly, Ray Cullen's name doesn't even show up here, but the timing was about the same.
that is awesome, congrats

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Status
Not open for further replies.