Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys… I messaged my dealer and he says they get allocation every week. I asked if they received a 2024 allocation last week on the 20th and he said yes, 1. But he says it’s weekly they get allocation???
Dealers do get weekly allocations, but not for Corvette. It has been the second Thursday of the month lately with constraints and what type of Stingray such as Z51 or non Z51 coming the following Thursday for ordering. Z06 allocations have not been consistent since they started but are usually two weeks later for those that get them. The first E-Ray allocation is coming Thursday Aug 10th, and that should be the same day they get there next Stingray allocation for October build dates.
Eric, if you think your dealer isn't quite giving you the straight goods, just check back with us, and we'll let you know what's actually going on. If your dealer got 1 allocation for July that means your down to position 7 on the list. Eventually you may move up a spot or two depending on what the 6 people in front of you have on order being Z51 or non-Z51 and what they get allocated. I don't recall you mentioning what you ordered?

Dealers do get weekly allocations, but not for Corvette. It has been the second Thursday of the month lately with constraints and what type of Stingray such as Z51 or non Z51 coming the following Thursday for ordering. Z06 allocations have not been consistent since they started but are usually two weeks later for those that get them. The first E-Ray allocation is coming Thursday Aug 10th, and that should be the same day they get there next Stingray allocation for October build dates.
Eric, if you think your dealer isn't quite giving you the straight goods, just check back with us, and we'll let you know what's actually going on. If your dealer got 1 allocation for July that means your down to position 7 on the list. Eventually you may move up a spot or two depending on what the 6 people in front of you have on order being Z51 or non-Z51 and what they get allocated. I don't recall you mentioning what you ordered?
Wow! Thanks for the info. I truly appreciate this. I ordered a non Z51, rapid blue stingray with tension blue seatbelts. Barebones package, so I don’t think I’ll have much constraints?

Eric, if you think your dealer isn't quite giving you the straight goods, just check back with us, and we'll let you know what's actually going on. If your dealer got 1 allocation for July that means you’re down to position 7 on the list. Eventually you may move up a spot or two depending on what the 6 people in front of you have on order being Z51 or non-Z51 and what they get allocated. I don't recall you mentioning what you ordered?
Why would we get more allocations of stingrays on the 10th of August? Isn’t it the 20th of each month?

No Stingray and the first E-Ray allocations are coming the second Thursday in August (10th). Z06 allocations for August will follow but it is possible they could be on the same day. They have been coming a couple of weeks later up until now, but in July came on the same day as Stingray.
Here's you next task when your speaking to your dealer again. Find out how many of the 6 people ahead of you are Z51's? If your the only non-Z51 you could be next if they're next allocation in August is for a non-Z51 car. I remember when C8 production started with just the coupes in 2020, rapid blue was on constraint and was the last colour to go into production. Hasn't happened since so don't worry. Hope your getting the tension blue interior like Cam.

Last edited:
No Stingray and the first E-Ray allocations are coming the second Thursday in August (10th). Z06 allocations for August will follow but it is possible they could be on the same day. They have been coming a couple of weeks later up until now, but in July came on the same day as Stingray.
Here's you next task when your speaking to your dealer again. Find out how many of the 6 people ahead of you are Z51's? If your the only non-Z51 you could be next if they're next allocation in August is for a non-Z51 car. I remember when C8 production started with just the coupes in 2020, rapid blue was on constraint and was the last colour to go into production. Hasn't happened since so don't worry. Hope your getting the tension blue interior like Cam.
Thank you. I’ll check in with the dealer Monday. Inventory/sales manager is on vacation and he said he’ll check Monday when he’s back.

I’ll update you as well to let you know what they say.

So July 20th was stingray allocation for 2024? And August 10th will be stingray allocation, right?

Production numbers for Canada will be triple that of 2022. Canada's allocation was reduced by 975 cars in 2022 for cars to be exported elsewhere in the world.
For the 2023 Model Year production started on Friday May 20, 2022 when they built 97 cars and will continue through September 12th, giving them an almost 17 month production cycle. This is similar to what happened in 2019 with the ZR1's production for only one model year at the end of the C7 run.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Production numbers for Canada will be triple that of 2022. Canada's allocation was reduced by 975 cars in 2022 for cars to be exported elsewhere in the world.
For the 2023 Model Year production started on Friday May 20, 2022 when they built 97 cars and will continue through September 12th, giving them an almost 17 month production cycle. This is similar to what happened in 2019 with the ZR1's production for only one model year at the end of the C7 run.
Ok so we’re going to most likely see triple of the cars in 2024, compared to 2022?

Ok so we’re going to most likely see triple of the cars in 2024, compared to 2022?
No, Canada got triple the 2023s as compared to 2022. 2024 will be a big decrease in stingray production as E-Ray and Z06 will eat into the daily 186 cars produced at the factory and 2024 production year will be 9-10 months long

Eric, 2024 is going to be a shorter production run model year compared to 2023. Your dealer should still get enough Stingrays to get to you your non-Z51 order based on your current position and the number of cars you said they got this year. Your not on the list, so I don't know what dealer your with?

I think its time to start an official "Stingray list of who is on the list" that will help people track dealer allocations, wait times, and become a crowdsourced resource for those who are waiting for a C8 Stingray or is looking to get on the list for one.

List has been updated:

@Thom - on the list since May 2021 - Bill Spencer- got allocation Sept 2022 and delivered Nov 2022
@amit916 -on the list since May 2021 - Dueck on Marine (Vancouver)
@Larthen - on the list since May 2021 - Preston (Langley, BC)
@ggurface - on the list since Oct 2021 - Wilson Niblett - got allocation Dec 2022 and delivered April 2023
@Neils - on the list since April 2021 - Finch- got allocation March 2023 and delivered May 2023
@Hanko_ - on the list since April 2021 - Bill Spencer - got allocation March 2023 and delivered May 2023
@butsy - on the list since July 2021 - Brian Cullen - got allocation Feb 2023 and delivered May 2023

@Concour - on the list since July 2021- Pepentigny Chevy (Quebec)- got allocation May 2023
@HHL - VETTE - on the list since July 2021 - New Roads Chevy (Newmarket, ON)
@Mr.Corvette - on the list since Aug 2021 - Barry Cullen- got allocation in May 2023 but constraints prevented order submission
@GCrone - on the list since Sept 2021 - Brian Cullen
@T Mac - on the list since Dec 2021 - Steve Scherer - got allocation April 2023 and delivered May 2023
@SebringC8 - on the list since Dec 2021 - Wilson Niblett - got allocation April 2023 and car has shipped
@Johnny21C8 - on the list since Feb 2022 - Capital Chevy (AB) - got allocation Jan 2023
@amit916 - on the list since Feb 2022- Bill Spencer
@JimM - on list since Feb 2022 - Mertin / Bannister GM (BC)
@Peewee - on the list since March 2022- Leggat Chevy
@Mr.Corvette - on the list since April 2022 - Brian Cullen
@Pics999
- on the list since May 2022- Wheaton (Regina) - got allocation March 2023 and car is now built
@z06in2017 - on the list since May 2022 - Brian Cullen
@scraze66 - on the list since May 2022- Capital Chevy (AB)
@DenisC8 - on the list since July 2022 - Brian Cullen
@Joe95Polo - on the list since July 2022 - Wilson Niblett
@wdepipes - on list since Aug 2022- Capital Chevy (AB)
@Cam_rabbits - on the list since Sept 2022 - Brian Cullen
@Red Devil - on the list since Nov 2022 - Brian Cullen
@jwl300 - on the list since Jan 2023 - Brian Cullen
@Cariboocreek - on the list since Jan 2023 - Schwab (Leduc, AB)
@VroomVroom - on the list since Feb 2023 - Capital Chevy (AB)
@KTJF - on the list since Feb 23 - Gananoque Chevy - got allocation May 2023
@mcdavies - on the list since March 2023- Brian Cullen
@Zedder - on the list since April 2023 - Brian Cullen
@DW Ruby - on the list since May 2023- Brian Cullen
@DW Ruby - on the list since May 2023- Finch
This seems like a lot of work.

Your car is scheduled to be completed during the second shift next Wednesday July 26th.
What did you order this time to replace your 2021 and which dealer?
Do you know if my car is still being built tomorrow? Andrew Spencer told me he had 6 cars scheduled for last week production but only received confirmation that one was actually built.

Do you know if my car is still being built tomorrow? Andrew Spencer told me he had 6 cars scheduled for last week production but only received confirmation that one was actually built.
This weeks forecast numbers at the plant show your car being built this afternoon. It will take until mid day Thursday to confirm it's built and by then Spencer's will show it in Quality Control at 3800 status.

Reactions: DenisC8
Status
Not open for further replies.